• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
More Enterprise crew is good. Didn't consider that they might do Short Trek stuff with them.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird. They were so afraid to do anything post TNG and now there's a 30th century show and a Picard show.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking now that the Section 31 show could indeed be the Pike show as well. Two sides of the same coin. Pike and the Enterprise on one side with Ash Tyler and Section 31 on the other with the addition of Georgiou when she returns.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if they're going this hard on the Enterprise crew and bringing it up a bunch at SDCC that there's basically no way CBS isn't at least trying to get an Enterprise show together.
They'd be stupid not too and that they have so many Short Treks dedicated to Pike and crew makes me believe that they are whipping something together soon

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
The full Discovery season 3 panel has been released. I am loving everything I am hearing so far about the new season. Sounds like they are aiming to make yet another really strong season:

I can't wait to see footage of it. They have a really hard job with designing how the future is gong to look. Since it's so far away they really could go any direction they want to be honest.

For example there is nothing saying you couldn't have an advance planet but they decided to make everything look medieval with castles and everything. Touch a wall and all these holographic panels appear. They could get really creative here instead of the typical stuff you expect as said.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't been said. Both Discovery and Supergirl film primarily in Canada so he could still show back up.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Discovery isn't a three season show. I'm nowhere near ready to say goodbye to this cast and characters. Now a renaming would be fine but not it being over and gone. I would say to hell with this Section 31 show and any potential Pike show if it meant Discovery being able to last 5 or 6 seasons. That's my biggest fear going into this seasons that they'll act like Netflix and only keep these shows around for a few season and then dump them. I could see Picard being more limited due to Patrick's age but they can lock in the Discovery cast for years.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Discovery isn't a three season show. I'm nowhere near ready to say goodbye to this cast and characters. Now a renaming would be fine but not it being over and gone. I would say to hell with this Section 31 show and any potential Pike show if it meant Discovery being able to last 5 or 6 seasons. That's my biggest fear going into this seasons that they'll act like Netflix and only keep these shows around for a few season and then dump them. I could see Picard being more limited due to Patrick's age but they can lock in the Discovery cast for years.
CBS want Trek all year and despite a lot of bitching, it's been sucessful. Disco will make it beyond s3.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes if Disco wasn't so successful we wouldn't get....4 new shows, plus the short treks and perhaps a Pike show down the line. So yeah I wouldn't worry about Disco going anywhere anytime soon.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of a Pike show if that's what Discovery was supposed to be.

It's almost like they realized they should have just made a direct TOS prequel in the first place I guess.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of a Pike show if that's what Discovery was supposed to be.

It's almost like they realized they should have just made a direct TOS prequel in the first place I guess.

The original pitch was always going to end up in the far future, after jumping through different eras.

The Hannibal and Pushing Daisies showrunner initially wasn't envisioning a single Trek series, but multiple serialized anthology shows that would begin with Star Trek: Discovery (a prequel to Star Trek: The Original Series), journey through the eras of Captain James T. Kirk and Captain Jean Luc Picard, and then go beyond to a time in Trek that's never been seen before.

"The original pitch was to do for science-fiction what American Horror Story had done for horror," Fuller says. "It would platform a universe of Star Trek shows."

CBS countered with the plan of creating a single serialized series and then seeing how it performed.

But they seem to have decided to keep the Enterprise prequel crew around before the end of the season. They were probably as happy with Mount as fans were.