• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh those uniforms look shit in that clip. They have pops on the right breast? They looked good on jumpsuits in Enterprise but this looks cheap.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh those uniforms look shit in that clip. They have pops on the right breast? They looked good on jumpsuits in Enterprise but this looks cheap.

Thing is, the Enterprise jumpsuits have the segmenting of the shoulder colours to frame the pins. TNG/DS9/VOY has them on the naturally segmented neck. Here they're just... on the background.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see that uniform on someone with actual shoulders. Other then that I can't really judge until I see someone actually moving around in them.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The shoulders look weird in that clip. It honestly looks like what someone would come up with in an SNL parody skit. lol

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
The last cadet uniforms we saw were late DS9, which were a slight reverse of the late DS9/movie gray jumpers.

Division%2Bcolors%2Bcombined.jpg

valiant_443.jpg

But in the clip, he has a proper pip, which marks him as an ensign, so that's a duty outfit, meaning an almost complete reversion in Starfleet uniforms.Which, out-of-universe makes sense, because they're partially selling this series on nostalgia.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I just finished season 2 of Discovery. I loved it! But I gotta know
Are we getting more of the Disco crew or is that it? I'm kinda sad

Catch me up on the post season talk please!

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched 2 seasons in a month. Best star trek series ?

Yes
You're going to get some raised eyebrows with that statement. Not from me though. I like the show a lot. Hard to compare to previous shows as they have a lot more episodes under their belt, but I'm really pleased with the Trek we're getting currently and I'm really hoping it continues long term.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
You're going to get some raised eyebrows with that statement. Not from me though. I like the show a lot. Hard to compare to previous shows as they have a lot more episodes under their belt, but I'm really pleased with the Trek we're getting currently and I'm really hoping it continues long term.
I'm all in for more exposure for the show
Discovery made me watch DS9 because I needed more ST and i'm in love with DS9 now.
(before I watched 2 season of TOS, lots of episodes from TNG, all Voyager and now this)

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Needed a new show to watch with my greens. Binged through the first season and just started the second, really loving this show - the production values continually leave me stunned.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of this thread for months because my friend and I haven't really had the time to sit down and get through the half of the season we had left. We finally managed to watch the last two episodes tonight, though.

I had this whole lengthy thing written out about my concerns with the last season, but honestly it's been months for many of you and I kinda get the feeling that no one really wants to rehash old discussions. So instead, I'll just say this: Star Trek Discovery feels like an anime series, in that relentless forward momentum and big emotional moments are more important than whether the plot actually makes sense. The only part of this dumb analogy I made up in my head that doesn't really fit is that I feel like anime shows are better at giving equal time to all the main characters, whereas in Discovery it often feels like your backstory only gets filled in if and when you become important to the next plot development.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Shazad Latif got robbed, he is routinely excellent in a very difficult role and is far more deserving than Cruz or Peck.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the Hall H panel starts at 2:30pm EST. Don't think any of it is being live streamed but the usual hash tags are there to follow (#StarTrek, #StarTrekDiscovery, #StarTrekPicard, #StarTrekUniverse, #StarTrekSDCC) and twitter accounts (@Trekmovie, @trekcore) are in attendance. Of course there is @startrekcbs and @startrek.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting big things from this. Probably a Picard trailer and some juicy discovery info.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Tarantino has been talking about his trek a lot lately, and now that hollywood is almost out, maybe they'll make something official.