• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Was not expecting a new Star Ocean at all, but I'm in! Despite the character designs. XD

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Euzd7s1.jpg

This is absolute nightmare fuel. Like they've sewed a child's face onto a grown man, then slapped a cheap drag wig on top.

Please fix this ASAP, holy fuck.
Lmao

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer hyped me, the exploration could be really fun and the writing is the sort of camp I expect from Star Ocean.
And people should really stop with the PS2 comparisons, it's dumb as fuck
I get not being interested in this, but the level of vitriol that has instantly been thrown at this, damn...

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I have no words... The traversal and the scale of the maps looked cool, but other than that this seems to be another trash ass harem game posing as a JRPG.
Sigh... At least there's always SO1&2.

If this is what tri-Ace is up to these days I'd rather not see them even dare to attempt VP:Hrist.
Looks like you can select your protag, so you can play as the fantasy girl if you wish

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
No one is blaming tri-Ace. They have to work with what they get. People are blaming S-E for wasting effort by always giving SO such a tight budget which will just continue to run the series to the ground.

Better to just hibernate the series.

Nah man those character models are 100% tri-ace crap.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Open world exploration and seamless battles? Already looks more advance than Tales of Arise.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SE continuing their experiment to determine the least amount of money you can spend making a modern console JRPG.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing is you can pick any character for traversal. So goodbye mc and hello knight girl and energy whip lady

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno about you all, but the traversal already makes this far more interesting than the previous entries. Could lead to some interesting exploration.

Game gets a day 1 for me, as the devs are at least trying something new.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Stylistically for sure. tri-Ace needs to move on from this style for SO period. Just funny because they can do other styles but insist on continuing this uncanny valley type for Star Ocean since 4.
Yeah either you need some shading to improve the look or face designs that work better like Tales of does

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why even get hyped? SO4/5 were bad to average at best. Tri-Ace needs deep soul searching.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when, for a second there, Tri-Ace looked like a premier studio on the PS1. The last few generations have clearly been very rough for them. It is like seeing the prom king from your high school digging through a garbage can behind a Wendy's...

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
tri-Ace really went and looked at the unquenched thirst for a Xenoblade Chronicles X port and just said ThanosFineIllDoItMyself.jpg.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'll play it. Star Ocean stories toy with neat ideas and try some cool shit whether or not it works.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
2D art has the MC's face looking much better. That shit better be fixed by release. I bought SO5 at launch (well, the digital Japanese version), so my voice deserves to be heard for giving them money.

I'll probably get this Day 1 like SO5.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the stand alone(4K?) trailer it looks pretty decent; ain't winning no accolades but shit made me even more hype!!!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i know there was a period where developers struggled with how to adopt anime designs into high quality 3D models, but that issue has been solved so i'm not sure why tri-Ace is still so intent on doing whatever this is