• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Well, I sarcastically said that I'd get the new Pokémon once it went on sale...

I hope I like it. This will be my first Pokémon game since X/Y.

Oct 26, 2017
OKAY! You have to use different emails/accounts to get more than one item. I just ordered Sword and LM3 digital at $62.14 each after tax. Still waiting for the codes.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
OKAY! You have to use different emails/accounts to get more than one item. I just ordered Sword and LM3 digital at $62.14 each after tax. Still waiting for the codes.

Codes? As I understood it (and it says so in my email too) what I ordered were digital game cards that I would have to pick up at the store to redeem (or have them shipped to me). Did you find some other option?

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
wish I had seen this thread sooner, just wanted LM3 but alas, its sold out.

ok it looks like the digital download is still available, might just settle for that, would be great if they didn't charge tax for digital, oh well.

Oct 26, 2017
Codes? As I understood it (and it says so in my email too) what I ordered were digital game cards that I would have to pick up at the store to redeem (or have them shipped to me). Did you find some other option?

On the Pokemon Sword page and others on the website:

"You will receive two emails: One confirming your entire order, and one with a "Download Software" button. You can download immediately or return to your email to download later."

I'm assuming this download button email will arrive right before the store opens. I just bought an external HDD yesterday the exact same way, and I got the shipment email like a half hour before opening.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
On the Pokemon Sword page and others on the website:

"You will receive two emails: One confirming your entire order, and one with a "Download Software" button. You can download immediately or return to your email to download later."

I'm assuming this download button email will arrive right before the store opens. I just bought an external HDD yesterday the exact same way, and I got the shipment email like a half hour before opening.

Oh, excellent!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all still got some Staples that have games? The one in downtown Toronto liquidated their games section long ago. :(

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a Dragon Quest XI code. How long do these take to show up? I haven't even gotten the first "order confirmed" email yet, let alone the code.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How is CAD$55 US$25? That's US$41

Just checked, there's 5% VAT in Canada. CAD$80 per game is without VAT I presume?
So it's CAD$80*1.05=CAD$84. That's about the same price as in Europe (RRP €59.99/CAD$87.64) or US (US$60+tax/CAD$79.61+tax).....
In Europe the VAT is anywhere between 20%-27%.

1. He's talking about the $25 in savings.
2. Tax fluctuates from province to province. In Ontario it's 13%.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Couldn't find Odyssey, which is the one game I want to buy but can't justify the price for it.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
1. He's talking about the $25 in savings.
2. Tax fluctuates from province to province. In Ontario it's 13%.
1. Gotcha!
2. Just checked. Damn, you're in tough luck if you live in one of the five provinces which did enact the HST. OTOH you live in Ontario, which has the lowest of the five. The other four pay 15%.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Can you only use the code on one order with one staples account? I used it in TMS and then tried to make another order with Luigi's Mansion but it says the code is now invalid.

Oct 26, 2017
Can you only use the code on one order with one staples account? I used it in TMS and then tried to make another order with Luigi's Mansion but it says the code is now invalid.

Yeah, one code per account. If you have other email addresses lying around, use those.

In the WiiU you had to create a canadian account.

Wii U was able to use US codes as well. My Canadian account accepted US codes just fine back then.

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't get Three Houses since I have a good feeling it'll be on sale during the TGA as it's nominated for Best Strategy game, and I believe Nintendo prioritizes nominations in their TGA sales. But yeah, dream on about seeing Smash on sale like, ever. :P

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I like this thread. It's nice to Canada, video games and prices talked about in a positive manner for once.

*sheds a single $80 plus tax tear*

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a Dragon Quest XI code. How long do these take to show up? I haven't even gotten the first "order confirmed" email yet, let alone the code.

I ordered DQXI last night, and the code still hasn't come in this morning (yes I checked my spam folder). I did receive a confirmation email shortly placing the order, though. I think other people are in the same boat, judging from the Discord.

Worth noting, I got PSN credit from an earlier Staples sale, and that went through very quickly. It seems to be dependent on what digital codes you're getting; seems to vary from game to game, even.

Last edited:

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Getting points back sucks because selection and availability at shoppers is quite poor so unless you shop there for other goods it's not a great deal. I know red flag has a hardon for collecting points but I still think getting the senior discount is the best option for games... if you're lucky enough to find a store with stock.

Getting points now is great because you can use them at other lablaws stores. I use up my points when I go grocery shopping. I was able to get back $165 in points (due to stacked deals) when I bought my switch lite. :)

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered DQXI last night, and the code still hasn't come in this morning. I did receive a confirmation email shortly placing the order, though. I think other people are in the same boat, judging from the Discord.
I didn't even get a confirmation email, but it says it's processing on my order history. I'll give it a bit.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Got Linked Awakening's this way about 2 weeks ago -- awesome deal

Charged tax on the PS+.. Still paid less than $60 for my order of 1yr PS+ & $25 PSN. Not bad

This is the year where I finally stop subbing to PSN+. I think I've been with it since the beginning. Completely disappointed with the latest games, both quality and quantity. I might miss online saves but in my case it was more peace of mind than an actual feature. I don't play online at all either.