• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
That was.... a bunch of nothing.

They were really excited about the fact that you can BUY GAMES from Stadia, PLAY WITH OTHERS, and... you can play anywhere from a browser.

So yeah, I think we knew all that?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Um, well okay. I thought the zombie game looked interesting. I think going for simpler indie games makes a lot of sense for their platform. Less demanding games means reliable 60 fps and with a lot of those games the latency won't matter anyway.

That said, didn't see anything that inspired confidence and I wonder if Stadia will be ready for the big changes we expect to see with nextgen consoles. Also is Stadia working on iPhones yet?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tenor.gif

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Yeesh...

Yup, still not for me. Make stadia available in other countries!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they just kinda of mentioned EA like an afterthought after so many months of speculation if they would support the platform or not. Thought there would be a mention of Apex

Also first evidence they have not murdered Phil Harrison, I don't think he has been in anything since the launch

JCLShay

Apr 4, 2020
Boy, you have to dig in the dirt to show how far they missed the already low bar set in terms of expectations. One of the initial promises was to be able to stream games in 4k with topline graphics at a fraction of the cost of a monster rig. Feels like they're pivoting away from that and going with more of a general message of "This thing plays games!"

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Well that was an okay-ish stream. Some nice little games in their, though I kinda missed the "this is our huge Stadia First Party game that is only possible on stadia"-moment. Guess we still have to wait a while to see their big exclusive endeavors since they just started building their first party studios.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I actually came across this randomly and thought maybe Stadia is going to show something cool. I left thinking Stadia is in even worse shape than before.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao i wanted to try out the free two months of stadia pro but the thing doesnt even take my credit card

this keeps getting funnier

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting FIFA and Madden seems like a nice get, but I was hoping for more out of this one. This is the time Stadia and Google have people's focus before next gen showcases kick off.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I misheard that thing about Jedi Fallen Order.. its really not coming until Autumn? That seems insane. Is it because it is hard to port the games, or publishers don't want to dedicate much time to it?

I think going for simpler indie games makes a lot of sense for their platform. Less demanding games means reliable 60 fps and with a lot of those games the latency won't matter anyway.

Getting reliable 60fps on games really shouldn't be a problem for a service where the whole point is you don't need powerful hardware at the user end.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Glad to see EA is on board. I wonder if that means Origin will eventually make its way onto the service. I know Ubisoft is bringing Uplay over. Would be nice!

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
That was kinda bad, i was expecting something very big... Is Google even working on some big AAA games?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I think Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony might have once been apprehensive about Google joining the Gaming market. A powerful Google console with Google's Assistant and powerful AI chops could have had some impact as a disruptor.

But going all in with streaming via Stadia...it's hard to see how they'll cope with the upcoming blowout of the next gen consoles. Also hard to make the argument for Stadia over the likes of PS Now or XCloud.

I guess the next 6 - 7 months will be crucial for them.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Tried PUBG; runs very smoothly, got into a game super fast

Looks kinda ass, but it does play nicely on K+M so gg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried PUBG; runs very smoothly, got into a game super fast

Looks kinda ass, but it does play nicely on K+M so gg
60fps ? This would be amazing and make me back in the game

So we got 4 pro free game this time. It's stunning imho. Library keep increasing. And for free right now

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was... certainly the standard of quality I've come to expect from Stadia.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
That connect seemed kinda late? Since they are 8 months without one, I expected way more. They did promise a few games and showed some good ones, but still... If this thing was way more frequent, I wouldn't have minded at all.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I understand Stadia always had a tough battle ahead when it came to entering the gaming market, but it looks like their efforts were ill-planned and they launched it too soon. This connect didn't have anything exciting whatsoever

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Google needed to just go out and become the next EA and not try to compete with Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft. The amount of money they could've put into building new studios, new talent pools, and new ideas rather then this is probably mind boggling.