• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. Arent these part of the small launch line up? Hope nobody bought them last week if you are Pro.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I don't want to shit on Stadia, but I'm not sure what they hell do they want to accomplish gifting a game from almost 7 years ago.

Tomb Raider 2013 has been at sales for less than 5$, 99% of the people that wanted to play it has already play it. It's crazy that Farming Sim 19 is the better deal.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We need a poll to see if people would be more excited for Snes games showing up on Nintendo Online or games popping up on Stadia.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They have so few games coming in that they already need to give away one from their 20 game library?

Holy hell

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they'll give refunds to people who already bought.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck thinks this is a good way to launch a product? Unbelievable.

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't realize Farming Simulator was also a launch title. I edited my OP to reflect that.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's like they went through a gaming junk drawer and just picked some games off the top. Amazing launch guys.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
You don't get to keep your "free" games if your pro subscription lapses. So anyone buying those can at least play them if they decide to end their sub.

Sure but literally everyone who has bought stadia at this point is a pro subscriber. So every single user will be getting these games for free so it's really shitty for the people who paid money for these games within the last week.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
You get a refund if you bought those games

still extremely weird games to be adding, but i guess its nice you get it added and not subbed in or something

remember that thing where the CEO of Google said he doesn't play games but he likes stadia because of the challenges it presents? Everyone at stadia seems to have that mindset.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ngl, Farming Sim is a game I'm curious to try but wouldn't buy so happy with that. Tomb Raider is old but I'll take it.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
um... that's pretty dumb, someone might have bought them and not get anything of value out of their subscription. the free games should have been something new added to the lineup.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
For context, it has always been their plan to add games to their Pro tier every month much like PS Plus. This isn't a desperation move.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
yeah but something from the launch lineup that some people may have already bought last week is kinda lame.

As someone who bought Tomb Raider last week, it's not the best month for me, but this happens on all these subscription services. I've been burned on PS+ a lot!

I think I can refund it though. I'll look into that tonight.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
why not Farming Simulator 2020
Odd numbers are the bigger versions for console and PC every two years.
Even numbers are the mobile versions for tablets / smartphones / vita / 3ds.

Edit: seems like while the Switch got the full '19 version it will also get the mobile '20 edition.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This is eerie. I was listening to Easy Allies' latest podcast and they were discussing Stadia. In that segment one of the hosts (think it was K. Bosman) asserted that TR a last gen game, ought to have been free on the platform.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
So Stadia threads are gonna be more of the same comments in every thread till the 2nd page of it if anything. Seems like the majority of users in /r/Stadia are enjoying it.

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So Stadia threads are gonna be more of the same comments in every thread till the 2nd page of it if anything. Seems like the majority of users in /r/Stadia are enjoying it.
I think it's okay for people to be disappointed in a lackluster service that's giving away launch titles that people already bought.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I think it's okay for people to be disappointed in a lackluster service that's giving away launch titles that people already bought.
I mean sure but that's not all the comments here, but regardless of it not really lackluster imo. Their launch titles are basically on par with what came out at the beginning of this gen. Sure it would have been nice to get Pro games not in the store but that's probably just gonna be something Google has to learn.