• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when Nintendo slashed the price of the 3DS early on, and they gave people who bought it at full price a bunch of games for free?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am thinking of doing it even though I believe Stadia is going to flop. I could use the Chromecast Ultra to replace my 1st gen Chromecast, it has been acting up lately, and for the extra $30 I basically will get the controller and 3 months of Stadia Pro.
I do wonder if that 3 months of Pro Subscription can be redeemed at a later date or does it have to be right away?

EDIT - I found the answer. Codes must be redeemed within one year of shipment to redeem three month trial of Stadia Pro.

I think I will do it and hold onto the code.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I am thinking of doing it even though I believe Stadia is going to flop. I could use the Chromecast Ultra to replace my 1st gen Chromecast, it has been acting up lately, and for the extra $30 I basically will get the controller and 3 months of Stadia Pro.
I do wonder if that 3 months of Pro Subscription can be redeemed at a later date or does it have to be right away?
Yeah, if you are in the market for a Chromecast Ultra, it isn't a bad deal.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I have Stadia Pro from a 3 month code I got at PAX. I wouldn't pay even $9.99 for a 3 month membership of Stadia, let alone $99.99 (chromecast included). Service is weak, especially compared to others like Geforce and xCloud, which offer way more variety of games.

OP
OP
Anastasis

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT - I found the answer. Codes must be redeemed within one year of shipment to redeem three month trial of Stadia Pro.

There are some rumors of an updated Chromecast Ultra with remote. https://9to5google.com/2020/03/10/exclusive-2nd-gen-chromecast-ultra-android-tv/

Oct 25, 2017
You know I recently tried geforce now since it was offering a 3 month free trial when you sign up (which is only 5 dollars a month anyway) and I was legitimately blown away. I played a D2 pvp match and only once did I have issues.

Granted my connection is solid, it's 80-85mbps with a 5ghz router. But I played entirely through wireless. It was awesome.

So when stadia comes around touting less for more money I'm like are they even trying to be competitive? At least with GFN it works with games you already own assuming they're supported on the platform.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the promotion.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. Maybe I will hold off then. I really am in it for the Chromecast Ultra. Just was willing to pay the extra $30 for everything else and figure a controller and 3 months of Stadia would cost me $10 a month. But I honestly do not see me using it much at all.

Thanks for the info. Think I am definitely going to wait and hold out for to see about this new Chromecast Ultra instead.

Also truth be told, I doubt this will be the last time they do a sale like this.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
not interested until we get that iOS app

if i could use a hardwired razer kishi on an iphone and just buy destiny 2 complete out right, i'm there day 1

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
let me know when they pay me to use that garbage

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Lol

Wake me up when Stadia Base launches or you can subscribe to Stadia Pro without that stupid bundle

I'm curious to see how the tech works but not $99 curious

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I guess we know now when is Stadia End Of Service

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
No thanks.. Id rather use 99 1 dollar bills to wipe my ass and flush them down the toilet.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
You know I recently tried geforce now since it was offering a 3 month free trial when you sign up (which is only 5 dollars a month anyway) and I was legitimately blown away. I played a D2 pvp match and only once did I have issues.

Granted my connection is solid, it's 80-85mbps with a 5ghz router. But I played entirely through wireless. It was awesome.

So when stadia comes around touting less for more money I'm like are they even trying to be competitive? At least with GFN it works with games you already own assuming they're supported on the platform.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the promotion.
I love GFN for it's versativily (i.e Divinity 2 on my Firestick) but techwise Stadia absolutely blows it away

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by trolling
Stadia?

plmusf5.jpg

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
"Hey guys with Netflix and Youtube reducing the quality of their service in light of a global pandemic come buy our internet only gaming service"

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Since this offer has expired, there is little point in keeping the thread open.

Status
Not open for further replies.