• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Both for me. On my 4k TV via a Chromecast Stadia looks essentially native. On my PC monitor (1080p) it looks great too. GeForce Now looks like a Steam Link stream. Like it's washed out.
On TV Stadia definately blows Geforce away for me...of course I am playing Geforce on a FireTV and MiBox and not a ShieldTV so I am not the best person to compare.

The both look great on my monitor, I just find that Destiny 2 and Division 2 that I am playing on Geforce really look great in the color contrast department, just wish Geforce was more stable.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
696x534

Not bad

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Looking forward to the new pro games, never played any of them before. My sub renews on Friday, happy to pay the £8.99.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been bouncing back and forth between Stadia and GeForce Now for a while now (was in the beta for GeForce Now for ages so been using it for a while). They're both obviously very different in a lot of ways but there's one massive difference that really makes Stadia better imo.

It's the contrast levels. GeForce Now looks like a video stream. It's washed out and blacks look grey. I never ever feel like it's native, I feel like I'm playing a stream. On the opposite end, Stadia looks basically native on my screen. You'll get the odd hitch that'll give it away but I'm constantly surprised at how native-like the Stadia stream looks to my eyes on my nice screen.

I've been playing a lot of GeForce the last week or so, and as much as it pains me to say it, I'm going with GeForce going forward and it's not close. The Stadia tech seems to be better, especially on my TV, but, in the end, it will always come down to games. Stadia just can't match GeForce. Right now I've been playing a ton of Wolcen over GeForce and it's been a mostly flawless experience. I feel like this game will never come to Stadia, and even if it did, would I be able to play with my PC friends? I'd love for Stadia to become my indie machine tho. I'll def play steam worlds next month.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Just bought Doom 2016 for £7.39 on PS4, never played it but if I enjoy it I'm going to get Eternal on Stadia next month.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Hey that's right, whatever happened to that Destiny guy who was going to talk about how it was to develop for Stadia? Would've been interesting to hear how they ended up where they are with that game.

Not sure if Grid's a blessing or a curse to be honest. On the one hand there's a good chance they'll finally be able to properly use the 40 player racing mode now, but if the pop for it starts dropping again in a couple of weeks it's going to be held up as another example of waning population (even though I wouldn't expect people to stick around a new 'free' game for too long if they have other options)

They'll be the last pro games I pick up but sadly none of them have really been my thing. Hoping we get some Orcs Must Die news sometime soon

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Steamworld Dig 2 is one of my favorite games of last decade. Such a perfectly designed metroidvania, awesome abilities, fantastic soundtrack, and some great (mostly optional) puzzle dungeons too.

And while I also liked the first Steamworld Dig, I wasn't a huge fan of its procedurally generated environments. So it's a nice change that Steamworld Dig 2's world is entirely hand-crafted.

If you have Stadia Pro, you should absolutely not overlook it!

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Steamworld Dig 2 is one of my favorite games of last decade. Such a perfectly designed metroidvania, awesome abilities, fantastic soundtrack, and some great (mostly optional) puzzle dungeons too.

And while I also liked the first Steamworld Dig, I wasn't a huge fan of its procedurally generated environments. So it's a nice change that Steamworld Dig 2's world is entirely hand-crafted.

I played about halfway through Dig1, should I finish that before Digging into Dig2? Dig.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
You don't need to play the first to enjoy the 2nd, but there are some small story details which could be fun.

I still replay both games occasionally so I think the first Steamworld Dig is enjoyable enough in its own right to be worth finishing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Massively agree with this. I liked the first game enough but Steamworld Dig 2 HOOKED me. Easily made my GOTY list that year.

If you don't connect with the first game, please still try Steamworld Dig 2. It's absolutely amazing.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
You don't need to play the first to enjoy the 2nd, but there are some small story details which could be fun.

I still replay both games occasionally so I think the first Steamworld Dig is enjoyable enough in its own right to be worth finishing.

Right. I should. I have it on Origin which is why I never remember I have it.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I'm excited about playing the Steamworld games. Stadia Pro paying huge dividends.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone let their Stadia membership lapse? If so, what happened your Destiny 2 access? Can you still access everything or just the New Light content?

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be very interested if there's a small spike for Stadia when Destiny 2 trials starts up next season. Because with the player base on stadia being so low and casual, you know people will go there to get their trials flawless. It will be so, so much easier there compared to PC or console.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Wuh? IIRC it was stated from the start that Destiny would be the first "free with pro" game, I never had the impression you'd keep it without pro.

They never came out and said explicitly what would happen Destiny 2 when your Stadia Pro membership lapsed. Remember, this is a free to play game after all. They never said if you could continue with the New Light content or not.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
They never came out and said explicitly what would happen Destiny 2 when your Stadia Pro membership lapsed. Remember, this is a free to play game after all. They never said if you could continue with the New Light content or not.
Every ad for the service had Destiny 2 as part of Pro, and it was the only Pro game they talked about for like a year.

Not sure how anyone would get the impression you could keep it.

The F2P version is not available on Stadia.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Turn-Based or Turn-based with RTWP, I hope we find out

Edit: It's Turn-based.

Last edited:

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
9to5Google did an APK teardown of the Stadia 2.7 app and found indications of preparation for new features, including:
  • Stadia base + free trial (one month) of Stadia Pro
  • Possible cap on free players at a given time
  • Live streaming from Stadia to YouTube
  • Family sharing limit (one player per family acct can play a specific game at a time)
  • Captures on web with downloading
More at the link.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
9to5Google did an APK teardown of the Stadia 2.7 app and found indications of preparation for new features, including:
  • Stadia base + free trial (one month) of Stadia Pro
  • Possible cap on free players at a given time
  • Live streaming from Stadia to YouTube
  • Family sharing limit (one player per family acct can play a specific game at a time)
  • Captures on web with downloading
More at the link.
Pretty cool, honestly with Stadia, GFN, xCloud and the rumoured enhancements to xCloud to play PC games I think I am good with the idea of not getting a console next gen

Oct 27, 2017

This is so stupid of me but I had no idea that SWD2's environments were NOT randomly generated. No wonder I loved it so much.

Deleted member 50761

Banned
Dec 11, 2018

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
Pro games this month are great, think I own Steamworld Dig 2 on other systems but never played that or SW Quest so will definitely give those a go.

I used to be a huge fan of racing games but don't play too many nowadays, saying that I'll definitely be giving GRID a go too.

Gylt was a really nice surprise as well, like a toned down kids Silent Hill in lots of ways, don't sleep on it folks.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool, honestly with Stadia, GFN, xCloud and the rumoured enhancements to xCloud to play PC games I think I am good with the idea of not getting a console next gen
And miss out on Sony's first party games?
I can't do that. Within a year I expect to have a PS5. And XSX is a day 1 purchase. And at least for me it'll be difficult to just stick with GFN for PC gaming as well. :/

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
And miss out on Sony's first party games?
I can't do that. Within a year I expect to have a PS5. And XSX is a day 1 purchase. And at least for me it'll be difficult to just stick with GFN for PC gaming as well. :/
Not a big deal for me, I'm sure I will eventually have a PS5 as it is my kids social circle unless the friends chose Xbox next gen lol. I usually buy consoles day 1, streaming will satiate my need to do that : )

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Interesting bit in Eurogamers BG3 interview. They confirm that games can come out on Stadia in an 'Early access' state.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-27-baldurs-gate-3-interview
What's the nature of your situation with Stadia - is it early access first, then Stadia, then full release on PC?

Walgrave:
Were releasing simultaneously on Stadia and on Steam in early access.

So it'll be sort of "Stadia early access" as well as Steam Early access?

Walgrave:
Yeah. I don't think Stadia has a word for it. But, I don't think the contract explicitly says that we need to be on Stadia first or something like that.
The last line is a tad confusing if you want to be picky, but to me he's saying both Steam and Stadia will get early access versions of the game, though they might not launch at the same time, which makes sense given the different levels of Q&A that the platforms have. So the Stadia EA version might be very slightly later than the Steam version, but we'll still get it.
Which is rather interesting and exciting for the future of the platform.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting bit in Eurogamers BG3 interview. They confirm that games can come out on Stadia in an 'Early access' state.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-27-baldurs-gate-3-interview

The last line is a tad confusing if you want to be picky, but to me he's saying both Steam and Stadia will get early access versions of the game, though they might not launch at the same time, which makes sense given the different levels of Q&A that the platforms have. So the Stadia EA version might be very slightly later than the Steam version, but we'll still get it.
Which is rather interesting and exciting for the future of the platform.
He says simultaneously in Early Access. So it will not be later on Stadia. I read the last sentence as meaning that the Steam version doesn't have to come after Stadia.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
It similar to Geforce Now, you can only have so many people on before it affects the network, of course subscribers will get priority. With GFN you need to wait until there is an available VM
Actually, from the wording, and what the article is also deducing from it is that it appears to be a cap on the number of new accounts created (per area), not a cap on the number of players logged in at a time (a queue). So it'll probably be first come first serve.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I kept my sub since I am/was on a Buddy Pass so it didnt cost me a dime so far and I am still playing Destiny 2 on and off with a friend,plan on finishing Gylt,which is a nice little game and the Steamworld games I never tried but heard good things about them...quality is much better then GFN I think,but I only tried Darksiders Genesis and Grim Dawn on there...might try Edge of Eternity,which is on sale on Steam and supported in GFN this weekend.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Not a big deal for me, I'm sure I will eventually have a PS5 as it is my kids social circle unless the friends chose Xbox next gen lol. I usually buy consoles day 1, streaming will satiate my need to do that : )
Understandable. I think if Sony would put up first party PS5 exclusives on PS Now then I would absolutely see streaming as an alternative, as long as the streaming itself is on par with Stadia and Geforce Now.
But xCloud and it's mobile focus and XB1 hardware is missing the mark for me. I haven't heard the details on the PC streaming feature though, that might change things I guess.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So Destiny 2 was definitely only available as part of a Pro subscription before (as The Destiny 2 Collection) but I just noticed that it's finally available to buy in different formats, along with all the different DLC/expansions. Can't see if base Destiny 2 is F2P (because I'm a Pro subscriber).

stadia.google.com

Stadia service is no longer available. Thanks for playing.

Stadia service is no longer available. Thanks for playing.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I spent 130+ 40 (darksiders)+ 10 bucks (March )= 180 for stadia controller + chrome cast and 12 games. For now I'm really loving stadia. The lack of games means they put recent and big games as well every month. Happy for now

Grid and steamworld are amazing looking

i wish we can use Xbox or ps4 with chrome cast soon to play multiplayer on tv without a second chrome cast controller

i have one more buddy pass for anyone interested (PM)

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
It was guaranteed to happen. You don't own your games. You especially don't own the hardware.

They couldn't have moochers playing their games on hardware they weren't paying for, at least when the hardware could be granted to a paying customer.
Is this about a possible time limit on the free sub?
Personally I think it's a bad idea, it'll just feed the negativity. Buying games at full price without discounts and then get a time cap seems like something worth complaining about.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Is this about a possible time limit on the free sub?
Personally I think it's a bad idea, it'll just feed the negativity. Buying games at full price without discounts and then get a time cap seems like something worth complaining about.

It depends on how you look at it. You also buy full price games on consoles and none of the console manufacturers offer you a free console to play your games on. Paying the Pro subscription is the equivalent of buying the console and in that case you should never be placed in a queue to play your games.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but how do you reactivate a lapsed account? I can't see the option either in the app or on the site.