• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced Google are doing everything in their power to kill this thing

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
This trailer reeks of an ad team that has watched way too much Tim and Eric.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
my problem is, that I still have no idea how to actually use stadia. is it an app? in a browser? what platforms support it? can you buy hardware if you want to? do you have to? I have no idea. isn't that something that should be part of advertisement if you introduce something that works differently than common gaming platforms?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
my problem is, that I still have no idea how to actually use stadia. is it an app? in a browser? what platforms support it? can you buy hardware if you want to? do you have to? I have no idea. isn't that something that should be part of advertisement if you introduce something that works differently than common gaming platforms?
Yes. Also yes. Theoretically everything that supports a browser or the app. No. No.

There.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
The ad is really fun.But thankfully all humans are perfectly rational and don't ever purchase things because they saw a fun ad.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
This whole Founder's Edition thing seemed like a very clear beta launch for a small amount of die hards but I guess I was mistaken if Google is spending big money on ads.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The service is not for me but I loved this ad! That's the first time Stadia didn't seem like some medicine to me, it actually seemed cool and stuff. These Stadia Connect were terrible and way too clean.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
These are not the games you're looking for
giphy.gif

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I... uh.. um... ok. That was a ride. Didn't expect that.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
That was hilarious. It was like the commercial was context aware.

But... is Google treating this as an actual launch? I thought this was an early access period before the real launch and launch of the separate purchasable tiers some time in 2020?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand what Google are thinking with their entire approach to this whole thing

Am I just too old? Is this appealing to GenZ?

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Not a Stadia fan but that was an awesome trailer. Definitely grab my attention if I saw that.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
A video game commercial is worth a thousand words...and they're all "shit".

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
This will be fun to look back in a few years when all people have forgot about Stadia, but right now its just a plain dumb ad.