• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Alucardx23 So, when the next gen consoles release, with exclusives from first party devs and full third party support, how is Stadia going to compare?

I'm genuinely curious about your answer, because right now Stadia isn't doing well with third party support. Games are either delayed ports, or they have late patches, they run worse, or aren't on par with other console versions (borderlands 3). Additionally there's been nothing from Activision and EA, and they make some of the biggest third party titles (cod, FIFA).
Destiny 2 at 60 frames is better than any console offering, for what this argument is worth.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I was not talking about or denying the marketing around Stadia. You are now including ad populum fallacies on your answers. This is of course interesting to anyone that is curious about how things work. You are talking to one right now, unless you are prepared to say I'm no one. Are you?
Are you unfamiliar with how Engish language works by any chance?
The argument about the popularity of Stadia has been the crucial point of my argument from go
here read it again
If we're being fair, this is pretty much how the general public is seeing Stadia now (if they even think about it, let's be fair)

It generally takes a generation for a system to shed its 1st year reputation (and we're talking freak case like ps3 here).
If by the of the year, Stadia is still a joke, Google will have to spend A LOT to right that ship.

It's about the popularity of Stadia, NOTHING ELSE.

Trying to move the discussion to another place are we? That is of course something I would agree with and something I will repeat again, just for you. "Google has a communication problem with the public".
You're the one going on useless tangents while not addressing people's point for over 10 pages now.
What do you think I am arguing exactly?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Honest question - when XsX or PS5 drops, how many games from the current gen will you be playing? Will you complain if there aren't very many new next gen games? What if XsX and PS5 has a launch window of 25 games, will you just say that it's okay I have the entire library of older games to play and not complain that there's no new games?

You're misinterpreting what I said. It wasn't a value judgment about Stadia's lack of support, it was a reason why it's more valid to estimate Stadia support using Destiny 2 on Stadia than consoles. If you're playing Stadia, it's statistically more likely that you're using it to play Destiny 2 than if you were playing a normal console.

Maybe if I use exactly your own words it will be clear. That post from GenePark on twitter did color the public's perception of the product. Good? OK, this was not was I was trying to correct, I shared the full story so everyone could see what really happened. Don't know how many times I need to say the same thing.

Cool. Now you just need to tell every single individual that "well, actually, that one specific instance of Stadia not performing was due to the end user's network configuration, a thing they weren't aware would even be a problem", and then those people will go "cool, I've seen other videos/complaints of it not working properly, I don't want to bother in case I run into those problems, too", and then, seven hundred posts later, Stadia is saved!

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Hostility and platform warring over multiple posts; prior history of infractions
Are you unfamiliar with how Engish language works by any chance?
The argument about the popularity of Stadia has been the crucial point of my argument from go
here read it again

It's about the popularity of Stadia, NOTHING ELSE.

You're the one going on useless tangents while not addressing people's point for over 10 pages now.
What do you think I am arguing exactly?

I have already said repeatedly what I was talking about when I quoted your post. Look deep inside when asking who is not understanding something here.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
You're misinterpreting what I said. It wasn't a value judgment about Stadia's lack of support, it was a reason why it's more valid to estimate Stadia support using Destiny 2 on Stadia than consoles. If you're playing Stadia, it's statistically more likely that you're using it to play Destiny 2 than if you were playing a normal console.

Cool. Now you just need to tell every single individual that "well, actually, that one specific instance of Stadia not performing was due to the end user's network configuration, a thing they weren't aware would even be a problem", and then those people will go "cool, I've seen other videos/complaints of it not working properly, I don't want to bother in case I run into those problems, too", and then, seven hundred posts later, Stadia is saved!
Lol. First it was a question by itself, not relating to flurry of back and forths from before.

Second, statistically? Lol. Where are these stats.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Destiny 2 at 60 frames is better than any console offering, for what this argument is worth.
I would much rather take a healthy live playerbase that runs at 30fps in a multiplayer Games as a Service title that relies on people playing, over 60fps with a near dead community that takes minutes to find full lobbies.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I have already said repeatedly what I was talking about when I quoted your post. Look deep inside when asking who is not understanding something here.
Considering you never actually addressed any points I made and isn't interested in doing so.
Yeah I guess I expected you to say something relevant to Stadia's strategy because otherwise you have been going pointlessly with anecdotal tangents for a while.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Lol. First it was a question by itself, not relating to flurry of back and forths from before.

Second, statistically? Lol. Where are these stats.

I don't see how "it's more likely that a higher percentage of the total Stadia userbase is playing Destiny 2 than the total PS4 (or whatever) userbase is" is that unthinkable to you.

If a user is playing Stadia, they're playing 1 of 26 games, most of which have already been out for a year or two.
If a user is playing PS4, they're playing 1 of 2439 or whatever games, with new games being released every week.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I would much rather take a healthy live playerbase that runs at 30fps in a multiplayer Games as a Service title that relies on people playing, over 60fps with a near dead community that takes minutes to find full lobbies.
Keep switching the goal posts. I knew this comment was coming, lol.

Alucardx23 So, when the next gen consoles release, with exclusives from first party devs and full third party support, how is Stadia going to compare?

I'm genuinely curious about your answer, because right now Stadia isn't doing well with third party support. Games are either delayed ports, or they have late patches, they run worse, or aren't on par with other console versions (borderlands 3). Additionally there's been nothing from Activision and EA, and they make some of the biggest third party titles (cod, FIFA).

Playerbase for sure. I'm fine playing D2 right now with what the playerbase is. Of course it sucks when I have to wait quite a while to find a match in Gambit or Elimination. However, when I'm squaded up, the wait times are lower - no where next to my X1X mind you. But you know what? I'd take the wait to play at 60 frames every time. Raids at 60 frames, menus that load, instances load faster...its a much better experience handsdown.

But again, kudos to you from switching up from "....aren't on par with other console versions (borderlands 3)." which is more to do about the tech and dev of the games versus the playerbase...lol.

This is so easy.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever easier longer than 2 minutes to queue for anything lately. Even if it was 5 I still gained 10 minutes from login and going to tower to get bounties.

The difference in loading from Stadia to my Ps4 pro to do anything it's staggering.

Not knocking your preference, just the math involved

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017

Sorry bro but you can't control to who, how and how many times I decide to reply to any type of post. Is that frustrating to you in some way? It must be since you decided to reply to it. So good luck with that and stop suffering with other people's post.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Considering you never actually addressed any points I made and isn't interested in doing so.
Yeah I guess I expected you to say something relevant to Stadia's strategy because otherwise you have been going pointlessly with anecdotal tangents for a while.

I wonder how it must feel to be so confused. I quoted your post and explained exactly the reason why I was quoting it. You had a different idea and wasted your and my time trying to discuss something I never said. Did you understand it by the sixth or seventh time I had to tell you I was not talking how stadia was being perceived?

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I don't see how "it's more likely that a higher percentage of the total Stadia userbase is playing Destiny 2 than the total PS4 (or whatever) userbase is" is that unthinkable to you.

If a user is playing Stadia, they're playing 1 of 26 games, most of which have already been out for a year or two.
If a user is playing PS4, they're playing 1 of 2439 or whatever games, with new games being released every week.
Okay, now keep going. You're almost there. What's the other part of the equation? User base right? Please cite each user base when you finish this up.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think I've ever easier longer than 2 minutes to queue for anything lately. Even if it was 5 I still gained 10 minutes from login and going to tower to get bounties.

The difference in loading from Stadia to my Ps4 pro to do anything it's staggering.

Not knocking your preference, just the math involved

I don't see where is the problem with people enjoying different things. It doesn't mean one is objectively better than the other. If someone prefers the 60fps of stadia compared to the 30fps on consoles good for them. If someone prefers the lower latency and bigger player base on consoles, good for them as well.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder how it must feel to be so confused. I quoted your post and explained exactly the reason why I was quoting it. You had a different idea and wasted your and my time trying to discuss something I never said. Did you understand it by the sixth or seventh time I had to tell you I was not talking how stadia was being perceived?
So your point is what exactly?
You haven't shown that Stadia's experience isn't shit and you've wasted a bunch of pages.
Congrats, I guess?
Why the everloving fuck did you even quote my post to make discuss points no one is making?

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
So your point is what exactly?
You haven't shown that Stadia's experience isn't shit and you've wasted a bunch of pages.
Congrats, I guess?
Why the everloving fuck did you even quote my post to make discuss points no one is making?

I'm surprised you still don't get it. You shared the Twitter post and I quoted it to share the complete story on what happened there.

The end.

Roll Credits.....

Oct 28, 2017
Still it's my pkan, first gen games on new consokes are almost always hyped to the stratosphere but garbage. I'm ok with Stadia, ps4 and switch until then

Thanks to Microsoft announcing that their first party titles won't be exclusive to their next gen console for years I plan to just ride my One X into next generation.

Stadia's performance is just too far away from what the hardware could do in other conditions (say running Windows and using Directx) that I don't trust Stadia to actually be a next gen solution for a while.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm surprised you still don't get it. You shared the Twitter post and I quoted it to share the complete story on what happened there.

The end.

Roll Credits.....
But you didn't show the whole story!
If you showed the whole story, you would have shared how reviewers in France were having troubles with the service as well as the general way reviewers interacted with the service.
You showed a partial view to further your point that somehow any issue with Stadia is at the user's end.
At least be honest.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
But you didn't show the whole story!
If you showed the whole story, you would have shared how reviewers in France were having troubles with the service as well as the general way reviewers interacted with the service.
You showed a partial view to further your point that somehow any issue with Stadia is at the user's end.
At least be honest.

Try harder to understand. I was specifically talking about that case and what happened there. I won't get dragged down further into things I haven't said. Last post from my side on this subject. You can continue to say things I have not said at any point. Mamba out.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Okay, now keep going. You're almost there. What's the other part of the equation? User base right? Please cite each user base when you finish this up.

User base is the unknown. I'm not saying that the Destiny 2 player base is a foolproof method for determining the Stadia user base. I'm saying it's more indicative of the Stadia user base than it would be of the PS4 user base.

Given that Google isn't providing numbers, a comparison of a game that exists on both platforms is about all people have to go on.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Try harder to understand. I was specifically talking about that case and what happened there. I won't get dragged down further into things I haven't said. Last post from my side on this subject. You can continue to say things I have not said at any point. Mamba out.
well that wasn't ominous...

User base is the unknown. I'm not saying that the Destiny 2 player base is a foolproof method for determining the Stadia user base. I'm saying it's more indicative of the Stadia user base than it would be of the PS4 user base.

Given that Google isn't providing numbers, a comparison of a game that exists on both platforms is about all people have to go on.
Isn't Destiny 2 free to play on all platforms anyway?
So it's like the game ANYONE on Stadia can launch free of charge, no?
If the game was released at around the same time as it was on all other platforms it would be a good indication of the health of the platform.
destiny 2 isn't exactly a niche game either so it might even serve as a good case study for big publishers on what they can expect out of the platform.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Isn't Destiny 2 free to play on all platforms anyway?
So it's like the game ANYONE on Stadia can launch free of charge, no?
If the game was released at around the same time as it was on all other platforms it would be a good indication of the health of the platform.
destiny 2 isn't exactly a niche game either so it might even serve as a good case study for big publishers on what they can expect out of the platform.

Yeah, I wasn't even getting too far into that, either. It's arguably their current centerpiece game, and the most "sticky" of the current Stadia library, too. The whole thing is designed around getting people to play religiously as a "hobby". If this, plus the increased ease-of-access provided by the Stadia platform is still resulting in a meager player base, that's definitely not a good sign.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, I wasn't even getting too far into that, either. It's arguably their current centerpiece game, and the most "sticky" of the current Stadia library, too. The whole thing is designed around getting people to play religiously as a "hobby". If this, plus the increased ease-of-access provided by the Stadia platform is still resulting in a meager player base, that's definitely not a good sign.
Feels like they kinda messed up with choosing their game to draw people in.
Destiny 2 doesn't have cross saving, so anyone starting on Stadia will do so from scratch.
On a game that is over 2 years old, it's kind of a hard sell but for the most dedicated fans.
On top of that it's free to play everywhere and I think even base ps4 or xbone can play in the same ballpark as far as budget goes without having to deal with Google messing up orders to get the founders edition (the only way to access it so far).
So you end up with people willing to play a game that's 2 years old, free everywhere else too but more readily accessible elsewhere WITH a much larger userbase pretty everywhere but on Switch!
They really should have partnered with Ubisoft to get division 2 or something as the free game.
I know beggars and choosers but it's not like Google is some startup who can't make that happen.

"but it plays better on Stadia!"
yeah but for a game as old as Destiny 2 with entrenched userbase is that even a factor?

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 doesn't have cross saving, so anyone starting on Stadia will do so from scratch.
On a game that is over 2 years old, it's kind of a hard sell but for the most dedicated fans.
On top of that it's free to play everywhere and I think even base ps4 or xbone can play in the same ballpark as far as budget goes without having to deal with Google messing up orders to get the founders edition (the only way to access it so far).
So you end up with people willing to play a game that's 2 years old, free everywhere else too but more readily accessible elsewhere WITH a much larger userbase pretty everywhere but on Switch!
They really should have partnered with Ubisoft to get division 2 or something as the free game.
I know beggars and choosers but it's not like Google is some startup who can't make that happen.

yeah but for a game as old as Destiny 2 with entrenched userbase is that even a factor?
Destiny 2 does have cross save on Stadia though: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Destiny 2 does have cross save on Stadia though: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave
My bad then.
I was wrong.
It's much better this way.
Does it have crossplay as well?
I'm guessing no but again I don't really play Destiny 2.

It's fantastic that they managed to make Destiny 2 cross saves though.
If it's not crossplay, it's pretty telling on customer behavior since it means that even Stadia players prefer to play the game elsewhere or are simply uninterested about Stadia.
Neither explanation looks good.

e: reading onto, it's great that it's there but it's rather cumbersome.
I can imagine players not wanting to deal with this.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My bad then.
I was wrong.

If it's not crossplay, it's pretty telling on customer behavior since it means that even Stadia players prefer to play the game elsewhere or are simply uninterested about Stadia.

Yep, no crossplay on any platform but Destiny 2 has cross-save between PS4, Xbox, PC and Stadia. It's a great feature.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
My bad then.
I was wrong.

Cumbersome is going to the Bungie.net page and signing in with your platform accounts?
That's pretty standard for cross-platform things afaik.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Cumbersome is going to the Bungie.net page and signing in with your platform accounts?
That's pretty standard for cross-platform things afaik.
If you can't do directly on the systems, yeah.
It just got me flashbacks on how to access FFXIV on ps4.
I still can't because of how fucked their setup was with matching emails, psn loggings and what not.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I still can't because of how fucked their setup was with matching emails, psn loggings and what not.
I mean, it's nothing - you visit a webpage and login with 1-3 accounts and you're done.
Did nothing to dissuade or diminish people doing it so they could move to PC or alt. platforms.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
This is done almost entirely the same way:
You have an account (in this case bungie.net) and your login email is used for it. You login through the bungie.net site and use it to link your appropriate system(s) through their respective login portals. Easy
You then go to the cross ave page and turn it on. Easy.

FFXV wasn't much different or difficult, IMO, you just make your account and sign into it through your PS4 or PC. the PS4 version is really just a client like the PC version anyway. The real issue for using it, IMO, is that Steam and PC are treated separately but apparently aren't even compatible (like you can play on one on PC but not the other?!).

To be frank, even as a Stadia supporter, the D2 number are a bit lower than I'd expect. D2 on Stadia is likely going to remain a Pro only game, as that's how it was touted, but there's no telling the schedules of Stadia users when it's not in all markets or that all people have the same setup to be able to even play. Considering Stadia is more or less a paid beta right now for Founders and Premiere users (of which there really isn't much of a differing factor than having my name faster and having the Founders controller), I don't know how much the D2 concurrent player totals actual say about the Stadia userbase numbers. There are regular players on the existing systems that are jumping off occasionally mid-season for various reasons. Hell, most of the players I encounter on Stadia are using cross-save anyway, and it shows.

That being said, when playing solo, I actually love playing on Stadia if only because it means I don't have to boot up the PS4, wait for the game to load, wait for loading between areas and can enjoy 60fps. The visual quality isn't quite as good as playing natively with HDR on my PS4, but it's close enough and latency almost doesn't exist, so it's almost an optimal way for me to play.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
it's still a worst experience overall compared to any of the consoles, You are correct it does run well and loads fast but it's far from the ideal destiny experience.
I'm trying to figure out how it's a worse experience in almost any cases. The only ones I can think of involve certain activities having a lower player pool. I did have to run the Hallowed Lair Memento strike for Bastion solo until people joined about mid-way through, but otherwise I've never had any issues with crucible or strike playlists.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
I don't understand what is so complicated from this. It's not just Stadia talking about lowering the barrier of access to play games. You will hear Microsoft talking the same way about cloud gaming. Cloud gaming is all about lowering the barrier of access to play games. As you mentioned these are people that use their phone to play but they cannot access traditional console games from there. So honestly even if 5% of that group of people start buying consoles games, we are talking about of millions of new sales for games. Why is that a problem somehow? Even on consoles you understand how sales increase when the price goes down from $400 to $300 right? Can you say why is that?

"We know that the first customers for xCloud are going to be people who own an Xbox. It's going to be, 'Oh, I want to play my Xbox when I'm away.' Last month, Catherine [Gluckstein, chief of staff/strategy for Xbox] and I were in Africa. Not a lot of Xboxes in Africa. Not a lot of game consoles. 1.2 billion people on the continent of Africa. Average age is 19 on the continent. They know Fortnite, they know Halo, they know Gears of War. They just don't have a device.

There are gamers there, but the device they have is an Android phone. So today they are kind-of locked out of what an E3 is -- outside of watching -- because of the capability they have.

When I think about the two billion [gamers worldwide], which is a number that has tripled over the last two decades, I really think about how we service the two billion who play today with as much content and services as we can offer, but also go to places like Africa. I was looking at some of the PUBG mobile numbers in India and they're crazy -- they've had 100 million downloads or something. You see these markets where gaming can grow to the next two billion or even more.... There are seven billion people on the planet. For me, I think they should all play video games."

This is definitely true. Streaming is going to be big globally. Even the most recent report about XCloud was talking about how 75% of the time spent using it was from the users in South Korea, as they just use their mobiles for gaming a lot more there. Xcloud works on Android devices and who knows what price they'll charge for subscriptions in India or Africa. Stadia though cannot really reach those people yet. They currently only support Pixel phones, which are not big sellers outside the US. And they only support Stadia in a few developed countries at the moment, with a pricing structure (subscription + game cost) which is not really cheap enough for a lot of those 2 billion gamers. I hope that Stadia eventually gets to a place where they are competitive for them, but they aren't even available yet.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol some sus ass posters in this thread

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out how it's a worse experience in almost any cases. The only ones I can think of involve certain activities having a lower player pool. I did have to run the Hallowed Lair Memento strike for Bastion solo until people joined about mid-way through, but otherwise I've never had any issues with crucible or strike playlists.
I've barely been able to play any crucible, gambit or play any strikes with people especially crucible and gambit very rarely if at all find a group on stadia, Strikes I will occasionally get someone else in, the only time i ever see other people are at the tower.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017

I dont mean to single you out, so I am sorry about that but, this is the exact problem with a lot of stuff in gaming (and really everywhere).

You have gone and attacked something you dont even know how it works. I know you have since apologized for not knowing, but it still happened in the first place.

Destiny 2 on Stadia has cross saves with everything else, and it is VERY easy to set up.
Destiny 2 on Stadia isnt the Free to play version, it has ALL of the DLC, and current season pass, so its not stuff you just get for free.
Destiny 2 on Stadia runs at twice the frames than it does on console, this make a big difference.

Stadia has been a shit show so far, I have one, I use it off and on, the tech is great, but everything around it is pretty bad so far. But coming in and complaining about stuff you dont even know about is really what I find wrong with a lot of the internet right now.

So again, I am sorry for singling you out, you arent the only one doing it. And again I see you have apologized for making mistakes, thats great, I applaud you for that.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019

it's still a worst experience overall compared to any of the consoles, You are correct it does run well and loads fast but it's far from the ideal destiny experience.
Huh? What? Completely and utterly disagree with you. Other than user base and that it takes a little longer to find a gambit match or survival, it's better in every single respect. No loss of frames or dips when doing is raid is absolutely delightful.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
If the game you want to play is available on Stadia, and you have the Internet connection for it, there is no reason to buy it on a console. You click a button and it's yours. It loads up instantly on your phone or TV or PC. You can play it anywhere you want -- it's quite literally magical. There's no patching or installing or anything. The experience fundamentally blows the traditional console out of the water. Even streaming to my Shield from my gaming PC is a cumbersome joke compared to Stadia.

It's like the first time I used an iPhone coming from a Blackberry. You just know, "OK this is how it's going to be for all gaming in a few years."

The question of course is the content, but the most popular games are all third-party. Sony's exclusives always sell a few million, but rarely break the top-10 list. Get Call of Duty, Madden, Fortnite and whatnot on Stadia and the average gamer is set.
There will always be reasons to buy physical hardware and games, not the other way around as you frame it.

Don't listen to any of the naysayers here. Speak your truth. Keep going. Go deeper. Dig, man, dig!
I live for other people dieing on hills

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? What? Completely and utterly disagree with you. Other than user base and that it takes a little longer to find a gambit match or survival, it's better in every single respect. No loss of frames or dips when doing is raid is absolutely delightful.
It is a worst experience, I'd much rather play on anything but stadia let alone the community around it is nonexistant. Destiny 2 on stadia is only good for solo play.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
The only services Google didn't kill are the ones that they can get user data in order to profit, or at least tailor them in order to get more ad revenue, such as searches, GMail and etc.

I can see a future where, at some point, people will learn that Google will be amassing personal profiles based on what you do in games: to you crack under pressure? Do you play well with others? and so on, selling those not only to advertisers, but also to people who would be interested on that data about you.

Not to mention the awesome future where free Stadia users will have to endure ads.

But hey, at least you can avoid buying specific hardware in order to play games in a okayish quality (provided that you got top notch Internet connection)!

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
Yes it's a huge question mark; the fact that I forgot the service existed until I was allowed into the beta is a sign.

Though an even bigger question mark is how does Valve factor into all this? What is their relationship with NVidia and can they pull Steam off of Geforce Now whenever they want? Could they let Stadia tie-in to Steam if they wanted? Will they launch their own streaming service, and if so, what does that mean for Geforce Now's Steam compatibility?

At ~$30/ month I start doing some value math, but that's still about 4 years of subscription before it catches up to the cost of a decent gaming PC.

It seems like the real competition right now is which service can provide the best games, but from the consumer's standpoint, it would be best if as many games as possibly were available on all services, at which point they are forced to compete purely on the quality of their stream, device compatbility, and UI.
Nvidia's biggest problem is figuring out how to monetize this. Since they aren't Steam they don't get a cut of your library. It almost seems like they should partner with Steam.....$30 a month is super steep, and is not a price I personally would be willing to pay to stream my own games that I also purchased....

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Don't get me wrong, if there a something I repeat over and over is gradual change. Nothing will happen relatively fast with cloud gaming and I expect for console and PC gaming to be the more popular way to play games by the end of this next generation of consoles. But progress will continue and by then I'm sure we will be surprised by games that are only possible on the cloud. Starting this year we will also start to get more relevant data on the growth of cloud gaming services. Please remember how I said 1% of the smartphone gamer population. Don't misrepresent what I'm saying. I don't expect any grandmas moving from candy crush to Sekiro, but how about RPG and action smartphone game players? Like I said most of these games might be free, but a lot of people invest a lot of money on these games. I'm really not saying anything crazy here, I already shared that Phil Spencer from Microsoft basically says the same thing about reaching more gamers with cloud gaming services.
I'm still waiting for improvements on data capping from Comcast (which is my only ISP option). I remember you mentioning in the past that data caps are only going to get better, but from what I see the only thing going up are the internet plan prices. My 2 year contract is about to expire this April and the only available internet plans now, even for new customers, are more pricey than before lol.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I've barely been able to play any crucible, gambit or play any strikes with people especially crucible and gambit very rarely if at all find a group on stadia, Strikes I will occasionally get someone else in, the only time i ever see other people are at the tower.
I don't get this, maybe different per data center? I play almost daily and never an issue with wait times. Public events seem to be hit or miss, but they were for me on the ps4 also

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
The only services Google didn't kill are the ones that they can get user data in order to profit, or at least tailor them in order to get more ad revenue, such as searches, GMail and etc.

This guy gets it. Google is first and foremost an advertising company. The only way Stadia will exist in the future is if it can figure into that strategy somehow.

I personally suspect that's kind of how they pitched it internally too. "Here's this segment we could use more data on, here's how we can build on top of our infrastructure to get it."

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This guy gets it. Google is first and foremost an advertising company. The only way Stadia will exist in the future is if it can figure into that strategy somehow.

I personally suspect that's kind of how they pitched it internally too. "Here's this segment we could use more data on, here's how we can build on top of our infrastructure to get it."
Stadia is part of the Google Cloud Platform product; which has an extensive privacy agreement.. it's a pay product where your data isn't used at all.

Now maybe Stadia will have some data collection, but that data isn't worth much at all.. it's silly to assume that's the point of Stadia. They are selling games for $50 dollars and charging $9.99 a month and it's incredibly expensive to run.

Knowing what games people are playing and for how long is worth pennies.. not gonna pay for 10+TF GPU's running hours a day per user lol