• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
They way I understand it is

PRO - Subscription. You DONT buy games but you are limited to whats on the platform (think PS PLus where if your sub lapses you no longer have access) Or like Xbox Gamepass

Base - You buy games Ala Cart. Same restriction but no Sub... so the service is free but your game purchase license seems locked to Stadia?

What we need is CROSS BUY partnerships with Steam/Epic/EA/Ubisoft

Thats the last piece of the puzzle

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
pricing and device options are way better than that rumor at least. they dint show 1 first party game lol, marketing to the hardcore with old shit generally doesnt work google.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Thanks for selling me on a copy of Baldurs Gate 3 for PC on Steam!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very strange to open preorders on a device/service without announcing when it launches

STech

Sep 24, 2018
It isn't expensive but at the same time doesn't look very interesting.

I'll keep an eye on it because is from Google...

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The montage stated there was no box necessary, so than what is Chromecast Ultra in the Founder's Edition.

He also said Stadia Base means you can play your games whenever you want...does that mean you can download them to play offline?

Holy shit I've never seen a presentation like this raise more questions than it answered. Even the Wii U had more clear messaging.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
No interest in this. That video alone was just so inherently "corporate". The idea of paying monthly and still having to buy games just to play in a compressed stream with an input delay doesn't sound appealing at all. Would rather spend that money on a digital download even if it means I won't be able to play while away from home.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So is Destiny the only game included with the price/sub at first? I wasn't able to watch the entire thing.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Very attractive impulse buy price. I wonder how many will adopt this though

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
And I still couldn't care less about Stadia. They're trying to appeal to hardcore gamers, but they're using games that hardcore gamers a) already own or b) would just buy on console/PC instead. The fact you have to buy titles (if you're not on a subscription - I wasn't expecting the service to be free, but still) further discourages me from really considering it.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I don't know man, I'm not convinced or anything. No games from their own studios at all, and why not have a live demo of a game running in 4K/60fps? All these promises are nice, but show them!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I got while trying to watch the stream was this error codes every 3 minutes.

It's a No from me. But I do hope others had and will have a better experience than I did.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
It's a launch list. For a streaming platform. Gradual rollout is expected.

What a terrible tone to take.

He's got a point though. Whenever someone talks about a new thing that would shake gaming, normally something that involves an internet connection, we ge shafted a lot.

I am so excited to try out Stadia, but of course I'm not surprised we got shafted again. We probably won't get it until beyond 2020 at this point (and we're normally the last to get services on these things).

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
What we need is CROSS BUY partnerships with Steam/Epic/EA/Ubisoft

Thats the last piece of the puzzle

Ah, yes. Let me miss out on my cut of the license pie/storefront fee and just let people use our hardware and bandwidth. That'll surely bring in the big bucks!

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stuff about Destiny sounded really cool but man, I am so sick of hearing Eris Morn's voice. Wish they'd get rid of that character all together.

Captain_Raoul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh..looks oke, but with consoles that already can stream over thr world. Why would i want this if my Pro and PS5 can stream from the console itself already.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm dissapointed in the presentation, i know it will be good after a while and maybe they need to learn how to marketing this at E3

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a beta or tryout for this before it releases? I don't really feel comfortable wasting money on it if I have no idea what my experience with it will be like.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
lol at "pending Sony approval". Hilarious.

So, games already released. Are they all in the Stadia Pro? Not even a release date.

I mean, it's not even available in my country so who cares.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like that if you buy a game without pro you get the lower quality

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Hmm... so it seems on launch day the only game that's included with Stadia Pro is Destiny 2. I had assumed there would be a whole selection of games similar to Xbox Gamepass... this is really bizarre.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
That sure was a nice price.

Edit:

QHR4g8d.png

Wait, so that subscription just gives you access to 4k, surround sound and Destiny 2 at launch? What a joke.

Last edited:

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The founder price is actually very appealing to me. I get to try it out for three months with a collection of games, get chromecast ultra, and a nifty new controller for $130. I might bite if impressions are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.