• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
My prediction for pricing... 2 options

1) a subscription that is similar to "games with gold", "PS+", "humble monthly", etc. You get a new game or two that you have access to as long as you stay subscribed

2) you can buy the games and they are forever tied to your account. As long as the servers are available you can play them.

Both of these will be available.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Why isn't this on the front page? I would think yall were looking forward to tomorrow morning. 🤷🏾‍♂️

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So it's supposed to be an hour long I guess since the Destiny 2 stream starts an hour later and it's going to be announced for Stadia. I doubt they want to stream during the conference with that announcement.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a console anymore, but I do have a pixel 3, let's do this, hoping that they got big games, but crazy that we're going to Google exclusive games before we even got those Amazon made games

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Give me the right pricing, a free trial and the promise of 60 FPS games. If the input lag is minimal I'll probably stick with the service.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
di6peds.gif
+1

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
So......are we smelling any third party exclusive deals with this launch,I imagine they need something like that to get people to give it a try.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last I heard it's going to be setup similar to Amazon Prime. You subscribe and have access to a lot of content but newer AAA games you still have to buy a license for. Whether this is a deal breaker or not entirely depends on the cost IMO.
If it's a sub based system I'm for sure gonna at least give it a go but I'm indifferent as fuck about it.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
If they are first by 6+ months, they don't need exclusives, they just need it to work well.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
My prediction for pricing... 2 options

1) a subscription that is similar to "games with gold", "PS+", "humble monthly", etc. You get a new game or two that you have access to as long as you stay subscribed

2) you can buy the games and they are forever tied to your account. As long as the servers are available you can play them.

Both of these will be available.

I feel something like this but then I don't feel the option to buy games will be there.

Reckon be tired sub (free, standard, premium) sort of thing standard would be like PS+/ gold a few games a month added to the account while subbed, premium would be all games and DLC (like EA Access ultimate) and the free tier would be 1 or 2 games that are promoted to get people to try and use the service that change every few months and has ads.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
As a physical games conservative, I'm strangely excited about this. I can live with one more subscription and only buy my favourite ones.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
On the one hand, I hope to see the rumored Baldur's Gate 3 today. On the other hand, since we are unclear on their stance on (timed) third-party exclusives, maybe I should not ask for that :p

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Will we see the first streaming exclusive games today? (So games with a contract that they can't go to PS Now or xCloud..) I think so.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of exclusives, there isn't really anything to talk about other than vapid speculation at this point. I'm sure a lot of people will watch the presentation, if not out of morbid curiosity.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
There is just so little to go to build any excitement. If they drop some bombshells today interest will explode (both positive and negative).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Was going to say the same thing.

Surprising how ERA has been quiet about this, especially because I suppose there will be plenty of new game announcements.

The first Stadia reveal was incredibly lack luster. If they really bring it with this second showing they'll be the talk of the town.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I've already got all the consoles (don't have a pc though) and have no interest in playing games on the go outside of my switch so what can they offer to people like me? I shouldn't hope for exclusives but if they have a sub model with interesting content (partnership with Sega to have megadrive, Saturn and dc content for example or access to steam titles) then they will get me interested. If it was just games I can already play on one of my current gen machines than I'm not sure what the incentive is?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: Striking Vipers exclusive to Stadia. PS5 and Xbox Whatever cancelled.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I believe Jade said that they would have studios and exclusives of their own, right? But that sounds like they aren't finalized yet, my guess is we won't see any of their own games then. But I want to be wrong, definitely curious about all this.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the pricing is right then they can definitely flourish on just third party games, especially if they secure the big ones to come to Stadia day 1 like the other platforms.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
The first Stadia reveal was incredibly lack luster. If they really bring it with this second showing they'll be the talk of the town.
Not surprising when there isn't much to discuss, we have little in the form of details at present.

It makes sense yes. Still, there have been talks forever about what would happen if another big player entered the console/pc race. Now that it's finally happening, I had the impression there would be more interest surrounding it.

Maybe if was another more traditional console it would be a different story.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It makes sense yes. Still, there have been talks forever about what would happen if another big player entered the console/pc race. Now that it's finally happening, I had the impression there would be more interest surrounding it.

Maybe if was another more traditional console it would be a different story.

I think that's part of it. If this were a box it'd feel more like a real competitor in the scene. Also, I believe if Googles own game studio really proves they have what it takes, they'll turn a lot of heads. Google isn't a game dev studio people get excited about. Jade Raymond leading their Stadia Games Division could lead to some exclusives worth getting excited over, but we'll see!

Hell, maybe we'll see something crazy in a couple hours akin to Microsoft buying Rare to get everyone rilled up for a new contender!

but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you use the chrome browser on the chromecast without streaming it from your phone?
Any streaming is natively done on the chromecast itself, you don't actually stream anything from a phone or tablet to it. I don't know how they're going to do it but I guess you still need an additional device to start a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.