• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
latest

Stadia conference in a nutshell

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Orcs Must Die 3 as an exclusive means I finally have a reason to buy something on Stadia.

Ya got me Google!

I'd always wanted to play OMD on my phone.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Between MK and SamSho they really aren't running from games that need low latency

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I would totally be more into stadia if the games were cross buy. I buy cyberpunk 2077 on stadia, I also get the PC/ps4/xb1 versions. Maybe pay an extra $10. Cross saves would be the beautiful cherry on the cake.

Then I'd play probably 80% of the time on my PC or consoles, but when I want to I could play on stadia.

But paying full MSRP for a game on stadia that is completely walled off from everything else? yeah... no.

Even Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, which is their big pro launch title, is great because its cross buy (as long as you rebuy on other platforms the DLC) and cross save, but the playerbase is still walled off from everyone else. If you play on stadia you are only gonna play with fellow stadia users, which is gonna be a nightmare for stuff like raids.

It just all makes me more interested to see what Microsoft is gonna do with xCloud, because at least there I know there is a good chance a bunch of games will work on PC, xbox, and xCloud all with one buy (even better if its all gamepass)

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I'm sure fighting game fans will love playing on a streaming service with all that delay input response.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Between MK and SamSho they really aren't running from games that need low latency

They're either very confident in having it be low latency, or think consumers won't care about the added latency and having the worst version of the game on their platform.

Very curious to see which it ends up being.