• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they need to clear up that messaging. You don't need to buy a console eventually, you do need to make a purchase in 2019, so they should leave off the "no purchase needed" bullet point until 2020 when it's actually true.

Yeah, same as last time. It's been a bit better over the last few minutes for me (although last time people's experiences with the stream were wildly different).
Its funny that I'm not a PR person and Google (with all their money) still manages to confuse thier target audience.

Also: That Kine music sounds like a rip off

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this works well because if I can play cyberpunk at 4k 60 without having to upgrade my PC, I'll be so down.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who thought the music was ripped off from La La Land...

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Orcs Must Die 3 is not an EGS Exclusive, but an Stadia exclusive... dunno what's worse

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
lol everyone was complaining about xbox having too many people on stage, well it was certainly better than this

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
"Stadia Exclusive"

l-40729-wack.jpg

Plum

May 31, 2018
Oh, Orcs Must Die 3 is not an EGS Exclusive, but an Stadia exclusive... dunno what's better

The EGS is awful but at least you're only restricted by what hardware you have. With Stadia exclusives you're fucked if you live somewhere that doesn't have good enough internet, or if you're not totally excluded there's a fair chance you'll get a less-than-stellar experience.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty standard presentation format. Nintendo has been doing it for years with directs. Although they do some funny stuff at times.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
"Stadia Exclusive" better not mean what I think it means
There was no way Google were going to be able to enter the market without exclusives, in the console market sense of "can't buy this anywhere else".

They'll probably end up mostly being time-limited exclusives, but you can expect some games to be unplayable outside of Stadia.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I can also verify this is streaming just fine.

Probably an issue on the user end.

Which frankly, is also a troubling thing for Stadia.
I don't have connection problems. The Xbox Stream on Mixer was far better quality wise. The quality of the Stadia Stream sucks in comparison.

The previous Stadia Connect streams were also bad.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How? This is exactly the same as a PS4/Xbox One exclusive, it's a different platform not a different marketplace.
Except that it could disappear forever if the stadia servers go down, with no way for fans to preserve either, and you need a solid internet connection to play it, among other issues

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
As ever this stream being so laggy compared to all other livestreams from other gaming companies is absolutely confounding.

Also feels like this Direct could go full Devolver at any time its so boilerplate.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Honestly thats what I was expecting, Stadia exclusives, they need to sell this somehow, i really hope no one gets offended by exclusivity as much as you get offended by console exclusives.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a fan of streaming platforms but I'm a bit interested in Stadia if I can play on browsers or youtube.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles