• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
It's a silly little game from Double Fine. The humor is there, sometimes confusing requi9(but with hints!) and great style.

But messing around with it when I have a little time during kiddo naps.

The story of there to support the unique gameplay gimmick.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was about the gaming play mechanic of applying multiple status affects on foes

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this thread was about cup stacking

vg5J55.gif

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thought this was about last in first out.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was never a big fan of this. I think I played it on the 360 at some point... Tbh post psychonauts I wasn't a big fan of any of their output really. They all just missed the mark for me. They weren't awful or anything. Just...mediocre. or not what I was expecting (fuck brutal legend)

I'm glad they've finally making a psychonauts sequel though. But once that's out I think I'll likely go back to not caring much until psychonauts 3. Lol

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I remember really liking it too, really great and unique idea for a video game. Double Fine did some pretty neat things back then with their small games.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm the only one who was able to recognize the game you were describing.

In any case, it's one of the few Double Fine games I haven't experienced yet and was glad that i'll now be able to after it was added to Gold.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely loved this game. Tbh, I dont remember details about a lot of games that I play. But this game has always stuck with me. Agreed, very charming.

In contrast to the post above, it is the only double fine game I have played I think

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
I never got around to playing it more than 10-20 minutes, but even from that limited time it was apparent that the game oozed charm.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I guess I'm the only one who entered this thread expecting the right thing by the sounds of most of the replies haha. I thought it was fun for like an hour, but I wasn't too enthralled by the end.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It's Hitman, for kids!
I was literally about to post the same thing, haha.

Probably my favorite of Double Fine's smaller games post Brutal Legend.

My only complaint was that on Xbox 360, the game didn't run great, and with the stop-motion animation and the heavy vignetting on the edges of the screen it would give me a bit of a headache after a while.

Thankfully the PC version performed better and I think it had options to turn off the vignetting.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Got it when it was on PS Plus years ago. Such a fun little game and I remember it fondly to this day. Lots of little things to do in the small open worlds and such a great art style.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Love that game. I even bought the matryoshka dolls and still have them in my living room:

Oct 29, 2017
Loved this game and Costume Quest 1/2 also. Really great era for Double Fine games. My family even played the heck out of Happy Action Theater/Kinect Party.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Greatly enjoyed it back when I played it. Super charming little puzzle game and one of DoubleFine's best.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
The lasl good Double Fine game. It was charming, no doubt about it.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's the game that made me sub to PS+ because it was free day one if I remember right.
I liked it but never got around to finishing it.

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, loved it when it came out, double-dipped on Steam a while ago and keep meaning to play it again.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I remember this game and should play it again. This and ilomilo were two of my favorite underrated Xbox Live Arcade Games. Basically I love all of Double Fine. So good they are making back catalogue games available on Xbox, too. Just played Days of the Tentacle yesterday even if it's from the Lucas Arts days. Still hoping for The Cave. Can't wait for Psychonauts 2.