• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
3c8zpVH.gif

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Listen. My Fat PS3 fell off my dresser right on the power button side and while it was slightly separated. The damn thing worked for 5 years till it's just YLOD on me finally.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it was a Pro it would have put out the fire. This is why you don't cheap out, people.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
My brother's 32" CRT fell onto his SNES!!
Cartridge shattered, but the SNES was unharmed!

He gathered the cartridge pieces and taped it together, and Killer Instinct was fine!

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Meanwhile, my PS4 couldn't survive a momentary power outage.

"Oh God, the power was cut off for 15 seconds, GUESS I'LL NEVER WORK AGAIN!"

😔

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
What they're not telling you is that it was the PS4 that started the fire because he tried to play God of War on it.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Back in 2004 my house burned down as well, and all the consoles still worked despite their charred and warped plastic shells (PS1, N64, GameCube, SNES)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Shit, when did the PS4 start using Nintendium?
Some of it probably was accidentally spilled on Sony's machines at the production line.

Meanwhile, my PS4 couldn't survive a momentary power outage.

"Oh God, the power was cut off for 15 seconds, GUESS I'LL NEVER WORK AGAIN!"

😔
I'm actually very scared about that right now. In the 3 weeks of lockdown in my country, we've had 4 random blackout in my area so far, in fact one was yesterday night. My Pro is virtually always on suspend, I only turn it off completely when necessary. If one of these days another random blackout happens and my Pro dies I'll really be sad. Maybe I'll just turn it off completely for the time being.

Oct 26, 2017
There is something funny about that error in the context that the Playstation is telling you to please not have a house fire again.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
There is something funny about that error in the context that the Playstation is telling you to please not have a house fire again.

What actually is stupid is that PS4 will give that error message if you power it down from rest mode. For whatever reason it's designed so that you should first start up the system from rest mode and only then power it down completely. And for me at least that just doesn't make any sense.