• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So do these people think that Chinese people just excrete the virus just because they're Chinese.

What a bunch of idiots.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
A Syrian family that lived in rural NC where I grew up had their father newly beat to death after September 11th. The crazy racists always come out during times like this. People that know better, but perpetuate it anyway (like Trump and Tom Cotton) have blood on their hands.

Oct 26, 2017
According to one New York City medical social worker, racism is also rampant in the health-care system as Asian-American doctors and nurses struggle to care for patients who don't want to be touched.

Bruh if I'm an asian doctor and you tell me you don't wanna be treated by an asian person can I literally just walk away? That's what I'd do...say no more fam...good luck.

Also consider medical professionals not administering proper care because of ignorance, unconscious bias, and/or racism.

www.aamc.org

How we fail black patients in pain

An expert looks at how false notions and hidden biases fuel inadequate treatment of minorities’ pain.

There was also a story about a Doctor whose boss said no face masks in the hallway claiming the doctor was more likely to get the Wuhan Virus at Walmart than the halls of the hospital. Medical Professional calling it the Wuhan Virus.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Trump forever, his shitty attempts of deflecting blame and avoiding responsibility is getting people killed, but I also think the US media has a lot to answer for how they cover Asia and Asians in general.

H3llR8iser

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So do these people think that Chinese people just excrete the virus just because they're Chinese.

What a bunch of idiots.

Yes, here in NYC there are idiots who refuse to sit next to Chinese [Asians] in subway train, spray lysol on them and attack Asians for wearing mask because we're "contaminated"...

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Before the virus, there were lots of negative threads about China that allowed some folks plausible deniability. It was transparent to me though.
Yeah, it's really not hard to spot it. People will say things like, no, they're criticizing the Chinese government and not people but will also say things like eating animals that the western palette doesn't is disgusting or barbaric. Governments don't eat.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is why people wanted the orange moron to stop using chinese corona virus because of stupid morons like this one that attempted to kill an entire fucking family! throw that piece of shit under the jail.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

What a bunch of idiots.
Given the nature of the attack, I'd guess this person probably has an undiagnosed/untreated mental disorder. This is one the dangers of Trump, Fox News, and alt right news providing conspiracy and racist type narratives.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
According to one New York City medical social worker, racism is also rampant in the health-care system as Asian-American doctors and nurses struggle to care for patients who don't want to be touched.

Bruh if I'm an asian doctor and you tell me you don't wanna be treated by an asian person can I literally just walk away? That's what I'd do...say no more fam...good luck.
A good friend wound up quitting his pursuit of a medical career because he ran into this in med school, many many years ago. Trying to help people with medical issues and getting racial slurs and taunts yelled at him for his efforts.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Given the nature of the attack, I'd guess this person probably has an undiagnosed/untreated mental disorder. This is one the dangers of Trump, Fox News, and alt right news providing conspiracy and racist type narratives.

Yikes, wouldn't want someone like that running around freely.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is one the dangers of Trump, Fox News, and alt right news providing conspiracy and racist type narratives.
I think it's more than the right wing media, it's all US media.
And sure, publications like the NYT are not as blatant with this shit as fox news, but they all ran stories about bat eating dirty Asians for months, and they all put pictures of scary Asians with masks in pretty much every coronavirus sotry.

Lines in US airports?
Let's look for some Asians with masks

mRtuGqG.jpg

Trump is trying to avoid responsibility by blaming China?
Let's get a stock photo of Chinese people with masks in Shanghai.

jUsPT9O.png

Someone came back from Iran with the virus?
Let's send our photographer to Chinatown to snap some picture of Asian people with masks.

lJtp9As.png

Idiots in Kentucky are doing a coronavirus party?
Can I interest you in a picture from Indonesia?
It got Asian people with masks.
EtMGNaA.png

But why do people associate Asian people with this virus?
I guess we'll never know, it's a mystery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Divvy

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
And sure, publications like the NYT is not as blatant with this shit as fox news, but they all ran stories about bat eating dirty Asians for months, and they all put pictures of scary Asians with masks in pretty much every coronavirus sotry.

Lines in US airports?

mRtuGqG.jpg

jUsPT9O.png

Let's send our photographer to Chinatown to snap some picture of Asian people with masks.

lJtp9As.png

EtMGNaA.png

Thank you

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please do tell us about other world leaders who are inciting hatred against asian people by calling this virus the "chinese virus" and claiming China is responsible for it. Waiting for your answer, I'm sure you must have a long list of other world leaders behaving like Trump.
Just because other world leaders aren't behaving like him doesn't mean racism against Chinese people is a US centric thing or that Trump is responsible for this assholes actions or his racism against Chinese (or just Asian) people. People can be racist without Trump being involved. Racism won't go away once Trump is gone.
So we excuse his behavior because....everyone else is doing it?
No we aren't? This isn't a thread about Trump being the racist pos he just is. My point is that his behaviour isn't necessarily the main cause of the actions of the man this thread is about. And I find the need of people to always make it about him a bit misguided. Like, is there a possibility he's the main cause for this crime happening? Maybe. But when someone prompts me to prove that's not the case, acting like it most definetly is, I'm out.

Last edited:

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
And sure, publications like the NYT is not as blatant with this shit as fox news, but they all ran stories about bat eating dirty Asians for months, and they all put pictures of scary Asians with masks in pretty much every coronavirus sotry.

Lines in US airports?

mRtuGqG.jpg

jUsPT9O.png

lJtp9As.png

EtMGNaA.png

Preach. But Era will continue going "I don't know how this came to be."

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is why we push back against pinning all the blame on China, but apparently we're just stanning for the CCP, not fearing for our lives 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Lines in US airports?

mRtuGqG.jpg

jUsPT9O.png

lJtp9As.png

EtMGNaA.png

It is a mystery indeed.

Yeah, this is why we push back against pinning all the blame on China, but apparently we're just stanning for the CCP, not fearing for our lives 🤷🏻‍♂️

^

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

welp, gotta respect patient autonomy and all that

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not going to repeat what he said but wtf at CeramicDragon's ban post.

Like do you not get the part where he acted based on irrational feelings about their race?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
After 9/11, many Sikhs were targeted for threats and violence. Americans are that stupid.

I don't blame anyone that will take measures to protect themselves and their families.

Oct 26, 2017
And sure, publications like the NYT are not as blatant with this shit as fox news, but they all ran stories about bat eating dirty Asians for months, and they all put pictures of scary Asians with masks in pretty much every coronavirus sotry.

Lines in US airports?

mRtuGqG.jpg

jUsPT9O.png

lJtp9As.png

EtMGNaA.png

The Kentucky one made me laugh when I saw it days ago.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Please tell me the 2 yr old and the older kid are ok. My kids are the same age. This is infuriating and heart breaking.