• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Damn starts slow, but gets super dark super quick

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Gridman is pure fun that OP still gets to me. Glad this series made it to its own thread well deserved. After it's done I have an urge to track down the OG live action series the clips on YT look wild.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I am kinda considering to checking this out cause I keep seeing Rikka Takarada mention around [strike] as waifu[/strike].

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Holy shit, I just saw this mentioned in Gigguk's roundup video and it was like an injection of pure nostalgia in my brain. I totally had SSSS toys as a kid...the cool wrist gear and transforming axe along with some action figures. I absolutely have to watch this now.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really one of the more interesting antagonists with Akane.

Wonder where this will go

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Well this episode got super anime super quick.
That tends to happen when one of the main purposes of this show is to worship Obari Masami.
YU17auk.jpg

qon

Oct 25, 2017
here comes anti's transformation into

latest

i'm still hoping he becomes dyna dragon

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Agreed top 3 of this season it shines when it goes full obari pose also the "darker" stuff they tease has me hoping it ends End of Evangelion style.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
This has been so good, I'm in love with everything Trigger does so I'm biased though.

RPTGB

Oct 28, 2017
UK
At the moment I would say

1. Run With The Wind
2. SSSS.Gridman

I don't have a 3rd because I am watching YuYu Hakusao for the first time.

Yep, that's my top 2, with Karakuri Circus a close third.
The Bunny girl show is cool but its strenght is in its dialogue, the rest we have seen before.
Certainly some good stuff out there this season though.

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up to episode 8.

Full Power (Thunder) Gridman is revealed! And looking awesome.
bOdzd24.jpg

The story is starting to get into a really weird place and I love it. So they're all in the Matrix or some shit and some characters might even be programs or something.

Now that he's been revealed, certain manufacturers are showing off their Thunder Gridmen as well.

This is the Actibuilder model:
36WfBrSl.jpg

(I think it looks a bit messy and the legs look a little skinny.)

While Good Smile is apparently showing their version off in person at an event today in Japan in about 2 hours (5pm pst), so I'm on the lookout for pictures from that tonight:
sLfFP9Al.jpg

And now my question becomes...Dyna Dragon King Gridman when?
Df6hVjl.png

Also

MBSOMAj.gif

8bhnmPN.gif

p77RI66.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to ask if I should watch.
Now, after seeing all these gifs and hyped comments, I guess my answer is yes.

Oct 25, 2017
Good Smile has now revealed their Full Power Gridman.
Better than the Actibuilder I think but still not perfect. Seems like the best choice available at the moment.
pEE0Z28.jpg

Last edited:

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up to episode 8.

Full Power (Thunder) Gridman is revealed! And looking awesome.
bOdzd24.jpg

The story is starting to get into a really weird place and I love it. So they're all in the Matrix or some shit and some characters might even be programs or something.

Now that he's been revealed, certain manufacturers are showing off their Thunder Gridmen as well.

This is the Actibuilder model:
36WfBrSl.jpg

(I think it looks a bit messy and the legs look a little skinny.)

While Good Smile is apparently showing their version off in person at an event today in Japan in about 2 hours (5pm pst), so I'm on the lookout for pictures from that tonight:
sLfFP9Al.jpg

And now my question becomes...Dyna Dragon King Gridman when?
Df6hVjl.png

Also

MBSOMAj.gif

8bhnmPN.gif

p77RI66.jpg
"You all thought this was a toku in anime form. Fuck you. It's a full-on Super Robot show now."

Last edited:

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, could you mark what episode your spoilers are from? Dub watchers are now a week behind from the subs. Also, I'm midway through episode 7 and I'm pretty sure that Hibiki's head is going to end up in a bag by the time this series is done.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Caught up to Ep 8, and absolutely loving it. It's been a while since a high quality anime show came out that I really liked. This is the kind of shit I've been missing!

Simply fantastic, and they've done a great job of surprising me every episode. Now I can't wait to see where all the introduced mysteries go.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
There's new drama about the show in regards to Obari. Apparently, some people are saying he's pissed off at how close the frame animations are to his old works and the amount of them, claiming that he never knew the references would go this far. Some are saying he's only half-serious.

I don't know how to interpret what he's saying but what I will say is that, if you're going to make an anime where certain animations are pretty much the same frame-by-frame in pretty much every episode, why not just hire the guy?

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
The latest episode reminded me of that one episode of Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 where the crew was trapped in similar situation. Needless to say I also adore that episode.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I heavily enjoyed episode 10. THAT BATTLE

GRIDKNIGHT! His design's great.

Oct 25, 2017
mother.
fuckin.
gridknight.
tMlnSXJ.jpg

PsMikfq.jpg

SSSS Gridknight's design and name are inspired by early concepts/ideas for Gridman Sigma in the original show, which was originally envisioned to be Takeshi as an evil purple copy of Gridman called Khan Knight, later to be redeemed into....Grid Knight!

Last edited:

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Just now catching up through eps 8~10. After kinda being down on the show for an episode or two I'm now really enjoying it. Ep 9 especially.

The combined form is a little too out there for me, but besides that no complaints. Preordered the DX Nendo today, might pick up the girls too.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Episode 10 was starting to veer a bit too much towards Evangelion for my taste but that ending redeemed it.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
That last episode was awesome.

BABY DAN DAN

I think this really has been my favourite Trigger show to date, and I wouldn't mind seeing them do another toku show at some point. Until then, I'll look forward to Promare.