• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is not The Onion.
"SpongeBob SquarePants" fans have been persistent in their quest to have the NFL honor the show's late creator, Stephen Hillenburg, at Super Bowl LIII - and it appears they just might get their wish.

Rodger Bumpass, who voices the character Squidward Tentacles, reportedly confirmed on his Facebook page that he'll be introducing the halftime entertainment.

Maroon 5 and Mercedes-Benz Stadium have both teased a SpongeBob appearance in the wake of an online petition to have "Sweet Victory" - the song featured in the episode "Band Geeks" - performed at the Super Bowl.
Source: https://www.thescore.com/news/1707004
See Maroon 5 desecrate Sweet Victory if old.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
kUA2K5v_d.jpg

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I'll actually watch the Superbowl this year. I already know the Patriots will win so this is good news for me.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
The amount of oldies in here who didn't grow up on Spongebob is painfully obvious.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, that moment is one of the most universal media moments of my generation. This will be great. I look forward to watching it on Youtube the next day.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad I never had any interest in the Half time Superbowl shows. The Paul McCartney half time was great though but that's about it.

I'm also glad I'm working that night because lmao the Patriots are going to go to town.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
They'll listen to this, but they still won't have Weird Al play the halftime show for some reason.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title is misleading, there is still 0 definitive confirmation that Maroon 5 will actually perform the song

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
"Several SpongeBob-related prop bets have also been released, including whether or not Maroon 5 will perform "Sweet Victory" (Yes -220, No +155), if a SpongeBob costume or inflatable will be used (Yes +465, No -638), and if SpongeBob will kneel in protest (Yes +3000, No -20000). "

lulz