• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Eh, Navtra backed up Kagari who said SE aren't going to make us wait a year to see XVI again. That's really all I need, whether XVI shows up tomorrow or not (unlikely IMO) we know information is coming soon.

Also if the rumored collection is actually real it'll soften the blow at least for me hehe
What collection?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Something else to have into account is that the stream is IIRC at a very awkward time for Japan.

You'd think they'd want Japanese fans watch a trailer for XVI. Then again, I guess they might have to comply to see certain extent to E3's overall schedule.

Gift

Feb 21, 2021
4f7b7e663680822602a72b3e0fb19fd3c325a184.gifv
*sigh* It's sad we're not gonna see those blue eyes.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I had no idea that Babylon's fall is Square + Platinum. That's a godtier combination so i'm curious to see more later

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Super sad that Eidos won't be touching Deus Ex again (I have no hope, sorry).. and no XVI too.. Unless we see Forspoken I don't think I'll like the presentation much.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People gonna get hype when they see the CBU3 logo and its just the endwalker trailer again

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap, it's really happening.
I hope they do justice to FFV, at least i can mod VI to not look like hot garbage on pc but there's nothing for V because the game is super underrated.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Btw PracticalBrush12 the person who literally leaked titles of E3 games some of which have now been revealed also said the FF 1-6 collection is happening. They said they will be pixel remasters.

Edit: more relevant stuff they said:

Oh shit! The only and biggest I worry I have is if they're going to be using that mobile style for 5 and 6.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Just give me a Tomb Raider: Anniversary - Remastered on all platforms. O want a Switch version damnit! A TR2: Anniversary game would be great too.

Also the original "PlayStation" games would be nice on all platforms, with a 4K texture pack.

That and FF VI remake using HD-2D. So long as it didn't have extreme DOF effects and kept the original colour pallet.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make a thread at some point specifically about Square Enix Remasters/Remakes/Reimaginings (which I am generally a bigger fan of than most), but I guess I may as well wait until after the conference at this point. The partial list:

Games released in or before 2000 that have some availability on modern platforms (PS4/5, XBox, Switch, Mobile)"
  • Dragon Quest 1 - Remade for SFC, ported all over
  • Dragon Quest 2 - Remade for SFC, ported all over
  • Dragon Quest 3 - Remake #1 for SFC, ported all over, Remake #2 202X
  • Dragon Quest 4 - Remake #1 for PSX, Remake/Ported to DS, Ported to mobile
  • Dragon Quest 5 - Remake #2 for PS2, Remake/Ported to DS
  • Dragon Quest 6 - Remake for DS
  • Dragon Quest 7 - Remake for 3DS
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 1 - Remake
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 2 - Remake
  • Final Fantasy 1 - Remade at least once
  • Final Fantasy 2 - Remade at least once
  • Final Fantasy 3 - Remake for DS, ported to multiple
  • Final Fantasy 4 - Remake for DS, Remake for PSP, DS remake ported to multiple platforms
  • Final Fantasy 5 - Enhanced port to GBA, then ported to Mobile/PC
  • Final Fantasy 6 - Enhanced port to GBA, then ported to Mobile/PC
  • Final Fantasy 7 - Enhanced port on multiple platforms
  • Final Fantasy 8 - Remastered 2020
  • Final Fantasy 9 - Enhanced Port
  • SaGa 1 - Remade for Wonderswan Color, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • SaGa 2 - Remake for DS, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • SaGa 3 - Remake for DS, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • Romancing SaGa 2 - Remastered 2015
  • Romancing SaGa 3 - Remastered 2019
  • SaGa Frontier 1 - Remastered 2021
  • Star Ocean 1 - Remake for PSP, Remastered 2020
  • Mana 1 - Remake 2015, after earlier reimagining in
  • Mana 2 - Remake 2018
  • Mana 3 - Remake 2020
  • Legend of Mana - Remaster 2021 (Redrawn backgrounds, QOL tweaks)
  • Chrono Trigger - Enhanced Port for PSX, DS - "Remastered" for Mobile, which was then "Remastered" for Steam, and eventually dragged out of the ditch to something quite good

So there's a solid core of about 30 old games with updated versions widely available now. DQ and FF are kind of in an elevated status where they get the most consistent attention, and a bunch of the FFs are "due" for a more substantial update. I'm worried about what I call "The Stranded", games that have been remade but have not been spread to modern systems:
  • Star Ocean 2
  • Tactics Ogre PSP
  • SaGa 2 - DS remake
  • SaGa 3 - True SaGa Edition
  • Final Fantasy 4 (2D Remake)
  • Lufia 2 - DS Reimagining not available elsewhere.

Tactics Ogre PSP and Star Ocean 2... must be coming, right? It sounds like old FF is getting some love, and I am all in for that.

(Newer FF and Kingdom Hearts get most of what I'd call updated ports, so the list can easily expand to about 40 core classics out now).

I doubt a new SaGa would premiere at E3.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's not Octopath style. Not sure why people have this expectation for the collection. its just going to be clean versions of the pixel style ( my guess).
That means we will never get ff6 in HD2D, they not going to release 2 different versions

maybe 4-6 are HD2D and 1-3 are just cleaned up

Oct 25, 2017
That means we will never get ff6 in HD2D, they not going to release 2 different versions

maybe 4-6 are HD2D and 1-3 are just cleaned up

Never say never. Final Fantasy is an elevated status among Square Enix classics, and they are totally willing to do a variety of styles. There's quite a few games with multiple remakes (Mana 1, FF4, DQ3).

SE, as a company, understands the value of its greater library in a way no other RPG publisher does.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im more excited by the possibility of a FF7R PC release or a teaser for FF7R pt2 Z (and even Forspoken) than FFXVI unfortunately, I hope this conference can make me more hype for FFXVI.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any word how long the presentation will be?

The thing I've always hated about Square acquiring Western studios like Eidos is that I always have to temper my expectations with these presentations, where I am only interested in new FF and Japanese-developed announcements.

At least with Nintendo Directs they'll usually let you know if they're solely focusing on a specific property like Smash Bros or Pokemon. With Square it's a roll of the dice on what gets covered or not.

So as much as I want this show to focus on FFXVI, Origin, FFVII-R and KH, I have to set myself up for disappointment when they decide to show stuff like Tomb Raider or Avengers instead.

Just please please PLEASE give me the Xenogears Remake/Remaster, that's all I ask.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to make a thread at some point specifically about Square Enix Remasters/Remakes/Reimaginings (which I am generally a bigger fan of than most), but I guess I may as well wait until after the conference at this point. The partial list:

Games released in or before 2000 that have some availability on modern platforms (PS4/5, XBox, Switch, Mobile)"
  • Dragon Quest 1 - Remade for SFC, ported all over
  • Dragon Quest 2 - Remade for SFC, ported all over
  • Dragon Quest 3 - Remake #1 for SFC, ported all over, Remake #2 202X
  • Dragon Quest 4 - Remake #1 for PSX, Remake/Ported to DS, Ported to mobile
  • Dragon Quest 5 - Remake #2 for PS2, Remake/Ported to DS
  • Dragon Quest 6 - Remake for DS
  • Dragon Quest 7 - Remake for 3DS
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 1 - Remake
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 2 - Remake
  • Final Fantasy 1 - Remade at least once
  • Final Fantasy 2 - Remade at least once
  • Final Fantasy 3 - Remake for DS, ported to multiple
  • Final Fantasy 4 - Remake for DS, Remake for PSP, DS remake ported to multiple platforms
  • Final Fantasy 5 - Enhanced port to GBA, then ported to Mobile/PC
  • Final Fantasy 6 - Enhanced port to GBA, then ported to Mobile/PC
  • Final Fantasy 7 - Enhanced port on multiple platforms
  • Final Fantasy 8 - Remastered 2020
  • Final Fantasy 9 - Enhanced Port
  • SaGa 1 - Remade for Wonderswan Color, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • SaGa 2 - Remake for DS, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • SaGa 3 - Remake for DS, Enhanced Rom Dump for Switch
  • Romancing SaGa 2 - Remastered 2015
  • Romancing SaGa 3 - Remastered 2019
  • SaGa Frontier 1 - Remastered 2021
  • Star Ocean 1 - Remake for PSP, Remastered 2020
  • Mana 1 - Remake 2015, after earlier reimagining in
  • Mana 2 - Remake 2018
  • Mana 3 - Remake 2020
  • Legend of Mana - Remaster 2021 (Redrawn backgrounds, QOL tweaks)
  • Chrono Trigger - Enhanced Port for PSX, DS - "Remastered" for Mobile, which was then "Remastered" for Steam, and eventually dragged out of the ditch to something quite good

So there's a solid core of about 30 old games with updated versions widely available now. DQ and FF are kind of in an elevated status where they get the most consistent attention, and a bunch of the FFs are "due" for a more substantial update. I'm worried about what I call "The Stranded", games that have been remade but have not been spread to modern systems:
  • Star Ocean 2
  • Tactics Ogre PSP
  • SaGa 2 - DS remake
  • SaGa 3 - True SaGa Edition
  • Final Fantasy 4 (2D Remake)
  • Lufia 2 - DS Reimagining not available elsewhere.

Tactics Ogre PSP and Star Ocean 2... must be coming, right? It sounds like old FF is getting some love, and I am all in for that.

(Newer FF and Kingdom Hearts get most of what I'd call updated ports, so the list can easily expand to about 40 core classics out now).

I doubt a new SaGa would premiere at E3.

Star Ocean 2 already has a remaster - it's ps4/vita only and stuck in Japan.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Any word how long the presentation will be?

The thing I've always hated about Square acquiring Western studios like Eidos is that I always have to temper my expectations with these presentations, where I am only interested in new FF and Japanese-developed announcements.

At least with Nintendo Directs they'll usually let you know if they're solely focusing on a specific property like Smash Bros or Pokemon. With Square it's a roll of the dice on what gets covered or not.

So as much as I want this show to focus on FFXVI, Origin, FFVII-R and KH, I have to set myself up for disappointment when they decide to show stuff like Tomb Raider or Avengers instead.

Just please please PLEASE give me the Xenogears Remake/Remaster, that's all I ask.

40 min.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
All I really want to see is a Dragon Quest IV - VI compilation of the mobile versions for Switch. But since the Dragon Quest anniversary stream was just a few weeks ago the chances are probably pretty slim. :(

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope the FF collection has at least some nice presentation with new keyart.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Btw PracticalBrush12 the person who literally leaked titles of E3 games some of which have now been revealed also said the FF 1-6 collection is happening. They said they will be pixel remasters.

Edit: more relevant stuff they said:

I don't think he actually knows about the FF 1-6 Collection. He probably just heard what's been going around publicly. Otherwise he'd have given a name to it.

Oct 31, 2017
I would like a release date for Infinity Strash - Dragon Quest: The Adventures of Dai as well, possibly an English dub of the Anime.

Since the game doesn't have the traditional music and art style I hope at least they keep the stellar voice acting.
That would be awesome!! I hope they revamped the gameplay a little tho. It didn't look too hot IMO
I don't feel like they're showing XVI, but at the same time I think it's silly to not do so because people will leave disappointed without it.

I want Chrono Cross with upscaled backgrounds like SaGa Frontier.
God I would LOVEEEE this. Too bad I don't think it'll ever happen. I just have to probably play CC on my PSP to avoid having the game look like an eyesore

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm 80% leaning towards "no XVI" and the reason behind the "mystery" being that they know many fans will tune in on account of it maybe showing up.

If that's the case, it's somewhat annoying that they wouldn't say "no XVI just yet, guys!", but I get it as a strategic move. And at the end of the day, those dissapointed people would stop being so whenever the game shows up later in the year.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
That's still so odd to me... surely it would've sold better than SO1.
Oh good catch! SE is better than most, but there's still a bunch of weird JP only stuff like that. I... don't get it.

SE is weird when it comes to their ports/remakes. Every SO game is available on PS4. Yet only 2 is stuck in Japan. They remastered VP but it's mobile only. Same goes for FF WOTL. Chrono Trigger was also mobile only until they decided to port it to Steam...and nothing else since.