• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
My predictions: GotG, Babylon's Fall, LiS:TC+Remastered, Avengers DLC (including Spider-Man reveal), Neo TWEWY, FF Origin, FFXVI, Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary game teaser, FF Collection (I-V), Triangle Strategy, Dragon Quest Adventure of Dai, Tomb Raider Classic Collection, Yoko Taro new game (not NieR 4)

Raigor

May 14, 2020
My predictions: GotG, Babylon's Fall, LiS:TC+Remastered, Avengers DLC (including Spider-Man reveal), Neo TWEWY, FF Origin, FFXVI, Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary game teaser, FF Collection (I-V), Triangle Strategy, Dragon Quest Adventure of Dai, Tomb Raider Classic Collection, Yoko Taro new game (not NieR 4)

+ Dying Light 2

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like i said in other thread, Sony having three Square games in the next show would be too much, even if they are exclusives

Nov 28, 2017
GOTG rumored not to be GaaS is fantastic. They'll probably look at other monetization opportunities like cosmetics and DLC expansions. Eidos, please don't let Deus Ex die.

Finally, Babylon's Fall.

So, that absolutely means P+ has a busy year ahead and Bayo 3 will be at Nintendo's...

Please...

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Alright, final bets on what I think we'll get tomorrow:
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (duh): story trailer, some glimpses at gameplay and release window, similar to the Avengers' first showcase.
  • Babylon's Fall (duh): gameplay dive and release date.
  • Life is Strange (duh): more story and gameplay, I guess.
  • Outriders: updates and all of that, maybe.
  • Avengers' Wakanda stuff (duh) and maybe a Spider-Man tease.
  • Project Triangle Strategy: trailer with a title reveal, which will be Triangle Strategy, in tradition with Team Asano's awful, yet amazing names. Perhaps a hard release date.
  • NEO: TWEWY: story and gameplay, maybe a push for the anime series.
  • The Quiet Man: HD-2D remake.
  • FF I-VI collection: reveal, a release date and a look similar to the OGs, maybe with the extra content versions like GBA VI got, without the downgrades (music and all of that).
  • FF Origin: teaser trailer with more information/gameplay to come later (SoP, although they won't say so). They might feel cheeky and lead from showing FF I (from the collection) to this one, seeing as it's the same overall setting.
Origin gameplay/alpha reveal, FF XVI and Forspoken at Sony's whenever they decide to hold a SoP.

Will obviously watch, but I'm not very excited, honestly. Like at all 😥

This sounds about right

Oct 30, 2017
Seriously people are believing that SE will release a collection for the first six main Final Fantasy games?

LOL, more likely each game individual.

We would be pushing it WAY TOO HARD if we got each two entries in one collection ( FFI-FFII ) ( FFIII-FFIV) ( FFV-FFVI) would be TOTALLY 100% OK WITH ME.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Alright, final bets on what I think we'll get tomorrow:
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (duh): story trailer, some glimpses at gameplay and release window, similar to the Avengers' first showcase.
  • Babylon's Fall (duh): gameplay dive and release date.
  • Life is Strange (duh): more story and gameplay, I guess.
  • Outriders: updates and all of that, maybe.
  • Avengers' Wakanda stuff (duh) and maybe a Spider-Man tease.
  • Project Triangle Strategy: trailer with a title reveal, which will be Triangle Strategy, in tradition with Team Asano's awful, yet amazing names. Perhaps a hard release date.
  • NEO: TWEWY: story and gameplay, maybe a push for the anime series.
  • The Quiet Man: HD-2D remake.
  • FF I-VI collection: reveal, a release date and a look similar to the OGs, maybe with the extra content versions like GBA VI got, without the downgrades (music and all of that).
  • FF Origin: teaser trailer with more information/gameplay to come later (SoP, although they won't say so). They might feel cheeky and lead from showing FF I (from the collection) to this one, seeing as it's the same overall setting.
Origin gameplay/alpha reveal, FF XVI and Forspoken at Sony's whenever they decide to hold a SoP.

Will obviously watch, but I'm not very excited, honestly. Like at all 😥

For Origin, I imagine they will talk a bit more. The leak said they were going to talk about the "summer alpha test at E3", too, which is why I think it's better they talk more about that here, and let XVI have all the shine at whatever SoP that may happen.

Otherwise, this is pretty reasonable.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
If they show some gameplay for FF16, everything after that would be a bonus for me.

I hope to see some DLC for Outriders. GotG has me interested. Wakanda expansion trailer for Avengers. Play the FFXIV EndWalker trailer just because it's amazing. Should be a decent presentation.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What can we expect from the guardians game?
a linear adventura game in the vein of uncharted etc etc? Or a more open world more like Avengers?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
If they show some gameplay for FF16, everything after that would be a bonus for me.

I hope to see some DLC for Outriders. GotG has me interested. Wakanda expansion trailer for Avengers. Play the FFXIV EndWalker trailer just because it's amazing. Should be a decent presentation.
If they show FFXVI, everything shown at SGF and E3 as a whole before and after would be a bonus for me lol.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Where are those FF Collection rumours coming from? Is it just because of those mobile game name updates and wishful thinking, or is there something solid there?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Where are those FF Collection rumours coming from? Is it just because of those mobile game name updates and wishful thinking, or is there something solid there?
Honestly? My 2 cents following everything as a huge FF fan.

1. Jason Schreier said it would be cool if they exist basically, (no information or speculation, just that it would be cool).. i think.
2. Jason S, Imran Khan and a few other folks made note of the title changes in the mobile game app store for certain old FF games,
3. A few folks have mentioned thinking it would be a cool idea on youtube. Some of which Jeff Grubb appeared to chat with in podcast in the past week or two.
4. Jeff Grubb mentioned that he heard a few separate times of folks "mentioning " these games. They could have been anticipating them, they could have inside info, they could just be wanting them to exist. Not exactly a confirmation here.
5. It just makes logical sense given the recent Dragon Quest 3 remake in HD2D style and how the director or someone one stage casually mentioned "maybe DQ1 and 2 remakes too in this HD2D style.
6. Are we about to go an E3 or SGF without some sort of Final Fantasy information? That would suck. It'd be nice and this is one of the possibilities alongside FFXVI.

If it doesn't happen here though at the square event, it could happen in the nintendo direct.

Square2005

Nov 11, 2017
I'm hoping for Final Fantasy Versus XV, there are rumors Nomura has wanted to do it. Versus XV would basically be Versus XIII before it's dark story was gutted to become XV.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What if the collection includes a FF XVI demake????

I need to see Clive, Square.
I'm hoping for Final Fantasy Versus XV, there are rumors Nomura has wanted to do it. Versus XV would basically be Versus XIII before it's dark story was gutted to become XV.
That ain't happening.

What will likely happen is Verum Rex, as part of the KH universe, getting a game or a series even and heavily taking from his ideas for Versus, as well as some metacommentary.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really just hoping to get the FF collection, and hopefully for the Switch. It'd be so awesome to have almost the full mainline FF series on one system. Heck, I'd take a XIII trilogy as well.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm going to stare at the wall for a while and pretend it's a big Tomb Raider 25th anniversary collection.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Going to refrain from a list, but yeah: FFXVI trailer here, gameplay at Sony. Like with FFVII, really. Makes no sense not to show it at all.

Current SE especially doesn't seem like they would misfire that hugely either, they know why people are watching this.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Fucking hell, I'm actually kinda excited to see the GotG game. I guess the fact that it might not be a GaaS and that cosmic Marvel is so cool has me there.

I hope they go for some deep cuts character-wise, or even important people not yet in the MCU, like Nova.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I am really, really hoping that apparent FF collection a) looks and sounds nice and b) includes the GBA/PSP content for each respective game. Would absolutely be my game (or games?) of the show if that happened.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be weird to see a Guardians trailer, everyone expecting Chris Pratt as Star Lord and it will end up being a lookalike just like the Avengers game lol.

Really excited to see Babylon's Fall tho

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I am really, really hoping that apparent FF collection a) looks and sounds nice and b) includes the GBA/PSP content for each respective game. Would absolutely be my game (or games?) of the show if that happened.

I'll be honest, though: at this point, if the mythical "Wonderswan version" of FF3 doesn't exist in any form that can be pushed to the finish line and released, I'd rather just have a port of FF3-NES that incorporates some of the best "romhack fixes" out there.

Again, if M2 is somehow on this, that'd be the kind of thing I'd dare to hope for.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this isn't a silly question. Has anyone said how long this show is supposed to be?