• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Xavi Be honest: you liked using the term "world premiere" in your E3 thread title just now.
2020_12_10__3_.0.png

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I think Forspoken and maybe origins shows up. I think ff16 will be shown later or with sony

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Some folks seriously believe there will not be any news about FFXVI or Forspoken? You bet Square will show them, it's their most important projects since FFVIIR. If you don't see them at Square showcase, then they will be at Sony show considering the high focus on the FF brand from the console maker. And I think (purely guessing here) they might announce something this week, like dropping the date after SGF Kick Off Live and doing the event next week.

Anyway I'm really interested by this FF collection, hope they put decent work in.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
The hope bearers.

Well, I'll watch tomorrow's show with slightly more excitement just in case XVI shows up there. Elden Ring being there almost 100% should be perfect already.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really need that fucking XVI confirmation, okay SE? No more kidding around.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Over/under on FF XVI being shown tomorrow? At S-E Presents? Or at Sony's (whenever they do something)?

I bet on Sony.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I'm sticking with Origin and Collection on Sunday, XVI at next State of Play. Sony really wants to push XVI on its own terms I'm guessing.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
What you see here is what you get. I think the last time they did that, it was exactly what was announced, no suprised announcements in reserve. I would strongly suggest to temper your expectations, folks.
Back in Spring, they showed Forspoken as a final surprise despite not teasing any potential "hidden" game in the site description (granted, it didn't get much, but a title announcement and some gameplay snippets is nice).

This time around, unlike the Spring event, they even said this:
Rest assured we have plenty that will definitely make you go 'ooh' and possibly even 'ahh', but we're going to keep the line-up mostly under wraps for now. After all, we don't want to ruin the fun.

With that in mind, here's a tantalizingly vague list at what you can expect to see (list).
That said, I don't particularly expect a whole lot, but there's definitely more.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'd rather see that rumored Team Ninja FF game than FF16 again.

also I'd even rather see a new Deus Ex.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square is weird, they never said FFVIIR would be in the conference in 2019 but ended being there (and showed a lot).

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I put XVI at 50/50 for tomorrow. People should stop giving Sony so much credit lol

What you see here is what you get. I think the last time they did that, it was exactly what was announced, no suprised announcements in reserve. I would strongly suggest to temper your expectations, folks.

No it isn't and no it wasn't. Last time they advertised one game and showed thirteen, one of which was Forspoken. And this game E3 or any sort of big event.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Square is weird, they never said FFVIIR would be in the conference in 2019 but ended being there (and showed a lot).
They didn't specify, but they said "more in June" after the May SoP that reintroduced FF VII Remake. Given that S-E had a conference, well, it was as good an announcement as you can get. And iirc they even said that the extended version of the orchestra trailer would play the next day.

But I agree that they're weird, oversecretive at times even when they shouldn't.
what's tomorrow? Geoff's Summer Games thing?
Yeah. He'll attempt to break free from gamer prison live, should be a spectacle.
Yeah, with the usual "World Premiers". They almost did FFXVI last year, but it got pushed so he does talk to SE.
Wait, did they? Or do you mean the first PS5 in June? (I don't know if that was part of SGF).

In any case, yeah, he's had S-E stuff on his shows, like that Cloud-centred trailer during TGA 2019.

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
I put XVI at 50/50 for tomorrow. People should stop giving Sony so much credit lol

No it isn't and no it wasn't. Last time they advertised one game and showed thirteen, one of which was Forspoken. And this game E3 or any sort of big event.

Okay, fair enough, but don't forget that this direct is presented by Eidos-Montreal, which is the occidental part of development from Square-Enix. We'll see a lot of western development updates, not so sure about Japan related ones. Still keeping expectations in check...

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Okay, fair enough, but don't forget that this direct is presented by Eidos-Montreal, which is the occidental part of development from Square-Enix. We'll see a lot of western development updates, not so sure about Japan related ones. Still keeping expectations in check...

It's not presented by Eidos at all

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did they? Or do you mean the first PS5 in June? (I don't know if that was part of SGF).

In any case, yeah, he's had S-E stuff on his shows, like that Cloud-centred trailer during TGA 2019.

The SOP from September. XVI was in that, but it was meant to be in a SGF stream before that and then SE pulled it.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, really?

All I know was Navtra and Kagari iirc saying that XVI was supposed to be at the first PS5 event.

Oh, really?? Maybe that's what it was then. I feel like I specifically remember hearing about SGF, but no matter. Geoff's done stuff with them before and SE is Sunday either way. I don't really believe it wouldn't be there regardless of anything else, but I've gone over that enough.

Edit: Both Sony and SE are SGF partners fwiw

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I miss when Eidos Montreal was making Deus Ex games. They're a really talented studio and I hope they're not going to be relegated to assisting on Marvel games and making Tomb Raider sequels.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
FFXVI could be at Geoff show. Kena is being shown off on Saturday I think.

So there could be a teaser here and more at SE event.