• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The event was held on June 24, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo (Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo) I went to the general meeting of shareholders of Square Enix Holdings, Inc. Today's report is about this.

The shareholders' meeting started at 10:00 on time. After the audit report from the audit firm, there were items to report, including business results, the election of six directors (who are also members of the Audit Committee), and the appointment of a new board of directors. The President, who is the chairman of the meeting, used a slide presentation to explain all of the resolutions, including the one about (except for the officers).

An overview of the meeting was as follows

Smartphone games "Dracula Walk" and "FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS". Despite the strong performance of 'War,' 'Final Fantasy VII Remake' for PS4 is postponed
Final Fantasy XIV and other MMO's have seen the number of users increase due to the demand for the new corona nesting system. multiply
In the publishing business, e-books and print media are doing well
The amusement business was hit hard by the request to suspend operations of the new Corona.
The rights property business also suffered from the cancellation of events due to Wuhan Pneumonia.
Development recovered to about 80% by working from home. Voice and motion capture could not be resumed due to a 3-density situation.
Sony's (6758) and Microsoft's (MSFT) next generation game consoles will be released at the end of 2020. But the future is in the cloud game.

Go to Nihon Blog Mura Kabu Blog

And a Q&A.

Q: Normally there's a new game announcement at E3, but what are the plans for the impact of Corona this year?
A: Normally there would be an announcement of a new game at E3. We were going to hold a presentation event as an alternative to that, but due to the lack of assets, we were unable to do so. From now on it will be done on a per-title basis when we can announce them, and we'll release some in July or August. Schedule.

Q: My thoughts on stealth marketing
A: We do not intend to take the advertising approach of stealth marketing.

Q: Whether or not stealth marketing was used in the current year.
A: I haven't received any reports that it was implemented.

Q: Looking at your background, the alternate auditor seems to be the greater of the two, what do you think?
A: The auditor is not determined by how great they are or aren't, but by whether they are the right person for the job.

Q: Regarding the lack of internal directors.
A: We have a holding company system and there is a strong monitoring aspect to our company. For this reason, many of our employees are outside the company.

Q:Nintendo Tokyo, Nintendo's official direct-managed store, was opened in Shibuya You've opened in Parco, what are your thoughts on store development?
A : We also operate the Square Enix Café. We believe that opening stores is an important sales channel. If there are any issues, we will deal with them on a case-by-case basis.

After the question and answer session, a vote was taken on the resolutions, and the general meeting of shareholders came to an end.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/majo2/archives/52117280.html

Machine translation there until I get a better translation (salromano?)

Edit: Check the threadmark for a better translation, thank you Salromano!

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
July is TWEWY I guess / maybe something at the Xbox show, and then August is the second Sony thing I suppose.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I await my FF14 news with open arms.

.... When ever you're ready Yoshi-p ...
I WANT MY NIER RAID T_T

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Normally there would be an announcement of a new game at E3. We were going to hold a presentation event as an alternative to that, but due to the lack of assets, we were unable to do so. From now on it will be done on a per-title basis when we can announce them, and we'll release some in July or August. Schedule.
What does "lack of assets" mean? Is he referring to E3/summer cons or their own lack of material (new video games) to present?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Well, well so MS event, Gamescon and Sony August event?

Honestly I just expected to drop trailers on random days.

Development recovered to about 80% by working from home. Voice and motion capture could not be resumed due to a 3-density situation.
Sony's (6758) and Microsoft's (MSFT) next generation game consoles will be released at the end of 2020. But the future is in the cloud game.

Oh boy. SE wants to be the front runner in Cloud gaming.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
What does "lack of assets" mean? Is he referring to E3/summer cons or their own lack of material (new video games) to present?
The in-between graphics they use to transition between announcements, etc. Nintendo apparently hasn't done a Direct because they've been having the same trouble putting those together.

NeoSabin

Aug 12, 2019
"...increase due to the demand for the new corona nesting system."
Sony and Microsoft have a new competitor they better keep an eye on lol

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The in-between graphics they use to transition between announcements, etc. Nintendo apparently hasn't done a Direct because they've been having the same trouble putting those together.

It's more likely it refers to trailers, marketing material, vertical slices. Doing them individually allows for more flexibility and waiting until they have a firmer grasp of the situation will make it easier too.

Salromano's translation

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Machine translation there until I get a better translation (salromano?)

Not much different, but here:

Q: Normally, you would announce new games at E3, but how has coronavirus affected your plans this year?

A: We would normally announce new games at E3, yes. We had planned to have a press conference as a replacement event, but were unable to do so since assets were not complete. We'll be announcing new titles individually as the timing permits. Several will debut around July to August.

Last edited:

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
so scattered throughout maybe the Xbox show in July, rumored Sony event in August and of course ONL.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I just want more Replicant and Babylon's Fall info. Preferably with release dates.

Right now they're doing streams for Avengers and Outriders as individual events un-affiliated with either of the new consoles.

I wonder when we'll see more Babylon's Fall? They said "summer" during that SoP trailer.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I wonder if they will hype up the big reveals a couple days in advance like a twitter tease (for a hypothetical FF XVI reveal) or really just drop it on a random morning.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

the article linked appears to be translated, I'll add a new link to a confirmed post when it's up.