• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Two FF7 songs - and no FF7 spirits - is a crime against humanity. But Square can still make it right.

Why not promote FF7 on Switch with a free update for Smash that adds more songs as well as spirits from FF7? Smash being effectively an advertisement reaching at least 12 million and all. They could even make the FF7 spirits an event on the Spirit Board (granted, this would require work designing the spirit battles).

C'mon Square, call up Sakurai. You'll sell even more copies of your port. You'll then be able to afford more 3D modelers for rendering zippers and belt buckles in the remake!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
They'll charge for music before giving it up for free.

Otherwise we would've had the music in smash already. Sakurai implied some music was too expensive. (He didn't say outright which franchises tho, but I bet it was Final Fantasy)

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Having more songs on Smash is not going to make the VII port sell more lmao

Bro, all them F-Zero tracks has basically guaranteed the revival of one of Nintendo's worst-performing three-console IPs.

What's funny is thay Cloud is actually the most used character online.

One of the most well-rounded fighters that uses cheese methods like sword projectiles? I wonder why he's the most-used character online?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
at this point the sorry state of FF representation in Smash is a hilarious running joke and I'd be kind of sad to lose it

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Why are you telling us?

Is there someone who works for Square here?
I also think Cloud being in the game and being one of the most popular characters helps enough

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you telling us?

Is there someone who works for Square here?
I also think Cloud being in the game and being one of the most popular characters helps enough
I need you all to lend me your strength for the spirit bomb.

Alternatively, I'm Paula and need your prayers to defeat stingy-ass Square Giygas!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They won't and they don't need to.

FF7 is gonna sell on Switch regardless - additional Smash Bros. content won't make a difference - everyone knows about this title already.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
They won't and they don't need to.

FF7 is gonna sell on Switch regardless - additional Smash Bros. content won't make a difference - everyone knows about this title already.
Cross-promotion always helps. Think of all the stuff that promotes a new Star Wars movie everyone will see anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
zqIjmGa.gif

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
One - I'd love to see more characters and music. Two - does the existence of Dissidia want to make Square keep a tight lock on Final Fantasy brawling?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cross-promotion always helps. Think of all the stuff that promotes a new Star Wars movie everyone will see anyways.

Cloud is already in Smash Bros. - everyone knows FF.
Its not a Persona/Joker situation, it doesnt get much more iconic that Cloud/FF7.

SE and Nintendo are gonna focus on Dragon Quest representation in Smash Bros. - the FF part is already a done deal.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
On the big list of Games That Need Promoting™, it's safe to say that FF7 is probably at or near rock-bottom. It'll sell like hotcakes whenever, wherever.

I do think Smash could use more FF stuff than what it currently has, of course, but it's not going to move the already-maxed sales needle any.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
How about adding more contents from other FF entries?

Final Fantasy is such a large franchise, it has so many great games, not just 7.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Square enix can't even manage to get proper FF representation in their own tentpole game, which was originally one of the key selling points of the entire franchise.

They don't actually care what we want. lol

STGHMAAV

Oct 26, 2017
I think the best we could get is a spirit of someone in FF7 if you buy the game ala Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The crazy lack of actual FF content in Ultimate makes me wonder how tough the negotiations were for Cloud in Smash 4 in the first place.