• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
From what I can see from that tiny picture, I think the boxart looks fantastic.
Looking forward to see some gameplay in a few hours.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
After playing Nier Automata, I thought it was an excellent game. Now after a couple of months, it sinked in that there aren't many games like it. Definitely contender for GOTG imo. Craving for another Nier game and can't wait for Replicant!

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
Gorgeous box art.

Will be watching the stream later, hopefully it releases soon and there's a collectors edition or something.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who was the original character artist for NieR? I loved their work and while the Tactics guy is good I dunno if he can replace that original art.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Right, I gotta finish route B before this stream at the very least lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway now I'm all paranoid they'll do something really dumb like canonizing Ending E in-game or have Automata content show up in a meaningful way.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not against about them making Ending E in-game but I would prefer something else; they could add content about the backstory! Stuff like the Wall of Jericho, Legion/Red Eye, The Hamelin Organization or even a scene of Angelus' body

But I'm probably asking for too much haha

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not against about them making Ending E in-game but I would prefer something else; they could add content about the backstory! Stuff like the Wall of Jericho, Legion/Red Eye, The Hamelin Organization or even a scene of Angelus' body

Okay yeah some kind of focus on Red Eye and WCS, that would be amazing.

They've talked about this as some kind of middle ground between remake and remaster, so I dunno. NieR is a super special game to me and anything that interrupts its perfect story is gonna get some major stink eye from me.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

I'd love a game focusing on the outbreak of WCS and the battle against Legion and Red Eye.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Okay yeah some kind of focus on Red Eye and WCS, that would be amazing.

They've talked about this as some kind of middle ground between remake and remaster, so I dunno. NieR is a super special game to me and anything that interrupts its perfect story is gonna get some major stink eye from me.

They already said there's gonna be some sort of new story content.
I feel very similar about NieR, but i'm not worried about that at all, seeing how all the games crossreference each other so subtly most of the time, i don't think we need to worry about "LOOK GUYS, THIS iS 2B, 2B FROM NIER AUTOMATA REMEMBER? THE 2B WITH THE BUTT YOU ALL LIKED" kinda garbage.

My biggest worry about new story content would be a change in voice acting, as they'd need to record new lines.
It's just not NieR without the same people and their performances.

That should straight up be its own game.
Not the first time i'm saying it, but a Yoko Taro horror game in that setting would be purrrfect.

Chances for a Ni3R teaser?
It should been brewing for quite a while now, no?

Given that Taro has been involved in NieR Reincarnation, this remake, some SinoAlice content, small revisions of his stageplays, finishing up his manga and a FFXIV raid, i think this is actually it for now.

I also thought NieR 3 would be a given by now, but that was before most of this.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one had yes, but on the other Automata was way, way more successful than Replicant/Gestalt.

Yeah NieR is suddenly a big name for JRPGs off the conclusion of its thematic finale. I dunno if 'it's sort of finished" is enough to keep from going, let alone with Taro Yoko still at the helm.

They already said there's gonna be some sort of new story content.
I feel very similar about NieR, but i'm not worried about that at all, seeing how all the games crossreference each other so subtly most of the time, i don't think we need to worry about "LOOK GUYS, THIS iS 2B, 2B FROM NIER AUTOMATA REMEMBER? THE 2B WITH THE BUTT YOU ALL LIKED" kinda garbage.

My biggest worry about new story content would be a change in voice acting, as they'd need to record new lines.

Like, I know there will be new stuff, stuff that will make NieR a better game hopefully, but I'm vehemently against a new ending. NieR's endings are perfect.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Ahah, might as well be, it's really hard to find info on them! Maybe using Japanese resources/sites, I dunno

I think he actually hasn't much anything else other than NieR 1's design, at leaat nothing well known.
If you look up his twitter, most of his artworks are NieR characters to this very day

D.K (@dkground) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from D.K (@dkground). 3D.Blender.C++.C#.WebGL.Unity.UE

Be warned fairly NSFW

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The year is 2020 and Nier is trending, i would have never expected to see this small and janky ass series to grow this big

ino9C6F.png

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Since this will have brother Nier, they are going to have re-record all of his lines. If they could get the original cast (minus Jamieson Price) back together, I'd be interested in a new dub.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
And I thought 13 Sentinels would be my last day one PS4 purchase, I had completely forgot this was a thing.
Hopefully we'll see some kind of Ni3r tease.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think he actually hasn't much anything else other than NieR 1's design, at leaat nothing well known.
If you look up his twitter, most of his artworks are NieR characters to this very day

D.K (@dkground) | Twitter

The latest Tweets from D.K (@dkground). 3D.Blender.C++.C#.WebGL.Unity.UE

Be warned fairly NSFW

Maybe a friend of Taro's?

I could swear I saw his handiwork on another game, but maybe I'm just mixing it with Drakengard.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
trailer better fucking not be a bunch of powerpoint with music again.
time for some gameplay.

very hyped for the mobile game though

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
Gameplay for Replicant and a release date
Release date for Reincarnation
Probably not much for Automata, maybe a tease of the final Yorha: Dark Apocalypse raid in FF14

2B for smash
I see, thanks!

2B for Smash would be just too great for it to happen.
I'm not sure if they'll ever announce a new character outside of a Nintendo-related stream again. Only happened with Joker iirc.

Automata on Switch would be sick though; it could run with compromises but really nice on Switch "Pro".

addik

Oct 28, 2017

Sorry guys, I think we'll only get very few information about this based on Yoko Taro's tweet.

/s