• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
NieR Gestalt and NieR Replicant were both released about 10 years ago in April 2010. Square Enix Producer Yosuke Saito and Director Yoko Taro tweeted that they will be doing something to commemorate the NieR 10th anniversary, no matter how big or small.

Saito first tweeted, "I'll do something on March 29. At worst, even if it's just Yoko-san and I, we'll do something. Because it's the 10th anniversary, we'll hold it for 10 hours straight."

Siliconera

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Nier has great story/music/setting but the gameplay is kinda as generic as it gets. I think "just" a 4K remaster won't cut it for me.
Great for those who never touched it though.

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
I've been replaying this game on RPCS3 at 60 fps and the game is significantly more fun when it's actually responsive. I really hope we get a remaster.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit feel like this happened before and we got disappointed. Maybe this time it will be different.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Why do people always think they will announce stuff at these? every time a Japanese company announces something like this it turns out to be a single statue or maybe a mobile game collab thing.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
2 Hours Twitch Stream of Yoko Taro eating a Square Enix shaped Pizza with a straw and the butt of a 2B Figure.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I'd settle for XOne back compatibility... except the team isn't working on it any more...

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
i'm not expecting much, but a remaster of the only good Sad Dad game out there would be great

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they celebrate drakengard on that anniversary and at least 6 hours of that is failing at the ending of drakengard 3.
I would see that as a very yoko move.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
Nier has great story/music/setting but the gameplay is kinda as generic as it gets. I think "just" a 4K remaster won't cut it for me.
Great for those who never touched it though.

Yeah, I loved Automata, but I'm not sure I want to go back and play Nier. At this point, the story has all been spoiled for me and I can listen to the soundtrack on Apple Music. What I really want from Yoko Taro is a new project.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Actual quote: "I'll do something on March 29. At worst, even if it's just Yoko-san and I, we'll do something."

Article and by extension thread: "SQUARE-ENIX will do something..."

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know Automata's combat is more fun and mechanically much better than Nier's, but the sticky, kind of choppy way it works adds a certain sense of grounded realism to the game, which I think is fitting since you're a normal bloke with a sword.

At the least I really don't want to see Papa Nier going crazy like 2B did.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Saito first tweeted, "I'll do something on March 29. At worst, even if it's just Yoko-san and I, we'll do something. Because it's the 10th anniversary, we'll hold it for 10 hours straight."

Doesn't really sound like we should expect anything like a new game announcement or remaster TBH.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Don't care about remasters, announce something new please.

I even remember in a stream featuring Yoko Taro and Saito, Saito said that the next time they stream together, they'll talk about Yoko Taro's new game, or something along those lines.

Edit: found it: https://www.pcgamesn.com/nier-automata/yoko-taro-new-game

During a recent livestream alongside Taro, Saito said that he "really wanted" to talk about the director's new game. While Saito was adamant that there would soon be something to talk about, Taro seemed less open, stating that "Square Enix can talk about it if they want." Saito, however, was not to be deterred, insisting that Taro would be able to talk about the new game the next time the pair appeared on the livestream.

Please be a new game announcement 🙏

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
5-part remake that turns the whole thing into an FPS coming this 2026

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Y'all over here arguing about remaster vs remake. I'm over thinking, "dang it's already been 10 years?!"

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I would be happy with a simple Nier HD remaster plus a couple of added quality of life options to improve the experience.

Although Yoko Taro did say, if I recall correctly, people might not like a full Nier remake from him because he'd want to change everything.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
What I want: Some new news regarding the next game in the series.

What I expect: An announcement for yet another concert I'll never be able to attend.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Taro and Saito will play Animal Crossing New Horizons on livestream.

If Taro's review of Pocket Camp is anything to go by, it would be awesome. Dude would cut all the trees and just put a campfire in the middle of the village.