• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
None of those things are alien to remasters, but aight; I don't care to argue.

Are you going to answer my question on how you know what Reborn is or isn't? All we have is a trademark and the term "remaster" in the Nvidia leak, but you disagree that it's a remaster?

Duckroll's got sources, and I'd just take him at his word without pressing. None of the old-timers with connections are going to explicitly say how they know.

Anyhow, that's great news, and also increases the odds that FFT is also a similarly large effort. I had assumed that Tactics Ogre was just going to be a remaster, but maybe both of the games are considered significant enough to get full remakes in standardized engines to keep available forever like the Pixel Remasters (which are remakes despite their name).

If it isn't just a remaster, then... what leveling system is it going to use?

Wooot. Can we also get a regular Orge Battle?

How about Ogre Battle Reborn then?

Out of the stuff that isn't leaked or ports of the various DQ remakes, I think Ogre Battle is probably highest on the list of their old RPGs to be getting a remake soon. A remaster wouldn't cut it and they really haven't done remasters of their SNES games, while Ogre Battle 1 translates well to a full remake, a HD-2D remake, or something like the Actraiser Remake (which was basically already the art style of the original OB). Ogre Battle and Parasite Eve are the big "out of pattern" classics that do well on the criteria that SE seems to be using, but PE has rights issues that may ruin its odds.

There was a Wonderswan JP-only game Tactics game at some point too I think? That would be nice to see localized.

Ogre Battle Gaiden I think you're thinking of, on Neo Geo Pocket Color.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I got ya! :P

XhxOrjCI6oD6Qpx86XehPupwjRcnSnVJv7FT_XKpcjE.jpg
What are White Chocobo Eggs, Alex?

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
I think I'm primarily excited that this means we'll get that FFT remaster, but Tactics Ogre also rules

Oct 25, 2017
Given what was done to other Enix properties (Actraiser, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile), I'm extremely concerned about this.

Actraiser got more than it deserved, and Star Ocean could have easily been killed off entirely rather than getting a full sequel release by the original team and gameplay style/genre.

VP getting Shining'ed is upsetting, but that is definitely not the norm for how SE treats its old stuff. Front Mission, Live-a-Live, and Mana should be on that list for balance. Tri-Ace, and their IPs, would be dead forever under any other publisher.

What are other "leaks" in the nvidia leak ?

Most of the Square Enix stuff is now announced. FF9 Remake, FFT Remaster, KH4, and whatever that KH X thing is are the last from SE as far as I know. It got both Voice of the Cards games, DioField Chronicle, Chrono Cross, Actraiser, and FFTR correct already.

Oct 25, 2017
Left Alive tho... T_T

I appreciate their out-of-the-box thinking on that! The concept is really cool, and despite it being an utter failure in every way they are still willing to do decent remakes of the series.

Most publishers would have used Star Ocean 5 and Left Alive as reasons to just kill off the franchise.

excellent game

also, please, make a completely new tactics ogre game as well 🙏

I'm hopeful. Square Enix is doing great right now and have such a huge range of IPs being supported across different budgets. Is TO:R going to add another new post-credits teaser that goes nowhere?

New Tactics (dunno if FFT or TO) and New Pixel Final Fantasy I genuinely think are likely at this point.

Last edited:

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
I have been compiling a list, might be a tad out of date or incorrect.

Actraiser Remake
Destroy All Humans 2 Remake
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (we knew 4 was coming but the leak got the exact name right)
Brothers in Arms by Gearbox
God of War
GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas Remasters
"Unannounced Dungeon Tactics Game" -> Dungeon Encounters
Outcast 2
"Saints Row Cinco"
Unannounced Card Game -> Voice of Cards
Unannounced Card Game 2 -> Voice of Cards 2
Ruined King: League of Legends story (correct release date!)
Redout 2 (Redout 1 was self published, leak had Saber listed as publisher)
Chrono Cross Remastered
Front Mission 1 (untitled strategy game)
FFVII Remake
Death Stranding Directors Cut
Crysis 4
Street Fighter 6
"Square Enix Unannounced Strategy Game" --> Diofield Chronicles

Not announced yet but public proof:
Sackboy's Big Adventure (SteamDB leak)
Helldivers 2 (teased on their Twitter)
Tactics Ogre Trademarked

you forgot Deliver us Mars

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure we'll have extra scenarios and additions from Matsuno, but when will we get a complete new game from him?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Most of the Square Enix stuff is now announced. FF9 Remake, FFT Remaster, KH4, and whatever that KH X thing is are the last from SE as far as I know. It got both Voice of the Cards games, DioField Chronicle, Chrono Cross, Actraiser, and FFTR correct already.
There's also Final Fantasy: The Lightning Returns and Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary but those are clearly not actual games. 😂

My only hope is that Final Fantasy 9 Remake (whether it's a full remake or more of a remaster) is one of the real entries as most have been.

Oct 25, 2017
Are you referencing TO? or another property?

Tactics Ogre PSP had a post credits scene hinting at the sequel with "To Be Continued..."
youtu.be

Tactics Ogre: LUCT (PSP) - GyoruSPY Chapter 4 Part 65/END [Ending C]

Entire Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=46548D5FE478629D
13 years later, nothing.

There's also Final Fantasy: The Lightning Returns and Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary but those are clearly not actual games. 😂

My only hope is that Final Fantasy 9 Remake (whether it's a full remake or more of a remaster) is one of the real entries as most have been.

I wouldn't doubt FF9. It is the only FF game out of the first 12 + Tactics to not get a really significant update of some kind, and if they are willing to do full remakes of games that sold a few hundred thousand copies then FF9 is definitely justifiable for a Pixel Remaster-style rebuild with higher resolution assets, smoother UI, and new OST.

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
Never played Tactics Ogre despite owning it on like two different platforms. Here's to actually giving it a proper chance! Especially since I've really been loving SRPGS lately.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is this LUTC rerelease or actually something more? Any rumors?

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Tactics Ogre PSP had a post credits scene hinting at the sequel with "To Be Continued..."
youtu.be

Tactics Ogre: LUCT (PSP) - GyoruSPY Chapter 4 Part 65/END [Ending C]

Entire Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=46548D5FE478629D
13 years later, nothing.

I wouldn't doubt FF9. It is the only FF game out of the first 12 + Tactics to not get a really significant update of some kind, and if they are willing to do full remakes of games that sold a few hundred thousand copies then FF9 is definitely justifiable for a Pixel Remaster-style rebuild with higher resolution assets, smoother UI, and new OST.

Nice, thanks for the reminder. lol I would love another Lans game. Anything Lodis related, or something new for the series in general. PLZ!

Zephyx

Oct 28, 2017
Remaster of LUCT would be good enough for me. Very excited since this is one of my favorite franchises. Please be good!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
But I was just going to start One Vision

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I have been compiling a list, might be a tad out of date or incorrect.

Actraiser Remake
Destroy All Humans 2 Remake
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection (we knew 4 was coming but the leak got the exact name right)
Brothers in Arms by Gearbox
God of War
GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas Remasters
"Unannounced Dungeon Tactics Game" -> Dungeon Encounters
Outcast 2
"Saints Row Cinco"
Unannounced Card Game -> Voice of Cards
Unannounced Card Game 2 -> Voice of Cards 2
Ruined King: League of Legends story (correct release date!)
Redout 2 (Redout 1 was self published, leak had Saber listed as publisher)
Chrono Cross Remastered
Front Mission 1 (untitled strategy game)
FFVII Remake
Death Stranding Directors Cut
Crysis 4
Street Fighter 6
"Square Enix Unannounced Strategy Game" --> Diofield Chronicles

Not announced yet but public proof:
Sackboy's Big Adventure (SteamDB leak)
Helldivers 2 (teased on their Twitter)
Tactics Ogre Trademarked
The "problem" was always Nintendo games that didn't make sense, like Mario+Rabbids.

At this point I suspect that all Nintendo games on that list must have been some remote way of working with Switch dev kits or something, since the Switch is Nvidia hardware.

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
LUCT port is what we should expect but it'd be cool to get Knight of Lodis in some form.

Also, Ogre Battle please.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
The "problem" was always Nintendo games that didn't make sense, like Mario+Rabbid.
There are plenty of games on the list that we know aren't actual games. But nobody remembers those. They only remember the ones that do turn out to be real and then some people assume everything has to be.

That said I think most people are fairly sensible with their expectations, and most games that were leaked have shown to be real.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
VP getting Shining'ed is upsetting, but that is definitely not the norm for how SE treats its old stuff. Front Mission, Live-a-Live, and Mana should be on that list for balance. Tri-Ace, and their IPs, would be dead forever under any other publisher.

This is true. Is Game Arts still around? Grandia is one of my all-time favorite series (except 3) but I don't want it to get a revival if Squeenix isn't going to put their all into it.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Can I also just say that, it's kind of insane how many gems Square Enix Japan is either announcing or releasing over the past year and through the rest of 2022.

I can't keep up.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is true. Is Game Arts still around? Grandia is one of my all-time favorite series (except 3) but I don't want it to get a revival if Squeenix isn't going to put their all into it.

As far as I'm aware Game Arts still exists in some form, but I don't think Square owns the Grandia IP anymore. They helped distribute the Switch version of the Grandia remaster but that was it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do we think that this is a remaster of the PSP remake, or some second, more ambitious remake?