• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Is this a confirmation for SE at E3 with an event like the showcase? Because if it ain't this then Forspoken and XVI won't be there.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm pretty sure FFXIV is Square-Enix's biggest moneymaker right now. It arguably is more important to SE than the mainline single player FFs right now.

Like, by all means, push for more women to be involved in the series, but don't diminish Natsuko Ishikawa's excellent work just because its on an MMO.

Shadowbringers was the best FF story since the SNES and PS1 days, too.

It's no small feat to see a woman game writer receive a reaction like this at a convention:

While it's the money maker is isn't as important to them as the non-MMO titles as seen from their heavy pimpin of the FF7R shit now. Or made a new IP that's woman protag and still nothing

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Most likely just replaying Endwalker trailer or just announcing next beta phase for PS5 version. I don't think they ever released new crucial info for FFXIV in non XIV centric events.

We saw SHB launch trailer at E3.

Given that the expansion will release in the fall, it's either we see Endwalker launch trailer here or sometime later.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They have a lot they can show:
-FFXVI
-Endwalker
-Forespoken
-Avengers (lol)
-LiS True Colors
-LiS collection
-Triangle Strategy
-Neo TWEWY
-Babylon Fall
-Outriders stuff
-Mobile projects
-New Eidos/Avalanche stuff?
-FFVII:R PC/XS ports?
-Other ports like Legend of Mana and such

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Couldn't this be announcements at the Nintendo direct? It doesn't sound like this is referring to FFXVI or Forspoken

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Since FFXVI is the big game for Sony I expect the same arrangement they did with FFVII Remake.

Sony has the trailer early June or late May and SE will have a full reveal, collectors edition and gameplay and released date.

I don't think SE will be at E3 but will hold their event close to E3.
I keep thinking that a sony state of play is coming sometime soon in the next few weeks.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Most likely just replaying Endwalker trailer or just announcing next beta phase for PS5 version. I don't think they ever released new crucial info for FFXIV in non XIV centric events.
Shadowbringers launch trailer was showed at e3 2019 for the first time .

i've played 95% of all the final fantasy. i just meant the MMO is to the point of constant support that they'll put people on there b/c they move the men on to the mainline games they think really matter
Let me guess, that 5% is XIV, shocking I know, but here you are downplaying the biggest SE achievement of the last 10+ years, that you havent played, written by a woman.

Last edited:

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I'm confused. Is this a confirmation for SE at E3 with an event like the showcase? Because if it ain't this then Forspoken and XVI won't be there.
There is no information at the moment on a dedicated showcase and conference for Square Enix. What we know is that there will be some announcements during the E3 period. My hunch is that it is possible to show stuff at Xbox and at Nintendo, ... Maybe Playstation shows something around or right before E3..

They have no said that there will be a 30-45 minute Square Enix Presents showcase though.

I am hoping obviously that we get a lot from everyone.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
They usually have a presence during the Nintendo Directs so I am assuming they are refering to that since Sony/Square won't be at E3 on their own.

They've already said another SE Presents is coming in the summer and the ESA also said more partner publishers would be announced before E3 started. The statement is about SE themselves.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
I don't think it's unbelievable that SE wanted to take advantage of the CP2077 hype with a new Deus Ex.

Now we know how that turned out but a good new Deus Ex would fill a CP2077 sized hole in many players.

I'm playing CP2077 now and while it's fun and nowhere near as bad as some people have been saying, and hits a lot of the right buttons, it's still no Deus Ex. The music in particular; it's just not a cyberpunk future without Brandon or McCann's music in the background.

Aquiel

Feb 8, 2020
wasn't that Dawn of Mana?

Seiken Densetsu 1: Final Fantasy Adventure; Sword of Mana (Re-imagining); Adventures of Mana (Remake); Plus: One 2D Remake for cell phones

Seiken Densetsu 2: Secret of Mana; Plus: One 3D Remake version.

Seiken Densetsu 3: Trials of Mana (and another 3D Remake).

Seiken Densetsu 4: Dawn of Mana

Seiken Densetsu 5: NEXT!!!!!!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
so this is how FFX-3 gets announced. Right guys?

0ae49bdc02254c7e9438ae6b52556735.jpg

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Finally, it's time for Dragon Quest X to be announced worldwide. I'm going to write some very unpleasant letters to Square-Enix otherwise.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
honestly I think endwalker is shaping up to be one of falls biggest releases lol. obv excuding cod.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
That launch trailer were mostly consists footage showcased in the previous fan fests and the benchmark demo, hardly crucial unless you mean that little bit of lore tease at the end of said trailer.
Nah bruh, the launch trailer was entirely new at that time as it was all in-game cutscenes/footage taken directly from the expac itself, none of which had been shown prior to it. It was not the same thing as the benchmark .

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Finally, it's time for Dragon Quest X to be announced worldwide. I'm going to write some very unpleasant letters to Square-Enix otherwise.

If only... PSO2 getting localized gave me a little hope but it's a very different kind've game, arguably a lot more appealing than A DQ MMO. DQ10 is top 3 Dragon Quest for me, such a fantastic experience.