• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
hxKRwxl.png

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs19/

Final Fantasy VII Remake - playable demo, trailer
Dragon Quest XI S - playable demo, trailer, stage event
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - playable demo, trailer, stage event
Final Fantasy XIV - playable demo, trailer, stage event
Avengers - trailer, stage event
Trials of Mana - trailer, stage event
Star Ocean First Departure R - trailer, stage event

more on the site

Full line up can be seen here at gematsu: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/square-enix-announces-tgs-2019-lineup-stage-schedule

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that cares, I translated the full stage schedule and what not here: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/square-enix-announces-tgs-2019-lineup-stage-schedule

Edit: Should also be noted for everyone that gets disappointed by lineup announcements that these are generally updated leading up to the event, and that a game not appearing on the lineup doesn't exclude the possibility of it appearing at, for example, Sony's pre-TGS press conference or a pre-TGS Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn guess Babylon's Fall might be a no show then.

Is there even any other venues it can be show at this year?

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I completely fucking forgot they were remaking Star Ocean. I'm excited for that! Hopefully it sells well and Star Ocean 2 gets the same treatment so they can unlolify Rena.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it still a thing I would suspect we see info on it after the first episode of VII remake releases. Just as we had to wait for kingdom hearts 3 to come out to finally get some info on VII
It's developed by Platinum though. FFVII was shown after KHIII because both are directed by Nomura.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
Could just be me, but man, those Star Ocean pictures look like they were taken straight from the PSP version. Is there really that much of an upgrade in terms of visuals or content that has been holding up the release of the game? Felt like it could've just been a straight port of the PSP copy.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Could just be me, but man, those Star Ocean pictures look like they were taken straight from the PSP version. Is there really that much of an upgrade in terms of visuals or content that has been holding up the release of the game? Felt like it could've just been a straight port of the PSP copy.
The description for this game always said it was a port, not a remaster or a remake, so it's not surprising tbh.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be what they did with the Star Ocean 2 port which is already on PS4 (but exclusive to Japan) since 2015, which iirc was a better quality OST and trophies.
Are we getting new FF7R trailer or are we going to see the same footage again?
Almost definitely new footage for TGS.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Goddamit, Squeeenix.

Babylon's Fall is the only title I've been interested in since E3 2018, and it's not even mentioned.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't really get what's happening with babylon's fall. was it really announced way too early, or is it having development problems?

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how Babylon's Fall had 2019 release date when it was announced, and still says 2019 in Platinums site lol.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

well, they did do new character portraits

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
well astral chain is now out, who knows maybe platinum wanted to finish that before concentrating their manpower on this

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that cares, I translated the full stage schedule and what not here: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/square-enix-announces-tgs-2019-lineup-stage-schedule

Edit: Should also be noted for everyone that gets disappointed by lineup announcements that these are generally updated leading up to the event, and that a game not appearing on the lineup doesn't exclude the possibility of it appearing at, for example, Sony's pre-TGS press conference or a pre-TGS Nintendo Direct.

Are they actually doing one?

With TGS being a week earlier I would have expected it to be announced earlier, though I guess it doesn't matter as long as press are invited early enough.