• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Natsume talked about wanting to get Lufia II on Wii U VC but they ere too late for submission. Maybe they'll manage it on NSO?
Oh god yes please! My favorite RPG of all time, even though the difficulty is rather low.

I still only played the first 2 dungeons of the remake, but since they turned it into Kingdom Hearts lite in terms of Gameplay it's jut not Lufia anymore. :(

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine space invader in RE engine.

Joke aside. Have experience working in corporate world you will be surprised how many project were actually pushed by lower/mid tier employee than the management. And if those people gone, your favourite game is actually kind of gone too. Unless it's the AAA property , it's hardly being recognised by higher management. In this case it's even worse because it seems to me that Square Enix acquire Taito for their arcade business/operation than the actual product. At the time of PS2 nobody actually care about Taito game anymore. Ex Taito developers might already get merged/moved into the parent company and nobody really have time/power to push Taito side games.

To be fair, missing mid-tier games is not exclusive to just Square Enix, but also every other major Japanese companies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
King Kingo

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Have experience working in corporate world you will be surprised how many project were actually pushed by lower/mid tier employee than the management. And if those people gone, your favourite game is actually kind of gone too. Unless it's the AAA property , it's hardly being recognised by higher management. In this case it's even worse because it seems to me that Square Enix acquire Taito for their arcade business/operation than the actual product. At the time of PS2 nobody actually care about Taito game anymore. Ex Taito developers might already get merged/moved into the parent company and nobody really have time/power to push Taito side games.

To be fair, missing mid-tier games is not exclusive to just Square Enix, but also every other major Japanese companies.

I'm appreciative of your insights. I can see that being an influential factor but Square Enix is the same company to have formed Tokyo RPG Factory so they could release AA games. They could have done the same for Taito.

I just find it such a shame that there's a wealth of properties that if reintroduced to today gaming market would really make their money's worth.