• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will we see a HD port of Crisis Core at some point?

• Yes

Votes: 154 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 107 41.0%

• Total voters

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crisis core in 7R's engine would be insane in the best way possible. Redesign gackts character too.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
We need a Crisis Core HD remaster for 2 reasons.

1. Bringing the superior Zack VA to modern consoles (KH 2.8 doesn't count)

2. Cissnei

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I think you may have found the next FF, not just a port, but a whole new game. Final Fantasy 7Remake Part 2-1 Crises Core R.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
My only memory of this game was my high school girlfriend stole someone's PSP to play just this game. So if it gets a remake I'll probably play it since it must have been good if she stole for it. At least I hope

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Same 100%. Maybe it just favoritism, but Zack was the only VA change in Remake that didn't sit well with me.

Nah, from what I saw, this seemed ilke a unanimous opinion. FF7R Zack was the one recast nobody jived with, which is such a tragedy considering what a beloved character Zack is.

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What kind of anniversary is the 13th? Other than Friday the 13th, but clearly Squeenix isn't going for that reference are they?

That'd be like me commemorating the 452nd day anniversary since Elden Ring was announced at E3.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
For the life of me, I do not understand why they didn't release an HD remaster of this in the release build-up for FFVIIR.
It would turn off more customers than it would bring in. Seriously, I went and tried to replay this game about 4 months ago, but it absolutely does not hold up in almost every sense. Whereas some PSP games managed to recreate their parent franchise relatively well (KH BBS, Armoured Core, etc), Crisis Core is filled with compromises and then some. Lots and lots of boneheaded design decisions too... Do y'all remember the slot machine and that level-ups are literally random?

The soundtrack is great though.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they won't reveal this instead of XVI (if there's even a reveal). Cris Core was okay at best imo.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why they would bother at this point, the greater lore of this game has gone ignored and/or is in need of retconning anyway.

I guess a 'another tale' straight port to put it out there would be cool. I wouldn't mind going through that story again for a laugh

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
I could see a Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Crisis Re:Core DLC

I wonder i they would do a Remake 1 plus side dlc then remake 2 and another side dlc

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it random to celebrate an anniversary? Like...an anniversary is a pretty set thing. It happens on a certain date.

Random would be celebrating the 13th anniversary 5 months ago...or 6 months from now.

Oct 31, 2017
Crisis Core has one of the most un-fun battle systems I've ever experienced

And the electric guitar tracks are obnoxious

as is the ACTIVATING COMBAT MODE

and the dull environments

and the retcons

and Genesis

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
You wouldn't draw attention to such a random ass anniversay unless you were planning something i guess

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Crisis Core was already an adapted-ish version of the Kingdom Hearts battle system, so a lower-budget remaster/remake of this game using 7R's assets to tide people over until 7R-2 (or maybe 7R-3?) would kind of make sense.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
People who have beat FF7R probably have a totally different idea of what a potential Crisis Core Remake would do than people who haven't haha

Deleted member 44122

at some point? sure. i guess theyre only posting about it because its the first time after the release of ff7 remake so more people know about zach

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
there is a timeline where zack didnt die so hes probably going to be in the plans for part 2 [\SPOILER]

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
SQEX has said that they want to have all of their legacy titles available for modern platforms. Games like Crisis Core are the trickiest due to the licensing issues, but I don't think it's impossible, especially after FFVIIR has increased interest in FFVII again. At worst they'll make us pay premium for a quick HD remaster (even more so than usual, lol) to offset whatever possibly high (re)licensing costs there are, at best maybe they'll reuse much of the work they have done & will do on FFVII Remake (Part 1 & beyond) to remake it with FFVIIR level assets. I'd imagine it could be a relatively quick project if they reuse as much work from FFVIIR as possible, though if it still feels like a PSP game, that might be a bit pointless. And I'm not sure if it deserves/can justify a more thorough remake.

Damn you!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I wouldn't mind one. It's not a bad game one bit and it would help people get into remake more for sure.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The game was middling with wonderful moments when it hit on FF7 story notes. I remember emulating this on PPPSSSPPP (my shots below), just to see it run, and it looked really good. Certainly passable as a Switch title, even better if they could get some of the texture/models a little lick of paint.

6CFDD474431D114B3857AEA2AB9E5DBB78A803E6

4130C00E964E232E6ABBDF4F52AB51BCCDCD69F5

D950A1A88C880731AF82E542FF7D68B54757A839

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly won't vote as I literally don't know what goes on in SE mind.

The game was supposed to get Type-0 treatment years ago after the announcement of the Remake and before Part 1 get released.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would throw all the money at Squeenix if they remade Crisis Core using the FFVIIR assets, but they need to get the original cast back. Rick Gomez and George Newbern are still the definitive voices for Zack and Sephiroth. 🤔

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't mind a remake, because there is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nonsense to improve. A port of some kind would leave a lot of folks with nostalgia goggles super disappointed, because that game has held up poorly.
The game wasn't even great when it released. I have played a little bit recently and yeah it's not held up well.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
The story of CC is a perfect example of Anime Just Be Doin Shit, but I was soo impressed with Zack's characterization, the humanizing of Sephiroth, and general interpersonal interactions.

Genesis felt like a bad OC and I really don't think the game would lose anything by cutting him out.

One thing I just was a little disappointed by is the lack of Cloud/Zack buildup. I feel like we missed out on seeing a core of their relationship, so their bond didn't feel super deep or believable to me. If it's ever remade, I hope they delve a lot deeper into the foundations of their friendship.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Mediocre game with nonsensical mechanics and a god awful plot. At least it had a nice soundtrack.

I was so excited the day I bought it and after a couple hours I couldn't believe how hollow it was.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
As a few folk have mentioned, unless they wipe out anything Gackt related from the game it's not gonna happen.

The game definitely needs some tweaks all round though.