• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I personally would not go in and expect a game. most likely they will do a tech demo like when the PS4 was revealed just to keep themselves relevant to the new generation.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
7c6.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Can I know why people still want Agni's Philosophy

A Western studio was behind the art design IIRC and it shows

It's basically Call of Duty enemies with a generic mix of Middle East and sci-fi and magic with a Coca-Cola bottle

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I know why people still want Agni's Philosophy

A Western studio was behind the art design IIRC and it shows

It's basically Call of Duty enemies with a generic mix of Middle East and sci-fi and magic with a Coca-Cola bottle
People are more into the world and setting. I doubt people care about the characters shown in the trailer for their breathtaking story or personality.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly expect nothing from them other than maybe a new IP.
If they announce a new FF I also don't think it's a new mainline, singleplayer Final Fantasy but the next gen MMORPG FF.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly expect nothing from them other than maybe a new IP.
If they announce a new FF I also don't think it's a new mainline, singleplayer Final Fantasy but the next gen MMORPG FF.

There's not going to be yet another MMO when XIV still has great subscriber numbers, ports to next-gen consoles in the works, and 2 more expansions at least in its tank. Shadowbringers reached an all time high in active accounts, the game isn't in its decline yet.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I expect nothing, SE are mediocre at game development there is always problems leading to massively extended dev time, FF7 Part 2 will probs release at the end of ps5 life they're that bad.

Ashame as they've made some of my favourite games ever.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Some remakes or new entries of the back catalog of franchises would be nice. You got stuff like Chrono, Lufia, Ogre Battle, Soul Blazer, etc., just sitting there.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
-KHIII ReMind next-gen SKU;
-FFVIIR next-gen upgrade patch w/ new content: new coliseum challenges, story theatre, hard mode from the beginning, boss rush mode, fixes;
-Final Fantasy XVI : developed by CBU3 with YoshiP as producer; running on UE4, and because Jeff Grubb, who has proven to be trustworthy, said Sony wants games running on an actual PS5 I expect an in-engine trailer or, considering it has been in development since 2017 and is being produced by someone who is known for having his shit together, even some gameplay snippets

If not FFXVI, then it's Luminous Studios New IP.

But SE is definitely gonna be there with some next-gen stuff.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
-KHIII ReMind next-gen SKU;
-FFVIIR next-gen upgrade patch w/ new content: new coliseum challenges, story theatre, hard mode from the beginning, boss rush mode, fixes;
-Final Fantasy XVI : developed by CBU3 with YoshiP as producer; running on UE4, and because Jeff Grubb, who has proven to be trustworthy, said Sony wants games running on an actual PS5 I expect an in-engine trailer or, considering it has been in development since 2017 and is being produced by someone who is known for having his shit together, even some gameplay snippets

If not FFXVI, then it's Luminous Studios New IP.

But SE is definitely gonna be there with some next-gen stuff.

I'm kinda doubtful of any current-gen remaster port showing up at all, except for the big PS4 exclusives like TLOU and GoT where people are interested in knowing if there's some kind of backwards compatibility enhancement. If there are going to be new SKUs for current gen games, I imagine they'll get announced in a separate place.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...

I'm still curious what the heck Yuji Naka is working on at Square Enix. So wonder if that'll show up. I expect some of their Western branches (Eidos part) potentially, but I'd absolutely like to see some of their Japanese side stuff.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Give me something new on the FFVIIR front. I know it's not reasonable and I literally just ate but I want it so bad

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They will probably show
Whatever Yoshida's division is making. (He is not the director but producer)
Luminous Productions game teaser
Guardians of the Galaxy Game
Maybe something else.
Not sure if they will show off remasters and ports.
We might get a FFVII2 now in production teaser I guess.

Something inside that is planned for 2021. They basically have nothing announced for 2021 for Sony at this point, maybe just Babylon Fall.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Avengers has been cooking for so long already that I forgot Guardians of the Galaxy was still a thing.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I don't except anything honeslty, i don't care about sequels of AAA games like god of war or horizon! While i'm excepting bloodborne and demon's soul, as much as i like these game, they're just remake/remaster so i won't be super hyped for it anyway when they'll show them!

all i want is some totally new game from a dev that i like, or seeing gameplay of elden ring

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't except anything honeslty, i don't care about sequels of AAA games like god of war or horizon! While i'm excepting bloodborne and demon's soul, as much as i like these game, they're just remake/remaster so i won't be super hyped for it anyway when they'll show them!

all i want is some totally new game from a dev that i like, or seeing gameplay of elden ring
But none of these are Square Enix games

Oct 31, 2017
They're going to announce that an employee managed to create a super intelligent AI that was able to finish the rest of Remake and they'll give us a trailer for Part 2 which is due for release this Winter

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to say this but this is my imo what i expect :
- The same controller layout which is still not done. (broken dpad, misplaced analog sticks.
But with a better shape design (aka google stadia)
- Overpriced
- Disappointment leap in gfx
- Low input on new games for launch

Again that's what i expect, hopefull they prove me wrong on this.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I expect them to announce a bigger title there thats closer than many people expect because I think SE changed their approach in that regard.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to say this but this is my imo what i expect :
- The same controller layout which is still not done. (broken dpad, misplaced analog sticks.
But with a better shape design (aka google stadia)
- Overpriced
- Disappointment leap in gfx
- Low input on new games for launch

Again that's what i expect, hopefull they prove me wrong on this.

Are you guys mixing up the PS5 thread for the Square Enix thread.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
I expect nothing from SE.

As OP said, FFVIIR and KH3 DLC are recent enough to not to be ready to announce new stuff.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

Unreal Engine 4.23 - Speedtree - Substance Designer(Sorry, no audio)UE4 Plugins :- VICODynamics by VICO Game Studio LLC- Custom Lens Flare VFX by Artyom Cher...

Next gen graphics. I hope that they show real gameplay footage. I don't care too much about the specs unless they have something special to show that will change the gaming indrustry again, but thats not sony their focus. So for me it's all about the graphics.

Also the price will and should be between 300 and 500 I think.

Disappointment -> controller, dpad still buttons and the 3d stick should be there instead, we are not ps1 anymore where the games are mostly 2d.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
As unlikely as it is, something Parasite Eve related or a Vagrant Story remake would make my evening.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I expect to see that Malcom in the Middle "expected nothing but still disappointed" gif to be posted here.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
At best? Some sort of remaster. Neither FFXVI or FFVII2 are ready to show off or tease as both are years away. I couly see a FFVII 1 ps5 version being announced, but not much else.