• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
My issue isn't with the existence of a remake. My issue is with Square apparently deciding they're going to slice the story up into a bunch of full-price chunks and then stopping the first part of the game six hours into the fucking story.

If Part 1 ended at Junon or the Temple of the Ancients, whatever. But if Midgar is where they're stopping now, that means they're probably gonna do the same thing for everything up to Junon, and then everything up to Nibelheim, and then everything up to the Temple of the Ancients. They're bailing out of the first episode before the player even gets to the goddamn overworld!

This has gone from "hey sorry we just don't have the resources to do the whole story justice in one go" to "bloat the shit out of everything because we know you'll buy it anyway".

If it's still fun and a good game I don't see the issue in making this into a multi-game series.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm still not convince it's Midgar only as first part. I have just looked back and he said 'We need two blu rays , Midgar is one blu ray'

So does that mean two games and first game is Midgar or the first part is two blu rays and the first blu ray contains all of Midgar

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Meh I might be alone in this but SE has in their past incompetence conditioned me to care less when it comes to their progress and output lol

how expensive it'll end up being to buy all the episodes really doesn't bother me much but as it is, i get being put off by that.

I will buy anyway, but it's a bummer :p

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My issue isn't with the existence of a remake. My issue is with Square apparently deciding they're going to slice the story up into a bunch of full-price chunks and then stopping the first part of the game six hours into the fucking story

Yes clearly the story is going to be identical and the game is going to be six hours long. You cant be stupid enough to believe what youre typing.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square is doing much better this year just going straight to the trailers/gameplay. There is still some cringey gamer stuff, but whatever.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*
Fine.

giphy.gif
LOL perfect

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
ORANGE MOCHA FRAPPUCINO!

Only way I get hyped for SQE Music is another Theatrhythm. I NEED THEATRHYTHM SWITCH.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting Square Enix to have the best conference in terms of showing gameplay.

What a pleasant surprise

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn 329.99 for the collector's... nah man I'm good. I will be coping that Deluxe edition since it has what i really want.