• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want one piece of substantial DLC, story-focused. I don't know what, but just give it to me.

Oct 27, 2017
The relevant parts :

Q: How satisfied are you with initially having sold 3.5 million units of "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE?" Do you have any plans to offer it on additional platforms?
A: We are pleased that we were able to top 3.5 million units given that we chose to produce and ship fewer physical disks due to the impact that we foresaw from the coronavirus outbreak. Disk sales were lower than we had initially anticipated, but growth in digital sales increased their percentage of the whole, which we expect to lead to a better gross margin. We will refrain from commenting on the possibility of offering the title on additional platforms for now.

Q: Do you have any initiatives planned to grow additional sales of "FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE?"
A: Capturing new players is key. I will refrain from going into the details, but we have plans for initiatives to capture players throughout the year, so please keep an eye on our progress. I also note that we will not engage in any marketing strategy that relies solely on pricing.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious what plan they're having to let it "grow". It's as stand-alone as it gets, unless they put out gameplay based DLCs. Story is a lock until next episode, I would suppose.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't even planning on buying it, thought I'd just "wait until its all done". I ended up getting the deluxe version a week or two after release after good reviews, played the game every day for like a month and platinum'd it, and loved it. The story/characters in normal mode really sucked me in, the combat in hard mode really was fantastic.

The next chapter will definitely be a day one buy for me.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
DLC with
the alternative timeline with Zack being the hero?

Hopefully it's not DLC, just work on part 2. Hope they do a PS5 patch though it could be good for sales of early adopters that haven't gotten the game yet.

The answer regarding the physical copies is weird. He first says that they decided to produce and ship less physical copies because of Covid but later mentions that physical sales were lower than anticipated, which is weird cosidering the game was sold out in a lot of regions.

Last edited:

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sounds like the most likely scenario would be to continue grow through DLC if they're not planning on discounts or sales. Glad to see that they're happy with the sales performance so far.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That and other platforms once exclusivity deals have passed

With how next gen consoles are backwards compatible, I wonder if SE would be bold enough to release a definitive PS5 version this year

I hate myself for this, but if SE does release a definite edition, and it runs at 4k/60 on PS5, I would buy it again.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would rather they avoided DLC and just focused on getting part 2 out sooner.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I would rather they avoided DLC and just focused on getting part 2 out sooner.

Game development doesn''t work that way. Most tasks are not easily divisible and the team working on Part 2 is likely already stacked while another separate team does live service for FF7R.

One woman can make a baby in 9 months. Nine women can't make a baby in 1 month.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
The only kind of DLC that seems like a good idea to me is some kind of endless arena mode (assuming that doesn't exist already and I just haven't unlocked it yet).

Extra story DLC seems like a waste of effort that could go towards part 2, and adding extra padding to a game whose story is already filled with (mostly good) padding just feels really unnecessary.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's franchise again basically.

It's already way better than the original Compilation of FFVII nonsense. The quality standards for that stuff was so low. FFVIIR was not a perfect game but it's a much better product than their previous attempts.

Rods

May 1, 2020
Great news. Hope they get even more time, money and leeway in the creation of future parts.

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I'll take either a Zack related DLC and photo mode till Pt 2 releases. Also wish they'd give an update on sales since the 3.5 was only the first three days.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Probably ports, dlc, something for mobile and something for XIV. Interesting that they sort of indicate price drops aren't part of it though.