• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whichsquare remake do you want the most?

• Final Fantasy 6

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • Chrono Trigger

Votes: 479 29.8%
  • Xenogears

Votes: 285 17.7%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

Votes: 207 12.9%
  • Parasite Eve

Votes: 168 10.5%
  • Soul Reaver

Votes: 143 8.9%
  • Valkyrie Profile

Votes: 75 4.7%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this has me worried that we not get localizations of singular entree titles like LiveALive or Terranigma

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
The Secret Of Mana remake and other stuff like that must have done pretty well for them for them to double down on these revivals.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Chrono Trigger doesn't really need a remake, as I think it's beautiful for what it is. Cross definitely needs a remaster that expands the story and links things together a bit better. Honestly something at the level of the Trigger DS port with some remastering akin to the FF VIII remaster would be fantastic.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions HD Remastered
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together HD Remastered
Collection of Gaia

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Xenogears is my favourite game of all time next to Xenosaga. If a remake happened my life would be complete gaming wise.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Matsuda!

If bringing back older games, then they need to get the FF7 remake treatment or Im not interested.

Do FFVI next please. Its a way better FF than FF7

Sep 7, 2018
That doesn't leave many options. From their own stuff really only FF and DQ are huge and Tomb Raider/Deus Ex from their acquisition of Eidos, but I might argue that Deus Ex isn't that popular. I would love to see a couple games get reboots or sequels, but they're not popular.

Oct 25, 2017
XENOGEARS.

Chrono and Parasite Eve I'd rather just get new mainline sequels. FFT would be nice I guess, but maybe we can start with a clean port for it on modern consoles 1st. FF6 remake would be cool BUT MAKE GAMEPLAY LOOK LIKE AMANO ART.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Well, SaGa and Mana are both like, fully back now (Star Ocean a little bit, too?), so I believe it. I also believe it's easier said than done for a lot of properties (like Chrono Trigger) considering the former two still have staff like Kawazu continuing to champion the series.

I do totally believe him, but I think some people in this thread should chill a bit. If there's no staff internally who wants to work on something, then it's not the priority.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Trigger is a remake that's aged so well it could just have a Link's Awakening style remake and still get 9s and 10s.
For actual features and content, it needs a hard mode the most. Maaaaybe new combat mechanics to add depth.

Just... rebalance the DS content.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
Can we get a sequel to Vagrant Story please?
literally came in here to say that

WavyHugeCalf-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just saying again that the reason there's no gex,vagrant, deus ex, musashi, front mission etc, is that there's a limit of options to the poll.

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
Xenogears. This game deserves a revival the most. Even in term of re-releases it didn't get the same treatment as the rest in the list. I still don't know why they don't re-release Xenogears on modern hardwares it's mind boggling

Oct 29, 2017
Square, I know United Front is gone and the game didn't sell as well as we hoped......

.......but for the love of all that is sacred, make Sleeping Dogs 2 a thing!!!

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Xenogears was so ambitious while also being so flawed which makes it one of the few games I'd rather have a remake of instead of a sequel.

Can we get a sequel to Vagrant Story please?

It's a completely different company and IP, but Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter reminds me of an improved Vagrant Story.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'll never give up on Chrono 3.

"we want to revive the series"

with a cheap budget.

I can't see this lasting long
I'm fine with that. Trials of Mana remake looks incredible. Definitely the more appealing option over a FF7R situation for all of their classics (incredibly long development cycle spanning multiple generations, broken up into multiple parts, arguably too much of a deviation from the original). I'd be over the moon if all of my favorite 90s Squaresoft/Enix games were given the budget/scope of Trials of Mana.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is Fear Effect remake, the one officially announced, shown a bit last year but absent from E3.

Meant to be a 2019 title