• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whichsquare remake do you want the most?

• Final Fantasy 6

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • Chrono Trigger

Votes: 479 29.8%
  • Xenogears

Votes: 285 17.7%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

Votes: 207 12.9%
  • Parasite Eve

Votes: 168 10.5%
  • Soul Reaver

Votes: 143 8.9%
  • Valkyrie Profile

Votes: 75 4.7%

• Total voters

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
"But it is true that each of the individual games will be released as independent games. That's how the development team is making them. And so for that reason, I'd like for you to think of them as something you can play as standalone and itself contains a game and I think that they will be worth playing in that way."

Mmm reading this, I don't know if you'll be able to transfer your save from Remake 1 to 2 more than for getting some items and rewards. You probably just start every game with a representative lvl and some skills.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
If Square can make a deal or make an engine run like Atlas' for the character models, Chrono Trigger is a no brainer. We've already been able to see amazingly high quality Toriyama designs with Fighterz. Give me that for Chrono and the gang and I'll buy that day zero.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soraya Saga also works for Monolith though and has been involved in all of his post gears stuff as well

Her Wiki page might be full of shit but she's listed as freelance, doesn't have credits on all his projects, and her credit for Xenoblade 2 is guest artist where as she was the scenario writer on Gears.

Edit: I also don't think she's responsible for the gameplay of his later titles which I don't care for.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I think Parasite Eve has the most to gain from a remake out of the poll options. Or probably Xenogears, because the game was barely finished.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Her Wiki page might be full of shit but she's listed as freelance, doesn't have credits on all his projects, and her credit for Xenoblade 2 is guest artist where as she was the scenario writer on Gears.
That's fair, but she also doesn't have any credits on any project he wasn't involved in since their marriage regardless

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't we have that trademark registration for Parasite Eve appearing sometime before E3?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a plan to bring the series back somehow.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Of the listed, Parasite Eve, if only because VP doesn't really need a remake, IMO. I'd take a remaster for VP2, though.

Of my wants, I would love a remake of SaGa Frontier that fixes the bugs and is the complete planned game. So much was cut. Hell, make it look like the Trials of Mana remake and you've got a day one sell.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

or
tumblr_otwqz3VHYw1wwrgomo1_400.gif

... Give me both.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm not sure that as a Western brand is worth much at this point either.
It's not worth now , but after the world collectively grew tired of Tomb raider and even the "surefire" Avengers game is more or less a meme right now, they should bite the bullet and return to what they do well and revive that series as SE's answer to The Witcher.

Legacy of Kain got pedigree. It had it, and it still has it, and the same can't be said of literally any other western SE brand.

They can do it. They just won't, because they're deeense.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the poll in the OP referring to a "remake" like Final Fantasy 7 is getting, or a "remaster" or "reissue" (better term IMO) like Final Fantasy 8 is getting?

Oct 25, 2017
They are rushing to jump on this subscription train, in case ppl were wondering why they are being so nice all of a sudden

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I think Xenogears gets a reboot, Final Fantasy Tactics gets a new title, and Chrono Trigger and FFVI get ports to current consoles. I think Chrono Trigger gets a straight port of the PC version. I'd hope we get a remake of FFVI but i'm thinking we might get a FF I-VI collection like the mana series but it'll be $60 instead of $40. I'm honestly surprised these games haven't been re-released yet on consoles.

I could see chrono series getting a reboot too but it feels very far away.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's FInal Fantasy Tactics for me fam. Still feels weird we haven't seen ANYTHING in the space since the (just ok) DS ones. Fire Emblem has just eaten its lunch, and I'd like to see a new Tactics game.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
A Chrono Trigger/Cross remake in the same vein as Dragon Quest 11 would be nice. Cross needs it more than Trigger though. Honestly, I'd love for Square and Nintendo to work on a new Super Mario RPG.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This was a tough poll. The top three are all worthy, but I chose Xenogears since it actually looks the worst today out of the three.

It's FInal Fantasy Tactics for me fam. Still feels weird we haven't seen ANYTHING in the space since the (just ok) DS ones. Fire Emblem has just eaten its lunch, and I'd like to see a new Tactics game.

Probably the PS1 game I've replayed the most too. Would rather they actually just made a FF2 though, since the PS1 and PSP games still look relatively good on PC.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I could settle for FFT:WOTL just getting a modern home port and fixing the issues left in it. I just need it on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
I picked Chrono Trigger because I can see them doing a good job on it based off what we've seen of the SD3 remake. They'd never be able to do Xenogears justice. Not sure if they'd be able to pull off a Tactics remake, but I'd be curious.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like an actual perfect version of FFVI please.
Its absurd how every version is compromised in some way.