• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whichsquare remake do you want the most?

• Final Fantasy 6

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • Chrono Trigger

Votes: 479 29.8%
  • Xenogears

Votes: 285 17.7%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

Votes: 207 12.9%
  • Parasite Eve

Votes: 168 10.5%
  • Soul Reaver

Votes: 143 8.9%
  • Valkyrie Profile

Votes: 75 4.7%

• Total voters

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 plus a third one with Hrist please oh please oh please Square Enix I beg of you

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Gaia trilogy remake. It doesn't have to be big budget, I'd be happy if it's on the same level as the third Mana remake game.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Trigger/Cross or bust. The only Square(Enix) game I've ever given a shit about.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I just want a War of the Lions definitive edition I can play on Switch. Just...port the Android release over with cleaned up animations and framerate. That's all. I can't imagine that's too difficult unless you hate zenny, and hating zenny is firmly in Square's wheelhouse.

As for a remake, Xenogears needs it; the damn thing's unfinished, but either Monolithsoft makes it (and it ends up being a Switch exclusive LOOOOL) or idgaf

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
100% agreed.

Blood Omen Legacy of Kain could be remade wonderfully!

At this point I'll just settle for a GOG/Steam re-release of Blood Omen.
I adore that game, but because the PC version was published by Activision, and the IP was subject of a lawsuit between Silicon Knights and Crystal Dynamics, that PC version is languishing in legal hell.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to choose more but I settled for Valkyrie Profile which is actually feasible if they give a proper budget.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're all ignoring the fact that FF Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile and others HAVE been put on modern platforms. Just not the platform you want.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Remasters are whatever. Non-FF remakes? Nah, I'm good, thanks.

I have absolutely no reason to want a Xenogears remake with no one who worked on it even at the company anymore.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Chrono Trigger still looks good, and will always look good. It doesn't need a remaster or remake.

At least not as urgently as XENOGEARS. I would gladly pay $666 for a Xenogears remaster (a Remake would be impossible).

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm willing to bet the sales of FF remasters on Xbox and especially switch opened their eyes alot and realized they didn't have to make stuff exclusively for sony
We're talking about a company that didn't know that people wanted trials of Mana before working on the remake project!
It's safe to say they have a pretty japanese centric view of the market.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I feel obligated to vote for Xenogears, as unfeasible as it is, but realistically want to see Parasite Eve and a new Chrono installment.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Chrono but only if they leave the original untouched. I need a FFVIII style remaster of Cross though.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Brave Fencer Musashi

Only the ps1 game (not the trash sequel)

I know it's only one game but do it

For the poll options parasite eve or chrono trigger

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With The Hero in Smash and Dragon Quest 11 getting such a huge push, there is no reason for there not to be a new Fortune Street on Switch.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Trigger, FF6, Soul Reaver for sure.
Vagrant Story not on the list should is a sin.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chrono Trigger. Considered the best RPG created and Square would rather shit out another mediocre FF title.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I want to clarify: I do NOT want a 3D-fication of Blood Omen 1.

You can upscale the resolution, but for the love of God, keep it a 2D Zelda top-down look.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want a FFT remake, I want a new game (same goes for Chrono). So my pick would be FF6, but it would have to be a slightly less expensive Nintendo equivalent to FF7R.

If we're strictly talking lower-budget remakes a la Trials of Mana, Terranigma would be a good choice.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Soul Reaver for US/EU series revival. Chrono for JP series revival.

Man, I've been wanting to see Raziel and Kain revisioned in HD for so long. The day it (eventually??) happens, I am going to legit lose my mind.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I mean, if they'd be so kind as to get their hands on some of that completely free AI texture up-scaling tech (ESRGAN) and HD texture packs for FFVII-IX, that'd be swell. I mean, if modders can do this in their free time then:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do.

I don't think I've really enjoyed any of his post Gears work remotely as much. Hire his wife who worked on the story back, and someone who won't try to turn the UI into a WoW healer in a fucking raid and we could probably be gucci.
Soraya Saga also works for Monolith though and has been involved in all of his post gears stuff as well

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Tactics please for the love of god bring back FF:Tactics. A switch port of War of the Lions would be amazing and hey, maybe make a new one too!