• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
That's good that I (probably) won't have to buy a new platform for FFVII Remake Ep. 2, though part of me wishes they would make it a next-gen exclusive and just put in the rest of the game.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Don't really mind this at all, though I was hoping for a sooner-than-expected FFXVI.

I could see us getting things like World of FInal Fantasy 2 cross-platform, though. I'm half expecting it to be a similar situation to how a lot of Japanese games were crossplatform with the Vita.

I could also see plans changing if the PS5/XSX blow up in terms of sales - kinda like how Nintendo promised we'd be getting 3DS games for years then sales started stagnating hard and they seemingly put an end to that initiative. Not as likely though given the hardware is more similar.

Whirlpool

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I misreading? Why are people taking this as FFXVI being a long ways off?

It looks like they're just saying that they're just saying that you aren't going to see an exclusively next-gen game for a while. FFXVI could theoritically still be around the corner and also be next-gen + current gen.

Which, I doubt it because, ya know, SE.