• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Thanks for all the information, can't wait until we see the game in two weeks' time.

So it seems to generally be a team co-op campaign, which is not unexpected. But it kinda brings up the question of what kind of endgame (lol) there is, because it seems like a pretty straightforward campaign experience. I guess there are some activities in each zone if it's KH-like.

Interesting

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Posted?
82rbda9myb131.jpg

Sounds like a beat em up.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why the game description has suddenly turned opinions negatively. This is exactly what the game has been alluded to all this time.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remove the Crystal Dynamics part and itd fit as a description for Ultimate Alliance.

So it really doesnt tell much.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Aw man, here I was thinking Ultimate Alliance 3 was "the" MCU title showcased at E3, but once again a Switch project gets Christina Aguilera'd :(
I mean it's still a Nintendo exclusive will likely get a hype trailer in the direct and has the entire marvel universe in reach along with treehouse coverage/hours of footage and a floor demo that will result in good word of mouth and general hype with it releasing the month after. While the avengers game will have a trailer and some controlled footage(but likely not on treehouse level of footage/press coverage) and the general public won't have access to it for a year. Mua3 is still getting more out of e3

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It all fits with yesterday's rumors. If it keeps going this way, this might be a big hit.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not disappointed if it turns out to be a game like what was being hinted at earlier. RPG-elements, lots of different environments, essentially Ultimate Alliance but on a more powerful system? Yeah, that's fine with me.

Aprikurt

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like a beat em up.
You know what? Good. I don't need an Arkham style reinvention or a Spider-Man level storytelling experience. I need the Avengers version of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
51K2G0MZAGL.jpg

We're talking combos, action set pieces based on scenes from each of the 22 films, a selection of playable characters and local co-op. Give me what I want.

You can add in costumes, health packs, and combat challenge maps or what the hell ever, because you know SE will anyway.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean doesn't sound like mua to me at all. Mua is an expansive roster with the ability to swap between a team of four characters at will(or let someone join in, and the ability to change up your lineup in the level) in relatively linear levels of long length while traveling through the entire marvel universe and letting a variety of characters from all over along the way.

Meanwhile from the tiniest bit of info we have here with this you choose one character then go into an one of a handful of open areas and accomplish a goal with as a single character from a small roster with some other people(most likely online only no same screen) and go moving around a large area with a limited number of locales.
Sounds more like Borderlands to me without the loot and with more areas

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I mean doesn't sound like mua to me at all. Mua is an expansive roster with the ability to swap between a team of four characters at will(or let someone join in, and the ability to change up your lineup in the level) in relatively linear levels of long length while traveling through the entire marvel universe and letting a variety of characters from all over along the way.

Meanwhile from the tiniest bit of info we have here with this you choose one character then go into an one of a handful of open areas and accomplish a goal with as a single character from a small roster with some other people(most likely online only no same screen) and go moving around a large area with a limited number of locales.
Sounds more like Borderlands to me without the loot and with more areas

You're probably spot-on. Borderlands seems a fine comparison from the little info we have.

Sargerus

â–² Legend â–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're correct. I'd never intentionally lie to any of you guys. Obviously, things are subject to change throughout development, but I can confidently state the following details.

-Kamala Khan will 100% be a central protagonist in Avengers Project. The Avengers have been disbanded for a while (due to a "catastrophic" event) and she will play an integral role in reassembling the team.
-Heavy story focus throughout (drawing moreso from comics vs MCU)
-Can be played entirely SOLO with you controlling 1 character and AI taking over the remaining 1-3. Up to 4 player co-op with friends (this # hasn't changed last I heard).
-Crashed Helicarrier will serve as your main hub.
-Kingdom Hearts-like world/level design. Think multiple large worlds/levels vs 1 huge open world map. The levels are large enough to accomodate flight based characters.
-There's definitely no "loot" like you'd find in your typical looter shooter (common - legendary drops). Everything is mostly powers based, hence the character skill trees. For example, you won't be finding Iron Man thrusters of different rarities throughout the map.
-Unless it's changed, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and Hulk will make up the team build early on in the game (story reason).

There are 1 or 2 spoilery story details that I'm keeping for myself (wouldn't want to ruin it for you guys), but that's the majority of it.
I like this a lot. Specially on being more inspired on the Comics instead of the MCU.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I have no clue where they are heading with this. I'm very excited for MUA3, and cautiously optimistic with this. I just don't think they can screw up something as big as this.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get a good story with this. Crossing my fingers for no Infinity Stones, since even though I love Infinity War and Endgame, I'd want this to feel fresh.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Literally the only part that sounds like MUA is the team of four aspect.

The gameplay could be completely different.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
It features co-op play with customizable heroes. Of course art style may be different and combat spaces might not be restricted to arenas and there is going to be a different story. Point is, it will be fun for folks who have friends but that excludes me.
But the single player is supposed to be deep. You might still enjoy it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It features co-op play with customizable heroes. Of course art style may be different and combat spaces might not be restricted to arenas and there is going to be a different story. Point is, it will be fun for folks who have friends but that excludes me.

I definitely played Ultimate Alliance by myself. One of my favorite PS2 titles.