• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It better be multi-platform. I don't expect it on the Switch, but it'll be absurd if it's not on Xbox. I had enough with Square Enix's PS4 console exclusives. Avengers is a big brand that should do well on any platforms it's on, so I really hope SE won't be dumb with this.
Same.Still curious as to why that Babylon game by platinum and square is exclusive. Did xbox simply not deserve it?

I hope they show more of it though.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
giphy.gif

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Excited to finally see this game!

I think this will likely be Sony marketed with PS4 Spider-Man costume or the entire character exclusive to PS4.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine this game will be some sort of online game. Like Avengers tower/mansion serves as the main hub and you can team up with your friends (up to 4) and go out on missions. I don't see there being a robust cast of playable characters though. Maybe only the 4 in the announcement trailer. Has there been any leaks to suggest otherwise?

You can stop assuming, it's real.
I'll share a funny story of how I came across this info once it's announced (not this E3, I think) ^^
I know the game is real, I was just guessing on the title.

Now that this is sure to be at E3, I hope WB announces one of their DC games. It would be great to see these two go head to head.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
The Square Enix showcase is looking to be so much fun this year!

Remind me, we're expecting this to be some sort of Destiny esc live service game, right?

If the core gameplay loop is satisfying, with the Marvel property, I think we could have a very exciting game.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I hope this game is gonna great but it doesn't condemn all of western SE studios (Specially Crystal Dynamics) to make multiplayer superhero games for all eternity.

Even Activision is diversifying between live services and SP games; I'd love to see Legacy of kain take its place as SE's western prestige action adventure series.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh going to be SE Avengers vs Mua3 hunh? Then again one is likely just a trailer that may or may not have gameplay depending on how far out it is(well hopefully it has gameplay) while the other will likely have a major new team reveal trailer, several hours of treehouse and press gameplay and a floor demo. I wish the best to both, but I kinda doubt this will overshadow Mua3 by a long shot especially since that releases a month after e3, and definitely has the bigger roster
Yeah, plus Square Enix Avengers will probably be only a CGI reveal trailer. MUA3 will stand on his own.

But as Mello said, that won't people online making graphical comparisons regardless AND be like, "wHEN'S thE REAL marveL gAme COmiNg OuT", "pSp", and "i dIDn't kNoW THe OT wAs OnlY FOR posiTivE reActIONs". :'v

Gonna be blood if this really is a Destiny ripoff where you play as a SHIELD agent
Then gimme the chance to play as Quake and Leo Fitz and we're talking! :D

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game is gonna great but it doesn't condemn all of western SE studios (Specially Crystal Dynamics) to make multiplayer superhero games for all eternity.

Even Activision is diversifying between live services and SP games; I'd love to see Legacy of kain take its place as SE's western prestige action adventure series.
Agreed.

Then gimme the chance to play as Quake and Leo Fitz and we're talking! :D
Hell yeah!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Please be good. Also please show some gameplay. Also please be good.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
OH BABY

MEGATONS KEEP DROPPING

THE E3 HYPE TRAIN IS FUCKING ROLLING

NO PRESSURE SQUARE JUST HAVE TO FOLLOW SPIDEY PS4 AND AVENGERS ENDGAME

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
If this is avengers monster hunter with multi I'm def in.

Between this and mua3 I just need mvc back.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
This is most likely a GaaS multiplayer focused game. Don't hold your breathe for a Spiderman 2.0.

It's not.

They didn't hire one of the head writers from Naughty Dog and the combat director from God of War for some shitty GaaS multiplayer focused experience.

Single player will be the focus. Spider-Man 2.0 with Thor throwing around his hammer like Kratos. and hulk. and cap. and iron man.

and more

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not.

They didn't hire one of the head writers from Naughty Dog and the combat director from God of War for some shitty GaaS multiplayer focused experience.

Single player will be the focus. Spider-Man 2.0 with Thor throwing around his hammer like Kratos. and hulk. and cap. and iron man.

and more

It'll be both

Jul 13, 2018
It's not.

and more
^ Finally, someone who understands. It's gonna be a narrative focused title that can be played entirely single-player with AI teammates (I can't stress the story focus enough). It will however allow up to 4 player co-op with friends.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I'm really surprised at the massive amounts of hype around here for this reveal. Did I just flat out miss all information on this project? Because I'm completely clueless as to what it's supposed to be or why everyone's chomping at the bit for it.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Based on this tweet from Geoff Keighley, we can most likely expect some look at gameplay. He's holding a showcase for the game on Tuesday, June 11th.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm really surprised at the massive amounts of hype around here for this reveal. Did I just flat out miss all information on this project? Because I'm completely clueless as to what it's supposed to be or why everyone's chomping at the bit for it.
There is no official info other than it's an avengers game by one of square enix's Subteams in the west. And of course the expectations of shiny graphics

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
0 hype for this one, not entirely sure what to expect.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely interested in finding out what this actually will be... but I am not getting my hopes up that it will be something I'll end up enjoying.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

And there ain't nothing wrong with that, as long as the single player is the focus. See: Red Dead Redemption 2

Square could fuck it up, but lets hope they don't.

^ Finally, someone who understands. It's gonna be a narrative focused title that can be played entirely single-player with AI teammates (I can't stress the story focus enough). It will however allow up to 4 player co-op with friends.

🔥