• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because it brings more people to Xbox that's why? Sure people hate exclusives, but their a part of the industry. And almost every other recent Marvel release is exclusive to one platform so why not this too.
I think the only reason Ultimate Alliance 3 is even happening is because Nintendo is directly funding it's creation as an exclusive? It's not like it was made an exclusive out of some love for every system to have their own unique Marvel game. Unless Microsoft had an active role in the creation of SE's Avengers, I see no reason it should be exclusive, especially if the only reason was because MS bought rights for it to be an exclusive.

The less third-party exclusives there are out of money-hatting, the better. It's Microsoft's responsibility to make games that appeal to enough people to purchase their console, either by making them themselves or funding other studios to make games for them. Buying rights for an intended multiplat game would do little more than piss people off, and I doubt it'd do them much good this late in the generation anyway.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Presumably it will have core design features in common with Tomb Raider. I hope it centers on one or two characters rather than trying to do too many things in one game (*smoke* like the movies).

They've already got good bow/arrow mechanics, and I could see them doing fun stuff with Captain America. If they try to add in Iron Man's abilities along with Hulk, Spiderman, Strange, etc I think they'd all suffer for it.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Because Nintendo makes stupid choices, and Sony is ego filled so I'd rather it go to a company which currently their goals aren't as monetary filled.

I'm pretty sure Marvel didn't fund Insomniac unless I'm wrong.
You misread what I said Sony funded spiderman which is why its exclusive

Unless Microsoft did the same for avengers it doesn't benefit square at all to make it exclusive

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Because Nintendo makes stupid choices, and Sony is ego filled so I'd rather it go to a company which currently their goals aren't as monetary filled.

tenor.gif

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Tomb Raider reboot is anything to go by, this will be technically sound and polished but super generic with a general lack of tonal and narrative cohesion. (Of course, I don't know how much overlap there is between the Tomb Raider and Avengers teams.)

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if its there any kind of exclusive deal (i doubt), it will be a temp exclusive
i'm curious about the gameplay of this game

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I think the only reason Ultimate Alliance 3 is even happening is because Nintendo is directly funding it's creation as an exclusive? It's not like it was made an exclusive out of some love for every system to have their own unique Marvel game. Unless Microsoft had an active role in it's creation, I see no reason it should be exclusive, especially if the only reason was cause MS bought rights for it to be an exclusive.

The less third-party exclusives there are out of money-hatting, the better. It's Microsoft's responsibility to make games that appeal to enough people to purchase their console, either by making them themselves or funding other studios to make games for them. Buying rights for an intended multiplat game would do little more than piss people off, and I doubt it'd do them much good this late in the generation anyway.
Yeah the G.I. interview revealed Nintendo went with the switch to marvel games before the console was revealed wanting to do a marvel game for it and marvel realized a new mua would be a Perfect fit, then Nintendo talked to Koei Tecmo due to their strong relationship and decided they'd be a good fit and then made the agreements there. Nintendo is very much the active producer manager on the project, they just didn't have an internal team available that was a good fit

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I pray it's not a stupid GaaS or F2P game but honestly I'm so deep into the IP I'll take anything so I'm definitely part of the problem here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE Y'ALL 3000
I was in the gym when it was announced, I almost twerked in front of everybody
I've been waiting for this moment for almost 3 years, and now, it's almost time to finally reassemble! I can't wait, I don't know if I've ever been more excited (and nervous) to see a game than now

Putting that much hype into a game that is being made by Square-Enix is... risky.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So we have....

Marvel's Spider-Man
Marvel's Avengers
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (assuming)

Safe to say we might get a Marvel's X-Men in the future?

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the G.I. interview revealed Nintendo went with the switch to marvel games before the console was revealed wanting to do a marvel game for it and marvel realized a new mua would be a Perfect fit, then Nintendo talked to Koei Tecmo due to their strong relationship and decided they'd be a good fit and then made the agreements there. Nintendo is very much the active producer manager on the project, they just didn't have an internal team available that was a good fit
Cool, I was pretty sure it's creation was similar to a Bayo 2/3 type situation, but I was having trouble finding the exact info on it. It'd really make no sense for it to be Switch exclsuive otherwise, Ultimate Alliance used to be a popular multiplatform game originally.

But why that logo looks like it is from a mobile game lmao
AmrLa5H.png

I legit think the logo looks kinda bad. Maybe it was done to distinguish it from the films, but I think it's a bit too overdesigned, along with the letters too thin and spaced out. It really wasn't something that needed further iteration on.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully this is good. Around the quality of Spider-Man would be awesome, or even better! Great gameplay/combat, great story and great graphics are what I'm hoping for.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
It better be multi-platform. I don't expect it on the Switch, but it'll be absurd if it's not on Xbox. I had enough with Square Enix's PS4 console exclusives. Avengers is a big brand that should do well on any platforms it's on, so I really hope SE won't be dumb with this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Something to consider, SE has been upping its Nintendo support, what if the game is announced for all three major consoles

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
As long as its more of its own thing while using trending stories like MUA3 and less Marvel VS Capcom Infinite neuteted for the MCU, I'm in.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh can't wait. I do hope that the game play has something that appeals to me.

I don't envy any Marvel game dev that has to follow up Spider-Man PS4

Why? It's not like Spider-Man PS4 was an outstanding game that compels so much pressure. It was an average decent game, if the Avenger game can hit that and more then it will be fine.

That's a cool shot...made even better with the inclusion of Spider-Man.

Because Nintendo makes stupid choices, and Sony is ego filled so I'd rather it go to a company which currently their goals aren't as monetary filled. (I don't mean their not looking for money just that their not money hungry.)

lxaMlx8.gif

You are a very deluded person if you truly believe that Microsoft isn't as money hungry as the other twos.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
microsoft only wants to make a little bit of money not a lot of money. therefore they should have exclusivity

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense of the prime time slot, though I'm surprised it's not on the bigger MSFT stage. I wonder if Sony has marketing rights and otherwise it would've been on Sony's stage if they had one this year

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense of the prime time slot, though I'm surprised it's not on the bigger MSFT stage. I wonder if Sony has marketing rights and otherwise it would've been on Sony's stage if they had one this year

I could see a teaser trailer at MS ending with a "tune in tomorrow night for the full reveal"