• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was there any rumor about it being a GaaS type game?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
About damn fucking time. Still pissed at the teaser saying more info in 2018 then we got nothing at all and we're already almost halfway done with 2019 too.

It better be good, like Spidey PS4 good.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only one in this thread excited by the idea of "Destiny, but Marvel". lol

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but an Avengers focused one make Doom less likely. Kang would be possible but Doom still has a strongest tie with the Fantastic Four. Plus I'd expect a Mcu leaning villain

Nah it's got a lot more elements and is coming soon plus it has a clean artstyle that fits its genre and playtype and the massive roster always helps too. Plus Mua3 comes out sooner and will have a ton of info coming out of e3 while this will have a narrower focus
Perhaps, I think it will come and go. Once released its a 7/10 game and people will want a REAL game lol

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Please dont be like the Ultimate Alliance games, I personally have no interest in those games. Do we have an idea of the type of game this is supposed to be? Action adventure? An online Service game?

I can imagine this will be released when the movie hits Blu Ray or end of the year?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
If this isn't coming out on Xbox then someone at Marvel must really not like Microsoft.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Mildly interested if it's not GaaS/multiplaye. And best case: not MCU related. So probably not for me 🤭

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Without Bungie at the helm I would lower your expectations significantly if that is indeed what type of game this is.

I mean I just like games of that type in general, so I'm not opposed to the concept. I like ongoing stuff. And I trust Crystal Dynamics as I've enjoyed most of their stuff.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it brings more people to Xbox that's why? Sure people hate exclusives, but their a part of the industry. And almost every other recent Marvel release is exclusive to one platform so why not this too.
My point is why you want to bring more people to Xbox instead of having a game that can be played by more people?

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Because it brings more people to Xbox that's why? Sure people hate exclusives, but their a part of the industry. And almost every other recent Marvel release is exclusive to one platform so why not this too.
Lol I see unless Microsoft aided in funding square ain't making this exclusive it doesn't Benefit them in anyway

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's what Iron Man VR is for... Still can't believe they didn't use RDJ's likeness and voice though.

Idk what that game's budget is, but getting anything from RDJ would have been many, many, many factors bigger than whatever they could afford. lol

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if 'Marvel's' will end up being their shared universe brand, as opposed to Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Marvel vs. Capcom.

FantasyFreak07

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GYUuqgW.gif

Please be good.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Square Enix is going to try and sell this to an international audience. It's not an Xbox exclusive.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder if 'Marvel's' will end up being their shared universe brand, as opposed to Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Marvel vs. Capcom.
I kind of doubt that they'll go for a shared universe cross multiple different companies. At best, maybe SE's Avengers & Guardians could be in the same universe.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Perhaps, I think it will come and go. Once released its a 7/10 game and people will want a REAL game lol
I mean they are both real games, having a clean cel shaded artstyle doesn't make it any less a 'real' game. In fact they will likely both be solid games that bring their own thing to the market place. However Mua3 is likely to be an evergreen with long term support with the teams involved. It's already got a story and playable roster spanning the entire marvel universe while this has a more limited scope that brings something else to the table. Time will tell but Mua3 is looking to be a great experience especially with friends with a solid look and a fun adventure while we know nothing about this other than it may be pretty. Also at e3 Mua3 gets a full deep dive while this gets a trailer

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Same here! I love me some GaaS games but as Bioware has shown no matter how long you have to make a game it can still be a turd

Oh totally. But at least with BioWare we had warning signs with Inquisition being so-so (at least for me) and Andromeda being a train wreck.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (although a totally different type of game) was the last thing Crystal Dynamics made and it was one of my top games of the year when it came out. I think there's reason for optimism.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how MUA3 is any less of a real game.
Me either but people will. It already being criticized for its graphics even though they're fine.

I mean they are both real games, having a clean cel shaded artstyle doesn't make it any less a 'real' game. In fact they will likely both be solid games that bring their own thing to the market place. However Mua3 is likely to be an evergreen with long term support with the teams involved. It's already got a story and playable roster spanning the entire marvel universe while this has a more limited scope that brings something else to the table. Time will tell but Mua3 is looking to be a great experience especially with friends with a solid look and a fun adventure while we know nothing about this other than it may be pretty. Also at e3 Mua3 gets a full deep dive while this gets a trailer
I know just saying how trends go

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna be blood if this really is a Destiny ripoff where you play as a SHIELD agent

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I kind of doubt that they'll go for a shared universe cross multiple different companies. At best, maybe SE's Avengers & Guardians could be in the same universe.
In a recent interview Bill Roseman vp of marvel games said they are doing a shared marvel gamerverse label but they are letting each game be its own thing and universe so it isn't constrained by what's going on in an unrelated studio

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
User warned: System warring.
My point is why you want to bring more people to Xbox instead of having a game that can be played by more people?
Because Nintendo makes stupid choices, and Sony is ego filled so I'd rather it go to a company which currently their goals aren't as monetary filled. (I don't mean their not looking for money just that their not money hungry.)
Lol I see unless Microsoft aided in funding square ain't making this exclusive it doesn't Benefit them in anyway

I'm pretty sure Marvel didn't fund Insomniac unless I'm wrong.

Last edited: