• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
What is Squad

With the Steam sale being 50% off I started looking up impressions on this game now that is is farther along. Steam reviews, Reddit and YouTube seem overwhelmingly positive about where the game is at and how devs have handled it.

The teamwork aspect and how big firefights play out just make it seems.like such a cool unique experience. Anyone playing it? 20 dollar seems.like a good deal.and I'm tempted. Have had my eye on it for sometime.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
It's probably the most tense FPS I've ever played. Once you jump into a good squad with a fantastic leader, it's some of the best multiplayer action you can get.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably the most tense FPS I've ever played. Once you jump into a good squad with a fantastic leader, it's some of the best multiplayer action you can get.
That's what I keep hearing. I was thinking of Hell Let Loose but Squad just seems so much farther along with a lot more to do and again the community sounds pretty great. I'll probably jump on it this weekend. I dreamed about games like this in early FPS days.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
After playing this a few days I'm sold. So much detail in this game. Someone said it felt like Airsoft as a Videogame and it's true. There is a real adrenaline rush in this game I haven't felt in other shooters and the community is on another level. Helpful and constant communication. No leveling, no microtransactions and constant Dev support.

Few days left on the sale. 50% off is a great deal.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
After playing this a few days I'm sold. So much detail in this game. Someone said it felt like Airsoft as a Videogame and it's true. There is a real adrenaline rush in this game I haven't felt in other shooters and the community is on another level. Helpful and constant communication. No leveling, no microtransactions and constant Dev support.

Few days left on the sale. 50% off is a great deal.

Glad you are enjoying it. I actually played it a lot when I still had a gaming PC. All of that rings true. Thought the tactical gameplay, combined with the fortifications was really cool. And yeah, the community was really good as well. Was pretty easy to jump in, tell them you are new and people would teach you. You don't see that very often.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you are enjoying it. I actually played it a lot when I still had a gaming PC. All of that rings true. Thought the tactical gameplay, combined with the fortifications was really cool. And yeah, the community was really good as well. Was pretty easy to jump in, tell them you are new and people would teach you. You don't see that very often.
Yeah the steam reviews and how generally positive Reddit was is what convinced me to give it a shot. I need to get used to talking to strangers again cause it's something I haven't done in years with toxic most of line games are.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
After years of playing Project Reality I will have to pick this up at some point. Looks like it's shaping up well.

Dec 3, 2018
It's a really great game. I used to play Arma a lot with organised groups, but there was always a lot of downtime, not that I mind that, but Squad is like a distilled version of that and really good if you don't have a ton of time to invest. The sound effects and particle effects are great and make for a very immersive game.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I played a shit ton back when i first got it. It can be real intense.

Gotta get back into it one of these days its been too long.

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone here actually play this? I recently started playing again, I forgot how hectic this shit was.

Jun 1, 2018
I'm disappointed by the development
The Game started out as a hardcore shooter and the last patches made it closer to the arcade battlefield style