• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
This guy has millions of views so I'm sure a few of you have seen this, but I just came across it and wanted to share some sweet justice that this guy handed out:

I don't think we've ever seen such a detailed expose on the operations of a large scam calling operation.

He handed his footage over to the BBC and the lead guy ended up busted. The saddest part is the recordings he obtained of the victims of the scam calls, and the BBC Panorama programme on this is also worth watching for that.

I don't even know how what this guy did is possible lol, but I'm glad he ain't on the wrong side. It's a shame this is what was needed for the Indian police to act.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
OP
OP
TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
We actually had a thread on this a while ago.
www.resetera.com

YouTube scambaiter Jim Browning's video featured on BBC, BBC launched investigation, got an Indian scammer call center owner arrested

YouTube has a scambaiter named Jim Browning. A scambaiter is a person who calls up phone numbers of known scam call centers to waste their time so they don't get a chance to get in touch with their targets. Well, Jim Browning managed to get access to a scam call center's IP camera system and...

Ahh should've searched. Shame it didn't get more traction haha

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Fascinating insights, thanks for sharing.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
Also check out Kit Boga on twitch and Youtube. He's great.

There is another guy, i believe channel name is scammer revolts, that gains access to scammers PC's and deletes everything

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Fell down a youtube rabbit hole with exposing or fucking with scam callers. This guy is great.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
"Jim Browning" is great, yeah. I've gone down a big rabbit hole of these reverse-scammers before, lol. Haven't checked in on it much lately, though. This one looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.