• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Get the fucking military and police off the street. These animals are insane. Que se meta su migajas por el culo ladron qlo piñera.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
WTH is Piñera thinking! Get the fucking military and police off the streets. Nothing will get back to normal as long as they are killing and hurting his own people.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a 42 years old man scared shitless at the moment, the tension wn, you can feel it in the air.

Stay safe wnes <3

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is awful. I keep thinking back to spending new years in the middle of the streets of Santiago and how friendly and happy everyone was. Jesus.

Magni

It's like every time I reload the page the bodycount gets higher :/

Who is there to apply pressure on Piñera from outside? Bolsonaro? Trump? I can't see anyone helping, the Pope maybe?

This senseless violence makes me sick. Do these soldiers not realize they are killing their brothers? How brainwashed are they, or how fucked up were they in the first place? Is there no screening done and the army ended up filled with psychopaths?

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It definitely shouldn't be something any of you are required to do, but any time you can translate or give context to the tweets it does help people like me keep up. Again, I realize you shouldn't cater to us, but just in the interest of spreading the word.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
This dumbass is fucked and it's slowly dawning on him. After all the violence he and the military have unleashed I can't see Chileans accepting anything he might offer other than his resignation. And that's for starters because the people are going to demand justice.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

what the hell, this is terrible

I don't even want to link the other video with the aftermath because it is heartbreaking

Last edited:

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine knowing that your father, brother, cousin or boyfriend is out there, beating people senselessly with their batons, opening fire and straight up commiting murder or innocent, unarmed people.

How would you even look at them? Knowing they're capable of being that evil and having no regard to human rights or life?

A la mierda los pinches militares. Coman mierda culeros.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm a 42 years old man scared shitless at the moment, the tension wn, you can feel it in the air.

Stay safe wnes <3

I can totally understand you. You grew yo during the Dictatorship, saw the hope of the 90s going into the realization of the 2000s that we were not gonna get better and the downfall into this.

This Is different, we can now scream in this endless void of the internet. We can actually protect each other in some ways you couldn't before.

This Is for you, and everyone who isn't here. Stay safe. Don't expose yourself, but don't silence yourself either. Anything you need, scream! Also, join us in the chilean hangout in case you need something.

It's like every time I reload the page the bodycount gets higher :/

Who is there to apply pressure on Piñera from outside? Bolsonaro? Trump? I can't see anyone helping, the Pope maybe?

This senseless violence makes me sick. Do these soldiers not realize they are killing their brothers? How brainwashed are they, or how fucked up were they in the first place? Is there no screening done and the army ended up filled with psychopaths?

They are trained by those that were in Pinochet's Time, or by those trained during that Time. It's their doctrine.

It definitely shouldn't be something any of you are required to do, but any time can translate or give context to the tweets it does help people like me keep up. Again, I realize you shouldn't cater to us, but just in the interest of spreading the word.

Will do! The idea of this thread, and our push yo get It pinned, it's because otherwise It wouldn't be covered. And (sorry to Bring geopolíticas) since Chile Is a Close US Ally, it's hard to be covered. OEA hasnt done shit for us, for example.

By sharing what's happening here, and gathering awareness, you are helping prevent a 1973 Situation.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can totally understand you. You grew yo during the Dictatorship, saw the hope of the 90s going into the realization of the 2000s that we were not gonna get better and the downfall into this.

This Is different, we can now scream in this endless void of the internet. We can actually protect each other in some ways you couldn't before.

This Is for you, and everyone who isn't here. Stay safe. Don't expose yourself, but don't silence yourself either. Anything you need, scream! Also, join us in the chilean hangout in case you need something.

They are trained by those that were in Pinochet's Time, or by those trained during that Time. It's their doctrine.

Will do! The idea of this thread, and our push yo get It pinned, it's because otherwise It wouldn't be covered. And (sorry to Bring geopolíticas) since Chile Is a Close US Ally, it's hard to be covered. OEA hasnt done shit for us, for example.

By sharing what's happening here, and gathering awareness, you are helping prevent a 1973 Situation.

Thank you. I wish I could do more. I was in Santiago over New Years and then went to Puerto Natales to hike and then back to Santiago for awhile. I met so many nice Chileans including a scientist who we hiked with for 7 days who is now the UK. I learned so much about your country and I really loved so many parts of it. I'm so sorry this is happening.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017

Nobody. To those with power "Piñera is a bastard but he is OUR bastard. Enacting IMF policies (or trying to)". They'd rather have him than anyone else that is more... left leaning, someone who cares about people.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking insane.

At this point how is it possible to remove the police and military from the street? They are just killing machines.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
And with excellent timing, Evo Morales has decided to cheat himself to another term he shouldn't even have been allowed to run for.

So that's 3 South American countries in a month with mass protests.

sigh.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
can anyone get me a source for that 42 number
good luck with that. one death is already bad but that number is way over what has actually has happen. for not chilean posters, deaths caused by military and police are being investigated by prosecutors from the judicial system (not the military one) and there are already three soldiers that have been prosecuted and currently under investigation. there has been some deaths by fire of people looting and that couldnt get out of the building. yesterday a drunk driver went through a street full of people protesting and killed two persons (for example). one person was runned over by a military vehicle and so on.
as people can already tell chile still is a pretty polarized country, even in this thread im reading poster using the word "genocide".
there is bullshit spreading and panic from both sides, as always happens in this situations.
that said, social changes needed to happen.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
good luck with that. one death is already bad but that number is way over what has actually has happen. for not chilean posters, deaths caused by military and police are being investigated by prosecutors from the judicial system (not the military one) and there are already three soldiers that have been prosecuted and currently under investigation.
as people can already tell chile still is a pretty polarized country, even in this thread im reading poster using the word "genocide".
there is bullshit spreading and panic from both sides, as always happens in this situations.

Uh-huh.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
right now is running on twitter based on a supossed report of the interamerican human rights comission (CIDH). but there is no trace of said report, link or actual paper. im sure that when this all clears we will get a better picture of what actually happened (deaths, injured, abuse, etc). but baseless claims only contribute to panic.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Where is the info in the death toll? I can't see anywhere say 42 deaths?

can someone post a source for the 42 deaths? because I can't find it myself.

Yeah I'm gonna check on this because it seems a bit high

The problem Is that reports are different, for example goverment said 15 while National Human Rights Institute said "at least" 18. But that was a couple of days ago.

To my own account, a few deaths have been appointed to "looting", which Is posible (those that died in fires, one electrocuted.) But people Close to the events are questioning It. We saw how the military tried to cover tortures AND killing in 1973, so we can't know for sure the burnt bodies and electrocuted Is parte of that or not.

The guy that ran over a multitude killing two, was a drunk driver say witness. One dead in alleged self defense too, who went to the police to confess. So that's 3 "civilian" deaths, Human Rights Institute say at least 5 Dead via military for whom they are pressing charges, 3 sexual violations

There are people that aren't in the official list, AND people that dissapeared and not one official addressing there either

So "42" seems high, but not far off what really happens.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine knowing that your father, brother, cousin or boyfriend is out there, beating people senselessly with their batons, opening fire and straight up commiting murder or innocent, unarmed people.

How would you even look at them? Knowing they're capable of being that evil and having no regard to human rights or life?

A la mierda los pinches militares. Coman mierda culeros.

They are enjoying it. They were caged dogs, now unleashed. They are kids with guns playing the hero.

Traitors, shooting and torturing their own people. The worst scum.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah, death toll seems that's way unconfirmed to be stated that's 42.

Numbers are quite off though

These are numbers from the National Human Rights Institute as of TODAY October 23th

5 Deaths by military force (that are confirmed via multiple sources, including officials)

• Romario Veloz, La Serena,gunshot to the neck;
  • Alex Núñez, Maipú (RM), beaten with sticks in the head and torax.
  • Kevin Gómez, Coquimbo, shot by military.
  • Manuel Rebolledo Navarrete, Talcahuano, ran over by military car.
  • José Miguel Uribe Antipán, Curicó, shot by military.

269 Injured just in protests, 137 by gunshots.

1,894 arrested

30 total legal actions taken by them, 3 of them being Sexual abuse to women by state agents.

To this, add those that died in burnings and looting instances, some of them still aren't know their identities. Add reports of missing people. There are more reports of people dying but let's stay with this official number.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yeah I'm gonna check on this because it seems a bit high

The problem Is that reports are different, for example goverment said 15 while National Human Rights Institute said "at least" 18. But that was a couple of days ago.

To my own account, a few deaths have been appointed to "looting", which Is posible (those that died in fires, one electrocuted.) But people Close to the events are questioning It. We saw how the military tried to cover tortures AND killing in 1973, so we can't know for sure the burnt bodies and electrocuted Is parte of that or not.

The guy that ran over a multitude killing two, was a drunk driver say witness. One dead in alleged self defense too, who went to the police to confess. So that's 3 "civilian" deaths, Human Rights Institute say at least 5 Dead via military for whom they are pressing charges, 3 sexual violations

There are people that aren't in the official list, AND people that dissapeared and not one official addressing there either

So "42" seems high, but not far off what really happens.
So all the videos of the Military shooting at someone. Is the news sugggesting they arent killing but merely scaring people? I find it hard to believe its 20 or less. What about what seems to be a video where they are pulling or piling bodies together in the middle of the day? Edit: dont quote me on this. It was a tweet and maybe they just had detained a bunch of people in the street but since the video if from far away, you cant tell. Sorry dont mean to spread any false info.

Honestly I dont understand what the hell is going on. Is the military killing people without prejudice or not? Obviously not in a mass scale but it seems they are. I mean they shot a dude on the leg just cause. Am I to believe they arent doing more horrible shit around the city?

I'm asking in general. The jump from 18 to 45 is huge and believable at this point. I just hope it doesn't get out of hand. I really feel bad for the people of Chile.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
right now is running on twitter based on a supossed report of the interamerican human rights comission (CIDH). but there is no trace of said report, link or actual paper. im sure that when this all clears we will get a better picture of what actually happened (deaths, injured, abuse, etc). but baseless claims only contribute to panic.

The report is not by CIDH but by INDH...

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
good luck with that. one death is already bad but that number is way over what has actually has happen. for not chilean posters, deaths caused by military and police are being investigated by prosecutors from the judicial system (not the military one) and there are already three soldiers that have been prosecuted and currently under investigation. there has been some deaths by fire of people looting and that couldnt get out of the building. yesterday a drunk driver went through a street full of people protesting and killed two persons (for example). one person was runned over by a military vehicle and so on.
Just one guy said genocide. 42 is an unofficial number right now, but given all the shit that has happened, It wouldn't be far off.

And cut the shit with "both sides".

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
The report is not by CIDH but by INDH...

that tweet only mentions 5 deaths provocated by state agents.
ok so now mods are warning me. guess im out of this thread. last thing im going to say is that an unconfirmed number that has no base should not be on the title of the thread. i thought that facts were important in this kind of topics but i guess im wrong.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
So all the videos of the Military shooting at someone. Is the news sugggesting they arent killing but merely scaring people? I find it hard to believe its 20 or less. What about what seems to be a video where they are pulling or piling bodies together in the middle of the day? Edit: dont quote me on this. It was a tweet and maybe they just had detained a bunch of people in the street but since the video if from far away, you cant tell. Sorry dont mean to spread any false info.

Honestly I dont understand what the hell is going on. Is the military killing people without prejudice or not? Obviously not in a mass scale but it seems they are. I mean they shot a dude on the leg just cause. Am I to believe they arent doing more horrible shit around the city?

I'm asking in general. The jump from 18 to 45 is huge and believable at this point. I just hope it doesn't get out of hand. I really feel bad for the people of Chile.
Btw, 42 death as in "died in general" not by the military alone.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So all the videos of the Military shooting at someone. Is the news sugggesting they arent killing but merely scaring people? I find it hard to believe its 20 or less. What about what seems to be a video where they are pulling or piling bodies together in the middle of the day?

Some of them are shooting salva bullets, injured people.

But multiple reports of live ammunition are true too.

Those bodies some say were unconsious people.

But to tell you the truth, we don't even know for real everything, there's a lot of cover up taking place. Interior Subsecretary Minister said that some were under prohibition of speaking, which is Ilegal and journalists are questioning while the public prosecutiong is denying this is real.

Last night some students that are part of the communist students youths and other student organization were taken out of a residential building and is being investigated. This was already confirmed by trusted journalists.

So that gives you an idea that we CAN'T know everything for sure. The numbers I posted are the closer we can have to independent confirmation, and there are still things that are being investigated.