• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The song I got as number 1 is a song I only got twice as an insert on an automated playlist, so no, I don't think so.

The rest is just random stuff I've listened to lately?

Weird criteria all around.

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, mine's a bit random - several songs that I haven't listened to on Spotify for years, really overpopulated by one cast recording I decided to try out last month, quite a few I've never listened to, and then some great ones. Don't think I'll give it a listen however. Maybe if I used Spotify for my music exclusively but I greatly prefer buying music and listening locally so guess I don't give the algorithm much to work with.

First song on the playlist for me is Tempo by Lizzo and Missy Elliott - which is definitely not my most played song, but enough of the rest of the playlist is similar enough to my tastes that I think it is at least the playlist for me.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Screen-Shot-2022-06-30-at-2-02-11-PM.png

Based on the top 10, I have solid 60% chance of not dying.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
nxs41Hl.png

Bit of a recency bias here as I've been listening to this song a LOT lately but I don't know if it's my savior song per se. I like all this music but none of it really 'ranks' that high imo.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The fuck is Vecna? The D&D thing?

Oh, it's a Stranger Things thing.

Kel Varnsen

Oct 31, 2017
dCBo6hU.png

It's at least a pretty hype song. Not really sure what makes this list different from every other one spotify generates though.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I don't know what Vecna is as I've not watched Stranger Things yet, but I like these songs (#1 is one of my GOATs), so I'm going to assume it's a good thing for my survival hopes

QrXefEi.png

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My playlist is so bad. 1st song is a song I discovered like last week and heard only a couple of times lol
Has like only 3 tracks from my most heard band.

Dissapointed in this :c

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WVLmmmZ.png

I don't think I've ever deliberately listened to ABBA or Waterloo in particular. I don't hate it though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't use spotify on my PC, so I think it just gave me a playlist from the soundtrack lol.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
1) This Life - Denzel Curry
2) Retro - Childish Gambino
3) Law of Averages - Vince Staples
4) Baby I'm Bleeding - JPEGMAFIA
5) Sweet Serenade - Pusha

The rest of the list is kinda all over the place, not too bad for the first 5 though

Miles Iz Ded

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm I got ' Rock You Like A Hurricane' as well. Hate the song and never played it on Spotify. I guess it it will be a featured song in the last 2 eps?

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
I don't need Spotify to tell me Carly Rae is pulling me back from the brink.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blink by Father Octopus is what's at the top of my list

I have never heard this song

I can only assume that listening to a playlist made entirely of songs alex navarro has played on the drums fucked up my whole algorithm

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC

It's kinda funny how Counterfeit got on there. Not only is it Jamie Bower's band but I just recently checked them out. My list isn't bad might actually listen to it at work tomorrow.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be some completely broken recency bias going on. My #1 and #2 are songs I've listened to only a couple of times very recently.

Having said that, M83 - Intro is great and might just do the trick.

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
No spoilers, I haven't watched season 4 yet. Anyhoo.

edit: wtf, that's nowhere near the playlist they actually show me.

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, getting some major recency bias here as well. My #1 song on the list just happens to have come up on random (in a list of 3397 songs) twice in the past week, but is something I have never really gone out of my way to listen on repeat or anything.

The second song on the list is Violent Delights by CHVRCHES, and that would definitely do the trick.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Waa? Usually spotify is really good with this kinda stuff.. but my playlist is all ike metallica and korn and shit i dont listen to at all.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why does sharing the link to the playlist only post the official one? Annoying.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Qf9unjx.png

Uh, I dunno. I like Go Getter but there's like almost a dozen songs by The Accidentals I like more.

Also I wouldn't put them as my "save my life from evil demon thing" band.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The first song listed on my UpsideDown playlist is Ke$ha's Tik Tok. And then the next one is a Slipknot song. I can't even tell you the title of a Slipknot song, because I don't listen to them. I dunno. I think Vecna might crumble me up into a ball first try going by this list.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Posting before checking but I imagine Where is my Mind will be #1

Weird it picks from a lot more recent a pool of songs than I expected. I figured it would be mostly a best of list of my past.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Yo this thing sucks.
I used to use Spotify constantly, right up until around January this year I think? They should know what my favourites are, but it seems to have chosen a live version of a song I listened to a few times leading up to my cancelation of the service, plus some extra random bits and pieces, and then some of the Stranger Things soundtrack.

The #1 song is good, but it's nowhere near my favourite, nor anywhere near the song I listened to the most in the same month I listened to that song. I'd be dead if I trusted Spotify.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
can't seem to link my own playlist but it's okay i guess. half the song aren't even things i would call anything close to a favorite songs

Last edited:

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Spotify algorithm has failed me again. Just random songs that aren't even the most listened to songs from the artists.