• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
ngl i had never heard of Bad Bunny before opening this thread. But then i don't listen to the viral list or top hits lists on spotify so. I listen to my discover weekly and other curated stuff if i wanna discover new shit.

Most others i knew of but don't really listen to except folklore was very good.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Bruh if you dont know who Bad Bunny is there is a 98% chance you are white XD

Its always cool to see how Puerto Rican talent keep getting these accolades despite it being such a tiny mark on the map lol.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
I've been listening to a lot of raggaeton and latin music this year. Amazing to see Bad Bunny at the top, suprised J Balvin isn't to be seen.

Jan 10, 2018
Listening to Bad Bunny now I'm beginning to understand why none of the services I use have recommended his work. It sounds like nothing I've ever listened to before. But then again, it's not so obvious how these recommendations occur. I started listening to Travis Scott because I liked the score for Tenet for instance.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
888.jpg

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of Weeknd but that song is about as ubiquitous as you get in today's splintered listening world. Hear that one everywhere.

Good on Taylor with a more low-key album launch and an album without the obvious radio hits and still being up there with all the cool new names.

Cool to see Dua up there as well.

Overall too many mopy dudes on these lists but some great names as well.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Seeing how Bad Bunny apperantly is of the latin /reggaeton genre it's not weird i have never heard of him, it's genres i don't really enjoy listening to or seek out. Sometimes one of those songs break into mainstream radio in Sweden and i don't think i have ever liked any of em lol.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing how Bad Bunny apperantly is of the latin /reggaeton genre it's not weird i have never heard of him, it's genres i don't really enjoy listening to or seek out. Sometimes one of those songs break into mainstream radio in Sweden and i don't think i have ever liked any of em lol.
Check him out. He's definitely on a hip hop wave too. Check out 100XPRE, the album

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I've never heard of "Bad Bunny" until this thread, but I'm sure I must've heard his music without knowing it, because all five of his most popular songs on Spotify have that same damn repetitious beat that I hear being blasted from cars non-stop.

Now I can call it the "Bad Bunny beat" and go back to wondering what life was like before I ever heard it.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a part of those bad bunny stats. he's super talented and the music rules. listen to it a lot while gaming

100xpre was a banger of an album

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of "Bad Bunny" until this thread, but I'm sure I must've heard his music without knowing it, because all five of his most popular songs on Spotify have that same damn repetitious beat that I hear being blasted from cars non-stop.

Now I can call it the "Bad Bunny beat" and go back to wondering what life was like before I ever heard it.
It's called trap and isn't exclusive to him. hell my parents who are super white like the laid back style of trap especially since it's a lot less intrusive and plays great as background music

Shifty360

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 3, 2020

You are not allowed to say who!

You will be labelled ignorant and a boomer, how are you not follow everything or this forum dare imagine there are many tiers of age groups among the membership.

Anyway, heard of some but most of them I have not .... will not comment on perceived quality.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Great to see Bad Bunny up top!

I know all 10 of the top songs, although I wish i knew only 9 of them since Dance Monkey is complete garbage.

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I've been getting into Dua lately, glad to see she hit two of the charts. Bad Bunny still doesn't do it for me but I recognize the talent.

I'll cop to not knowing a lot of these because of the same old white guy thing but I always love these charts because it's a chance to break out of that bubble. I just learned that I liked J Balvin, for instance. This stuff may not click with you but it's worth a shot to broaden your tastes.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
Listening to Dua Lipa legitamatly feels like I'm taking Mubatu crazy pills.

I still understand how people haven't recognised that her songs all sound like low-rent S Club 7 remixes. Talented singer but no way in hell did she 'Reinvent Disco'.

Knightywing

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Dance Monkey being a Top 2 songs sums up 2020. What a ville song.
At least Dua Lipa is doing well. She got herself a new fan after Future Nostalgia. Such a good album.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Listening to Dua Lipa legitamatly feels like I'm taking Mubatu crazy pills.

I still understand how people haven't recognised that her songs all sound like low-rent S Club 7 remixes. Talented singer but no way in hell did she 'Reinvent Disco'.
Multiple reviews said that she is simultaneously a throwback to 90s pop mixed in with modern music. Plus it's implied in the title of the album.

So I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Well I am more familiar with the top artists than I would have thought. No idea who Bad Bunny is though and I still couldn't tell you a Travis Scott song if you pointed a gun to my head.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Now I feel old. From most artists, I don't even know a song. Guess it's time to, once more, move out of my metal bubble and listen to what the young folks like nowadays.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
How does Dua have a top 10 album, but isn't top 10 for artists? She is slaying it this year.

Last edited:

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Mia, RITMO, and Tusa by Karol G are the only Spanish language songs that get heavily played on English radio in Boston but you are pretty much guaranteed to hear one of them any time you get in the car. Hopefully Maluma and The Weeknd can bump one of those.

Oct 29, 2017
Throwing my hat in the "Man, I'm old" circle. I know half the top 10, only 2 in the top 5. I don't know if I've even seen those names before, much less heard any of their music. Considering how much I was in to music, this is surprising!

I've been in the mood for something new (I'm 40, and listen to acoustic stuff mostly), Ill try some of this out, see what you young folk are getting funky to.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
I don't really feel old because the music I listen to was never "top of the charts" popular, but there is a lot of current popular music of all sorts outside of top 10 artists that you might listen to.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm officially out of touch. I think The Weeknd is the only artist on the list I paid any attention to this year.

Solitude

Nov 11, 2020
I'm kinda surprised Drake charting that high worldwide and at No 1 in the UK without releasing a new album.

Somehow Dua Lipa didn't make top 5 in the UK.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
Multiple reviews said that she is simultaneously a throwback to 90s pop mixed in with modern music. Plus it's implied in the title of the album.

So I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Whilst implying in most interview that hastag 'she has reinvented disco'. I mean great, I'm not a retro-revivalist nor am I interested in 90's pop which was disposable trash, I'm old enough to remember some of it.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
I don't really feel old because the music I listen to was never "top of the charts" popular, but there is a lot of current popular music of all sorts outside of top 10 artists that you might listen to.

Yeah I'm definitely out of touch with that top 10 but I'm also listening to lots of new young bands in the indie/college radio space, heck some of the artists I like just graduated college this year.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Who the literal fuck is Bad Bunny

Life moves too quick
He was a total unknown a few years back unless you were Latino. My sister went to a bunch of his concerts in tiny concert halls in Orlando for, like, 20 bucks back in 2017 or so. Now they'd be in massive stadiums.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
I'd heard of Bad Bunny but had no idea he was this big
Virtually non existent in the UK