• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best time of the year has begun, and I need some recommendations myself of what to play this month to keep the Halloween spirit alive, what games you will all be playing?

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't played Resident Evil VII.

Plus I've also got the original Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, but I mean, my heart can only handle so much

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Think of playing The Evil Within 2 and Costume Quest to lighten up the mood after lol

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Darkwood earlier this year and have been specifically waiting until this time of year to play it.

I'm also playing Dark Souls 3 and will likely buy Amnesia: Rebirth.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gonna revisit & finish Luigi's Mansion 3!

Exactly the kind of Scooby Doo vibes I need this Halloween season.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I shall be undertaking my yearly visit to what should be the Anarch Free State in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Then maybe some more horror games later.

I will probably be replaying Pathologic and Pathologic 2. Again.

I should actually finish Pathologic 2. Think I got to Day 5 before I just went onto other games. What a bleak game that is.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Just sitting playing Hades until WoW Shadowlands pre-patch comes out.. taking a break from console until November next gen release

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Just started a replay of Code Veronica X. Only my second time playing through it, and first in a really long time. Also going to start a replay of REmake (Chris' campaign this year) at lunch.

Silent Hill: Homecoming and Downpour after that, to finish off the mainline SH games.

And hopefully Amnesia: Rebirth closer to the end of the month.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Probably picking back up my run of Diablo (the first one) which I've yet to complete. Usually that's my go to. Although I'm strongly considering re-installing L4D2 because hey new update.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Just Dying Light and RE7 like last year, maybe I'll buy a horror game in a couple days. I lost my TLOU disk so I won't be playing that

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't wait so I played The Evil Within 2 at the start of September, now I'm playing Deadly Premonition 2. I've got the Outlast Trinity collection for PS4 that I've yet to play too but I'm kind of on the look out for horror/paranormal themed Switch games at the moment.

Oct 24, 2019
I played most of the AAA horror games in my backlog last Spooktober, so this year will be more about the AA/indie games in my backlog with maybe a couple AAAs mixed in!

My list (we'll see how many I can get through in a month haha):

Layers of Fear

Call of Cthulhu

The Sinking City

Amnesia: Machine for Pigs

Blair Witch

Resident Evil 3 Remake

Moons of Madness

Carrion

Man of Medan

World of Horror

Yuppie Psycho

Observation

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I finally dove into dark souls 3. Not a traditional scary game, but I love that fall and gloomy atmosphere. It's hitting the spot!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Horror or horror adjacent games I'm planning to play:

RE3R, Dark Souls remaster, Dead By Daylight and then the new Amnesia.

Right now I'm half way through a Claire run in RE2R.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
For those looking for a game I would recommend Soma.

I am probably going to finally get around to finishing luigi's mansion 3 myself. Maybe Resident Evil VII

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I actually just beat Outlast last night after having not played it since 2015 lol. Didn't realize how close I was to the end as I finished it in about 30 minutes.

Started Blair Witch last night and I can already tell it's a bit of a mess but since it's short I'll power through. Going to check out Resident Evil 7 for the first time once I'm finished and I'm very excited for that one.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I began with Alien Isolation last week. That's been in my backlog for quite some time. Other than that: Dead by Daylight and Phasmophobia for shorter play sessions. Man of Medan and Until Dawn to play with my girlfriend. Then I'll probably improvise with Resident Evil HD, Amnesia Rebirth, or Outlast 2.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Need to Finish Medieval, Bloodstained, Re:Make, RE2Make, Vampyr, Arkham Knight (takes place during Halloween right?)

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
We should probably have a Spooktober / Halloween OT since this is like the third thread I've seen on the topic.

That being said, unlike previous years I'm actually planning to play some spooky games during October this year. Here's my tentative list:
  • Resident Evil 3 (currently playing on PS4, almost done I think - at the hospital with Carlos)
  • A Night in the Woods (Switch - started playing this last year but never beat it)
  • Alien Isolation (PC - started playing this last year but never beat it)
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PC Game Pass - just downloaded)
  • Bloodborne (PS4 - started a while ago, haven't finished yet - can you spot a pattern?)
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch - haven't bought it yet, waiting for a sale)
As you can see with ANitW and LM3, I'm trying to mix in some spooky-themed-but-not-spooky-at-all games since I don't think I can play actually scary games non-stop for a month.

Last edited:

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently working my way up through the difficulties in the original Devil May Cry, so between the Resident Evil roots and the horrifying difficulty on DMD I'm counting that :P

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Might run through P.T. again, and I've had Layers of Fear installed for a while, might give that a go.

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to hear your thoughts on Darkwood once you start it. Been considering picking it up myself for this month

I played the opening 20 minutes or so immediately after I bought it. I was impressed and intrigued enough by those 20 minutes to shelve it for a time where I'd appreciate it properly, so safe to say I'm really looking forward to digging into it.

It was one of this years early Steam sales where I picked it up super cheap, so I'd guess it's a shoe in for any Spooky SZN sales.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Quit putting off RE7, people. It's a great time.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Maybe the new Amnesia if the word of mouth is great.

Should probably try Carrion on gamepass, I really enjoyed the demo back in the day.

Rogue-lites like Spelunky 2 or Undermine can get a bit scary and spooky too sometimes haha, will be playing those a lot

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Like every year, I plan on Platinum'ing The Evil Within and getting the 100% for PS3 Resident Evil 4. I end up doing something else instead every year.