• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Derogatory Language/Meme
Uh oh. Some people aren't gonna be happy cause "more swords REEEE".

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft is bigger than Notch anyways. His main thing is becoming a depressed shitty billionaire after selling away his creation.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So I don't know much about DQ, but if they could somehow finesse a Crono color palette into the character, I'd be okay with it

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, the rumor said that P5R marketing would be in 2019. It didn't tie it to the DLC.

Like, you can have your own ideas on it, but twisting the facts just distorts things for no reason.
I was just going with the translation I had. Admittedly that might have been rough and not the most accurate one. Apologies.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
No, the rumor said that P5R marketing would be in 2019. It didn't tie it to the DLC.

Like, you can have your own ideas on it, but twisting the facts just distorts things for no reason.
No it didn't. It said
Joker

The stage is Mementos

Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill

Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)

P5R is 2019

P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game
It could just be a false leak, but it did not say marketing would be in 2019. It is implying that Joker in Smash (since it was a smash discussion) is marketing for P5R.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Uh oh. Some people aren't gonna be happy cause "more swords REEEE".
It's kinda different here, the big complaint was that Fire emblem, a series with a defined sword, axe and spear weapons triangle along with bows staff and even transforming warriors has 7 characters that all primarily use swords.
This is a different franchise where the character has a sword but is also a magic and item user

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're likely going for the adult design because it's also the only one that has a female counterpart drawn by Toriyama:
5c16c9208c45405bd8000001.jpeg
I'm not so sure. His character attributes sort of lean more towards a younger frame.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it didn't. It said

It could just be a false leak, but it did not say marketing would be in 2019. It is implying that Joker in Smash (since it was a smash discussion) is marketing for P5R.
My translation said:

Joker

The stage is Mementos

Jack Frost will appear as a stage hazard

Used for marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)

P5R will come in 2019

P5U is delayed because Arc is working on a Granblue fighting game

Although I got a friend to do it for me (I don't know any Japanese), so maybe layers got introduced that obfuscated the message.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we even need leaks about Persona 5 on Switch when Reggie himself is telling us to read between his bullshit?

"You know, I can't comment on that. Again, from our perspective, we've been clear. We want all the best content on our platform. All the best content, all the best developers. And so our job is to continue growing the install base for Nintendo Switch to drive engagement of our players, to grow the audience. As that happens, then developers see the opportunity."

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
P5R, P5U, a DQ rep in Smash, and a Granblue fighting game were all rumored before that one meta-rumor. I still don't see any reason to trust the other details of that rumor just yet.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
My translation said:

Joker

The stage is Mementos

Jack Frost will appear as a stage hazard

Used for marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)

P5R will come in 2019

P5U is delayed because Arc is working on a Granblue fighting game

Although I got a friend to do it for me (I don't know any Japanese), so maybe layers got introduced that obfuscated the message.
I'm just ripping the translation from Persona Central, but looking at the chan post it is correct. The marketing line and P5R 2019 are separate lines, and so separate thoughts.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we even need leaks about Persona 5 on Switch when Reggie himself is telling us to read between his bullshit?

"You know, I can't comment on that. Again, from our perspective, we've been clear. We want all the best content on our platform. All the best content, all the best developers. And so our job is to continue growing the install base for Nintendo Switch to drive engagement of our players, to grow the audience. As that happens, then developers see the opportunity."
No, we know it's happening, but some people are adamant it won't

(this is not targeted at you FluxWave, I have more than enough respect for you!)

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
And so the whole joke about Goku in Smash was someone pretty much saying a DQ character would be in the game, what were the other characters in the leak again?

Deleted member 38050

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
82d8d85b1f66a78e5431eb430d44cf7d_1920_KR.jpg

Put my boy in Smash!!! He belongs there!!!
Hopefully (if he's in) they also put in the female Erdrick skin, but I'll take whatever I can get at this stage regarding Dragon Quest.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That depiction is particularly old though. More recent art have him a bit younger (but still his adult design)
2c3b2eeefd9d0e29d4fb57d95007645d.png
They'll probably go with a middle ground design like that. Would probably also work if they want to make a model swap with DQXI's hero.

He has similar attributes to Link

His speed is more comparable to Young Link's. As far as weight goes, he's still lighter than Link, despite the armor being weightier, so he's most likely smaller than Link.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There was a rumor that leaked three things:
  1. Granblue Fantasy fighting game by ASW
  2. Persona 5 for Switch
  3. DQ character for Smash
Two out of three have now happened...
Actually that was after another Granblue Fantasy rumor was already spread. Hitagi or whatever his name was from gamefaqs leaked as much far before the one you're referring to.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Sorry, what is correct? And what would that imply?
That the person mentioned marketing for P5R and P5U on one line, and then mentioned P5R being 2019 on another. Those are separate lines, and so they are separate thoughts. Could still be a bogus leak, but it definitely wasn't saying marketing would be in 2019.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That the person mentioned marketing for P5R and P5U on one line, and then mentioned P5R being 2019 on another. Those are separate lines, and so they are separate thoughts. Could still be a bogus leak, but it definitely wasn't saying marketing would be in 2019.
Ahhhh. So if (and it's still an if) the leak is real, we would be looking at an implication for P5 and P5U on Switch.
Thank you for clarifying!