• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine not wanting to be spoiled and STILL being in here or on era at all. Be mad initially that's fair if that's how u feel but to still be in here is nuts to me like the rest of that shit can't leak right now lol

anyway. If that's 3d kirby my prayers will have been answered

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
I love it, spoil all the announcements. People just completely lose their minds.
I'm more mad about the people that come in here dunking on the people that are looking forward to watching the event.

Like YEAH, it's just a dumb direct and an advertisement but don't come waltzing in like they're too cool for school and above it all like they're not on a website that regularly posts about shit like the next Hot Wheels game

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
put me in the "you can't spoil marketing" camp, the complaining seems supremely silly to me

getting hyped for these events has always been one of the stupidest things in gaming because every single fucking time it's pages of complaining from people who didn't get what they want because they got too excited, poured everything into predictions and amping themselves up and then of course the event didn't match their unreasonable expectations. stomp that culture out. It just marketing

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
put me in the "you can't spoil marketing" camp, the complaining seems supremely silly to me

getting hyped for these events has always been one of the stupidest things in gaming because every single fucking time it's pages of complaining from people who didn't get what they want because they got too excited, poured everything into predictions and amping themselves up and then of course the event didn't match their unreasonable expectations. stomp that culture out. It just marketing
There seems to be nothing but "GAMER" rooted in this type of behavior. Contrary to what gets proclaimed around here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand people getting upset about stories being spoiled but an announcement? Nah lol. That makes me more hyped.

With that being said, gimme that Zelda.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I can't imagine not wanting to be spoiled and STILL being in here or on era at all. Be mad initially that's fair if that's how u feel but to still be in here is nuts to me like the rest of that shit can't leak right now lol

anyway. If that's 3d kirby my prayers will have been answered
Agree, it's bizarre to see people actually angry about it. You are on Resetera, what do you expect? Don't get me wrong, game story spoilers are one thing, but multiple people cursing at OP for saying that Nintendo is making a new Kirby game(no shit, is this really a surprise to ANYONE?) in a thread title? some of you guys take this stuff too seriously…

Mar 18, 2020
Not sure if the current title was the original title or not, but if you don't want to be "spoiled" is very easy not to open the thread.

From the looks of it this is 100% on whoever manages the JP site. Yesterday was a holiday so they may have set it to update automatically but got the time wrong, idk

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
We attach a certain wonder around Nintendo Directs because they're basically mini E3 press conferences and Nintendo is the WIlly Wonka's Video Game factory of the industry. They're generally pretty damn good at being vacuum tight around leaks as well so it's usually a genuine mystery what they'll announce. That's why people get irritated about "spoilers." At least that's what I think.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you care that much about spoilers you should avoid era & social media the day the event goes live lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
You have to marvel at the success of the Nintendo Direct that, not only did everyone else in the industry adopt the same format, but any info leaking out beforehand is been described as "spoilers", like it's a TV show.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
You have to marvel at the success of the Nintendo Direct that, not only did everyone else in the industry adopt the same format, but any info leaking out beforehand is been described as "spoilers", like it's a TV show.

to be fair, people have been calling gaming showcase leaks "spoilers" well before Nintendo directs were a thing.

gaming hype cycle is a beast that eats its own tail.

Jan 29, 2018
Is that page on the website supposed to be about the Direct, or is it just a 'here's what's coming to Switch' page that had Kirby added early? If it's the latter we might not see Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 at the Direct.

FossilPhantom

Oct 22, 2019
Is that page on the website supposed to be about the Direct, or is it just a 'here's what's coming to Switch' page that had Kirby added early? If it's the latter we might not see Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 at the Direct.

I believe that page is just Nintendo's release schedule. The notable things about it are that Kirby exists at all and that Bayonetta is schedule for 2022

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread was created to discuss the contents of a partial Nintendo Direct leak - not to argue about what constitutes a spoiler. Please remain on topic.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

The direct description blatantly says "Mainly Focused on Games Launching This Winter", so unless this winter is incredible I think it would be strange to have a direct with mainly 2022 games.